predator_bg

The predator

• Hosted
  • 2,435 posts
  • Projects:Contra

Posted 06 June 2015 - 01:48 PM

Originally posted on ModDB by dcesarec on Jun 6th, 2015

Hi people,

it's been a long time since our last update, which was release of 008 FINAL version.

I hope you guys enjoy playing this great mod as much as we do. We have been playing many online games, we watched many walkthrough videos on YouTube and we are happy that people are so much interested in Contra. Because of all that, and because of all ideas we still have, we continued our work.

So, let's put it in some order. Let's start with USA.

- Many people were sad that we could not fix bugs which appeared with Web Defense System, we were sad because of that too. But, we found a way to use this great weapon, slightly changed. So, we present you Super Weapon general's Ion Tower defense.

ion_defense.jpg

Ion Tower defense will replace Fire Base artillery, so it is available at rank 1. It consumes power, can be garrisoned by 4 infantry units. It is a precise artillery structure, effective vs all ground units.

- Next is Grendel defense system for SW general. Yes, you have probably seen this structure somewhere, it was used in Remix mod, and for USA Boss general, but now it's a part of SW general too. SW general's patriots are now changed, they are more effective but also cost more, they don't match up vs ECM tanks. This is where Grendel comes in, it's a very good anti-tank defense system. Does not depend on other defenses and brings good damage vs tanks.

grendel.jpg

- Let's continue with USA SW. Strategy Centers give you weapons if you choose bombardment strategy, right!? Before it was a boring artillery cannon for all USA generals. Not anymore, now they are unique and effective in their own ways. USA SW general has Ion Tower.

swwds.jpg

- Laser General has prototype of Rail Gun weapon, very devastating cannon.

railgun.jpg

- Laser general also has one good improvement. Colonel Burton now has a light saber instead of his knife attack. This attack is very effective vs tanks. He can kill rank 3 tanks with one blow. Col. Burton is also hidden while performing this attack, so if you see your tanks dying you better bring some scouts with you.

lsbrt.jpg

- That's it for USA... China didn't get any new visual candies (for now). But GLA did. This new tank, Marauder T-63, replaces the old Marauder model. New model is the finest of GLA units so far, and this honor is given to Assault general. Not only he is visual changed, he is also changed in his stats. He is more effective vs. tanks and structures now.

3.jpg

- New Challenge maps are also in progress. You can see, we are working on all aspects of the game. Below is shown challenge versus USA Boss.

743.jpg

739.jpg

- There are many more changes in balance and bug fixing. We read your comments, test everything and make changes. List of changes is big, and I won't post it right now because it could be changed in the future. Most important change that I can share with you is faster exp gaining. Yes, you heard good. Now you can get rank 5 a lot faster and game is more interesting.

- Last but not least, I would like to point you a few links to people that record and show Contra videos from time to time.

- First one is Generals Gentlemen, track his channel because he is putting streaming videos online from Contra games too: https://www.youtube..../PwnageMachine0

- Another person posting Contra videos and walkthroughs is Irwe3 https://www.youtube.com/user/Irwe3 , although I can't make a contact with him for further videos.

- And for German fans, there is BurakkiD https://www.youtube....rMEAMWVgOgKhxWA

That's it for now. Stay tuned!!! :D

Edited by predator_bg, 06 June 2015 - 02:24 PM.

#2 Madin

Madin

title available

• Hosted
  • 686 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 05:13 PM

Good work!

:closedeyes:

#3 predator_bg

predator_bg

The predator

• Hosted
  • 2,435 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 08:19 PM

Good work!

:closedeyes:

Many thanks, Madin!

#4 Alessia

Alessia
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 09:07 PM

I've played 8 final and I've realized the robots general really needs a better anti tank unit.

Perhaps a tier 2 lancer that can attack ground units but not air units could fill this role

or something like the Tiberium wars titan walker that can crush smaller tanks like a overlord tank

though despite that, nice job on 008 final.

Also I'd like to note  that there appears to be a bug with some of the models later in the game all the models mess up i'll have to get a screenshot but for now that's the only bug I've found.

Edited by Alessia, 06 June 2015 - 09:12 PM.

#5 dcesarec

dcesarec

THE COON

• Project Team
  • 3,091 posts
  • Projects:Contra 008 Art (models, textures, wallpapers...)
  •  Color check! Is this text blue?

Posted 07 June 2015 - 06:50 AM

I've played 8 final and I've realized the robots general really needs a better anti tank unit.

Perhaps a tier 2 lancer that can attack ground units but not air units could fill this role

or something like the Tiberium wars titan walker that can crush smaller tanks like a overlord tank

though despite that, nice job on 008 final.

Also I'd like to note  that there appears to be a bug with some of the models later in the game all the models mess up i'll have to get a screenshot but for now that's the only bug I've found.

Please show us screenshot if possible.

Posted Image

#6 Alessia

Alessia
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 03:54 PM

if It happens again i will but some of the models just screw up and turn into piece of junk or something

#7 ZHepic

ZHepic
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 04:39 PM

sweeeet new update! I was wondering where those web towers went. Oh please take a look at the air force generals challange map, I keep getting a CTD fightingh im, its reallllly reallly reallY REALLLY bad with stealth general, like I am not sure I can complete the challange on normal bad, have not tried hard yet but I am going to assume the ai is still going to use what ever its doing that is causing a CTD anyway on hard. Stealth general needs some ground AA troops, cyber general's fenrir is not correct if I read things right in the forums, and infantry general needs to get a toxic suit upgrade bad as thrax and shi tao utterly obliterate him without it. Oh I also noticed the ECM planes for AF general dont have a "select all" ability like every other aircraft, and the rig launched "tunnel" ability does not function well in the super weapon general challange map, keeps telling me " can not reach target" when I try to target over the water.

#8 Alessia

Alessia
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 01:28 PM

so how come the robots generals raven has no missles?

Untitled_zpsqaoz5ixr.png

And is there a way to tell the computer TO NOT BUILD IN MY DANGIT BASE!!!! I swear I spend more credits making stuff to destroy things my allies build in my base than I do anything else i cant' focuse on the enemy as well as my allie CPu being a douche.

Edited by Alessia, 08 June 2015 - 01:31 PM.

#9 blackpage

blackpage
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 07:14 PM

Hi,thank you for your works.

contra 8 is great ,In particular graphic mods ..

-but for some Issues,  contra 7 is bit better than 008.because in contra8 some units are like TOYS.

and contra 7 has more options for upgrading. please use Realistic armament models ;)

-please add more special weapons, and more restrictions to use them.

you are best :thumbsupcool:

good luck.

#10 predator_bg

predator_bg

The predator

• Hosted
  • 2,435 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 11:40 AM

so how come the robots generals raven has no missles?

And is there a way to tell the computer TO NOT BUILD IN MY DANGIT BASE!!!! I swear I spend more credits making stuff to destroy things my allies build in my base than I do anything else i cant' focuse on the enemy as well as my allie CPu being a douche.

Raven has anti-aircraft missiles. Select an airborne target and it will fire its missiles.

AI does that since the original Generals. It even steals your supplies. It's hard/impossible to tell the AI not to build near a friendly supply source. The map 'Fortress' on your screenshot is designed for 1 vs 3. Your ally attempts to take those neutral structures since they are close to him.

#11 ImperialRazgriz

ImperialRazgriz
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 June 2015 - 01:18 AM

This is a request based off my experience in General's Challenge with the Nuke General, can you please either:

1: Give the Nuke General a basic defense (like the gattling gun tower or the bunker)

2: Give the AI a longer wait period before they start attacking...this is a major problem in the Laser General map for the Nuke General, as the laser general attacks en-mass on multiple fronts with combined arms units that are nearly unstoppable.

#12 MasterC&C

MasterC&C
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 09:31 AM

The only thing i have to say is i don't know why this happens.. Many times the AI don't upgrading all the stuff they have or build like they should. like Robots don't build is super Tank.. i hope you understand what i'm trying to say, i installed the game many times new, i am not a newbie, and put the stuff in the right folder and places. can you solve this? can you maybe add too some new animation to the Nuke Cannon Explosions etc?

But all in all the mod is The best one.. i playing it since 004 Thank you for keeping it alive, since Remix is dead i think...

#13 predator_bg

predator_bg

The predator

• Hosted
  • 2,435 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 09:18 AM

This is a request based off my experience in General's Challenge with the Nuke General, can you please either:

1: Give the Nuke General a basic defense (like the gattling gun tower or the bunker)

2: Give the AI a longer wait period before they start attacking...this is a major problem in the Laser General map for the Nuke General, as the laser general attacks en-mass on multiple fronts with combined arms units that are nearly unstoppable.

2. Sounds better.

The only thing i have to say is i don't know why this happens.. Many times the AI don't upgrading all the stuff they have or build like they should. like Robots don't build is super Tank.. i hope you understand what i'm trying to say, i installed the game many times new, i am not a newbie, and put the stuff in the right folder and places. can you solve this? can you maybe add too some new animation to the Nuke Cannon Explosions etc?

But all in all the mod is The best one.. i playing it since 004 Thank you for keeping it alive, since Remix is dead i think...

I'll try to fix all these problems for the next release.

#14 ImperialRazgriz

ImperialRazgriz
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 12:13 AM

2. Sounds better.

I'll try to fix all these problems for the next release.

Looking forward to the next release.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users