35 replies to this topic

#1 Ghostrider

Ghostrider

Sith Lord of Campaigns

• Project Team
  • 2,035 posts
  •  Phoenix Rising QA Lead; Manual Editor

Posted 07 June 2016 - 06:59 AM

After weeks and months of testing, and trying to figure out how to get the AI to react as a human does in a galactic environment, the PR team have finally achieved a significant AI breakthrough:

The AI now aggressively attacks independent planets, takes worlds, builds fleets, and stomps all over unwary humans if given half a chance. 

The AI equasions to do this have been in place do this for years, but for months the AI has lain dormant, effectively asleep. We have tried hundreds of different ideas to get the AI to activate - all to no effect. 

And how did we achieve this? 

The frustrating answer, familiar to most modders out there is simple. We changed 1 value in the XMLs, instead of increasing the value from 1.0 to 1.25 we should have decreased the value to 0.75. It just took 6 months of testing to realise that is what we needed to do!

WOW. Did the AI react or what?

It annihilated one of the testers in Core Worlds in under a quarter of the time taken for a human player to "WIN" Core Worlds if unopposed. 

Now that we know the AI is working, I have to go back and undo many of the campaign changes put in place that were an attempt to make the AI respond, but the mod is finally alive and kicking. We need to test and polish a bit more, but this makes us a lot closer to where we want to be. 

Ghost

#2 Aizen Teppa

Aizen Teppa
  • Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 07:51 AM

OK, I felt something is in the air. Visited regularly every day.

You say AI stomped da hummie. Good Waaagh! is not fun without stomping some Hummies. :D

Now seriously. It's good to know that Team is diligently working on the Project. I can only congratulate you.

#3 Guest_shatterlamp_*

Guest_shatterlamp_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 June 2016 - 10:07 PM

I recently learned about this mod and the units are magnifique as well as the intriguing changes to general gameplay I look forward to the operational release of the AI. Also; the accuracy of the units is quite impressive, but i'm sure you're all aware of that.

#4 vahian

vahian
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 11:20 PM

After weeks and months of testing, and trying to figure out how to get the AI to react as a human does in a galactic environment, the PR team have finally achieved a significant AI breakthrough:

The frustrating answer, familiar to most modders out there is simple. We changed 1 value in the XMLs, instead of increasing the value from 1.0 to 1.25 we should have decreased the value to 0.75. It just took 6 months of testing to realise that is what we needed to do!

Awesome that you have worked it out we done.

But that moment after figuring it out going from =) it works =| it cant be that simple =) at least its done =( omg all that time and testing  =\ I'm not sure how i feel about this  then finally to  \o/ this is awesome.

I feel for you..

#5 vahian

vahian
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 10:21 AM

So just a thought would this work for the current release? 0_0 

If so please give the details cause I'd love to play this version with the AI working as intended..

#6 Guest_Airmech_*

Guest_Airmech_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 June 2016 - 01:18 AM

All I can say is "Job well done!" You guys have made what was a half finished game into something worthy of being released today. I know your not finished with it but I am patiently waiting along with all your other loyal fans for the next release. Take your time, don't rush it and make what we all know it will be, the best mod ever created for a wonderful game. Thank you for all your hard work.

#7 Cloak And Dagger

Cloak And Dagger
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 04:55 PM

Great news. I hope that the AI can utilise the intriguing new population mechanics.

#8 Master Sayo

Master Sayo
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 02:17 PM

Finally! Good news about the mod Phoenix Rising 1.3. :smile2ap:

But now I play a new game: Total War: Warhammer!! :thumbsuphappy:

With the faction “Empire” and the emperor name is Karl Franz. A great game must I say. :smilehuh: 
From science fiction game to fantasy game. From Emperor Palpatine to Emperor Karl Franz.

Long live the Empire!!

Regards,

Master Sayo

#9 megabalta

megabalta

title available

• Project Team
  • 302 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 07:59 AM

Fantasy and scifi? Let their powers combine! Meet Warhammer 40k
https://youtu.be/At0srBYLg78?t=1666

#10 Master Sayo

Master Sayo
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 05:55 PM

Megabalta,

That’s right! It’s the new rts game of Warhammer 40k. But the Total War: Warhammer is more interesting for me. :smile2ap: 
Thanks for the reaction. :good: 

Long live the Empire!!

Regards,

Master Sayo

#11 Brashin

Brashin
  • Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 07:57 PM

SWEEEEEET

Hoping that means the next release is soon around the corner :)

#12 Guest_Ozdin_*

Guest_Ozdin_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 August 2016 - 01:40 AM

and we wait...

#13 Guest_InFeCtEdGuY_*

Guest_InFeCtEdGuY_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 August 2016 - 07:04 PM

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit, looking forward to the next majot release!

#14 Guest_superchunk_*

Guest_superchunk_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 September 2016 - 07:04 PM

We changed 1 value in the XMLs, instead of increasing the value from 1.0 to 1.25 we should have decreased the value to 0.75. 

It's odd that LucasArts set a single XML value to keep the AI asleep, and that the other values had very little effect on gameplay.  But this has been my experience all along.  Seems like whatever setting I change the AI just sits there while I plow them over.  Hey Ghostrider, what was the XML value you changed that made such a difference (from 1.0 to .75 )?  And did setting all the other values back to default make for a balanced gameplay?

#15 Druzzl

Druzzl
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 September 2016 - 02:03 AM

we always wait, but for work like the team is doing on Phoenix Rising, i'm totally willing to wait!!!

Keep up the great work guys, can't wait to showcase this on my youtube channel

#16 Guest_Airmech_*

Guest_Airmech_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 October 2016 - 12:51 AM

Druzzl, just wanted to let you know that your awesome lets play videos were my first taste of this magnificent mod. Your videos were an eye opener to what this mod (v1.1) was and I've been a diehard ever since.

PR gang, can't wait to see the next master piece. Hope all is well and see you in the galaxy!

#17 Guest_Mark_*

Guest_Mark_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 October 2016 - 12:48 PM

When the mod is finally ready, will you repost latest version on ModDB?

#18 Guest_Eraldoe_*

Guest_Eraldoe_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 November 2016 - 01:50 AM

Hey devs, just wanted to say you're fucking awesome and I am so happy my favourite mod still sees love to this day :)

Patiently awaiting the next patch or release :) 

:smile2ap: 

P.S. I'm going to look for a donation link on your site. If I don't find one, you should add one ;)
<3

#19 Guest_Dune_*

Guest_Dune_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 December 2016 - 01:45 PM

hey guys,

just wanted to ask how far you guys've come on the road to completion?

I am eagerly awaiting this mod and had actually hoped you'd have it finished by now^^

at least that was the picture I got out of it.

ok then.

wish you luck

#20 Guest_SH42913_*

Guest_SH42913_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 December 2016 - 08:51 PM

Duudes, can you upload 1.3 as New Year Gift? :3

Even test version, please

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users