• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Eisengeist

Eisengeist
  • Hosted
  • 6 posts
  • Projects:CnC RedAlert XO and XO for Red Dawn

Posted 18 November 2015 - 10:15 PM

Sole Survivor was a massively multiplayer game based on original C&C, Tiberium Dawn.  Servers went down over ten years ago and it was never included in any C&C collections.   It was up to 50 players but you had to pick only one unit to play as, any unit in the original C&C.  Team CTF was the most popular mode.  Stats were modified from TD values, designed to even up units, and most were given more hit points,

Red Alert 1 is limited to 8 players but you can have multiple units in this version recreated for RA.  Two or three per a player will probably make for most strategic and skillful games.  Ants with their stats are substituted for viceroid and two of the four dinosaurs.  All other TD units are present as well as some RA units.

Thanks to Myg whose sole server work I got most stats from and Nyerguds whose Sole Survivor map render images I recreated map35 going by.

More info and variations of first test map available at http://xo.cncguild.net/sole.html

It is designed for play on http://cncnet.org

I do not know exact numbers for weapons, warhead percentages, and structures.  I have approximated weapon firing rates and ranges closely but do not know if damages or %'s were changed.  If anyone has this information or where it could be found in sole.exe with a hex editor I would appreciate it.

Also available on my xo site is TD and RA1 combined together with at least four different teams within RA1.  It's not as epic as the excellent stand alone game, Dawn of the Tiberium Age, which combines them together within TS' s engine but it has some things to offer.

These are all self-contained map mods that do not modify your game.  Just play the map and it has the custom rules within it.

#2 OmegaBolt

OmegaBolt

Lost In The New Real

• Hosted
  • 6,273 posts
  • Projects:Red-Resurrection
  •  O'Bolt

Posted 18 November 2015 - 10:35 PM

Sounds interesting, but, not to put too much of a downer on the work you've done, I think you could get much closer to the original with OpenRA. You wouldn't have any of the hardcoded limits of RA, and in fact you could have up to 50 players again.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#3 Eisengeist

Eisengeist
  • Hosted
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 10:42 PM

Actually somewhere on CnCNet's forums I mentioned that as a good possibility, but this should be a good start.  I don't know when I could get to that, but anyone is welcome to use any part of my work.

#4 Eisengeist

Eisengeist
  • Hosted
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 November 2015 - 12:28 AM

Here's an enhanced version of the popular crates map "Break Ownz at Crates" which people like to play with bases on, units 0, money 0, tech level 1, and of course crates on.

This one is named XS-Break Ownz These Crates?  And is designed to be played the same or any way you like.  England & Spain are replaced with GDI and Germany & Turkey are replaced with Nod.  Units have Sole Survivor stats except infantry are still crushable.  The Ore Truck and Mine Layers of very limited usefulness that people would get from crates are now Flame Tanks and Mobile Rocket Launchers.  Each player also starts with one missile launching gunboat as well as single use spy plane, custom paratroopers, chrono, and iron curtain.  Soviets get medium tanks (with sole stats) instead of heavy tanks.

This map requires C&C1 gfx in spawn1.mix automatically loaded by CnCNet.

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users