#1 Madin

Madin

title available

• Hosted
  • 686 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 12:30 PM

Release 8 Trial #1

Blurb
The name 'Scavengers' was applied to the numerous groups who, while not part of the Nod military machine, were willing to do various acts against GDI (which included frequent attacks) ... for a price.
While their equipment was not up to the standards of Nod's main military, they easily matched Nod's 'Raider' squads, and in some cases surpassed them.
While these groups would typically be referred to as mercenaries, because of the much more localised, and mostly unprofessional nature of the Scavengers, and because they often operate within their gangs (often bike gangs), they are considered a sub-category of mercenary.
The fact that many of these groups refuse to identify themselves with Nod is actually of benefit to the brotherhood, as it means that there is plausible deniability of Scavenger activities against GDI. Nod often claimed that the Scavengers were 'grass-root' insurgents, all while providing them with weapons, ammunition, and cash!
Do not underestimate the Scavengers capabilities!

Info
AssaultBike_Info_02.jpg

The Scavenger support power will be a new reinforcement power that will be added to the Nod Air tower.
It cost $3000 and drops off 4 'Assault bikes'. Please note that this support power is the only way to get these units!

AssaultBike_Transport_01.jpg

The main feature of these trike's is the triple mortars at their rear, which provide excellent anti-infantry and anti-structure performance. A couple of small calibre machine guns are also attached on either side of the trike, in case any infantry get too close!

AssaultBike_MortarGunFir_03.jpg

AssaultBike_MortarGunFir_04.jpg

The Scavenger style is the same as Nod raiders, hit-and-run. Pick off weaker targets, and harass the opponent!

Trial info

The reason that this is being called a trial, is that I am unsure about the implementation of this unit. So I am literally trying it out to see if I like it. If I come up against any major issues during testing, I will remove this unit from Release 8's main roster and relegate it to a crate item (so you will still have a chance to try it out).

gallery_3_31_44832.jpg

There will be at least one more trial item, and it will cause controversy!

Edited by Madin, 08 September 2019 - 02:47 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users