#1 evilbobthebob

evilbobthebob

evilbobthemapper

• Project Team
  • 2,304 posts
  • Projects:Phoenix Rising Maps
  •  Phoenix Rising Mapping Lead

Posted 08 April 2018 - 03:16 PM

After the success of the demo, I have decided to move forward with a public beta phase, released via update to the Steam version of the demo. This will introduce the full set of galactic conquests that are currently work-in-progress. You should expect more bugs than the demo version, but also many more opportunities to try out new parts of the mod.

Known issues:

Missing text

Poor performance in some GCs

Missing CSA units

Unit filter buttons may sometimes display an incorrect state if pressed rapidly

Sandbox missions may show incorrect information

Changelog from demo:
Full GC set (Work in progress)

New filter buttons: click to hide different classes of space units/research

Updated tech trees for Rebels and Empire

Fixed some weapons not firing from muzzles correctly

Space colonies now correctly show up in battle results

Please report bugs here or on the Steam discussion page.

Phoenix Rising, head of mapping. Thanks to everyone who got us to the position below!
Posted Image

#2 Tropical Bob

Tropical Bob

title available

• Members
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 11 April 2018 - 12:12 AM

Oh my.

#3 evilbobthebob

evilbobthebob

evilbobthemapper

• Project Team
  • 2,304 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 01:25 AM

Now released on ModDB as a separate download: http://www.moddb.com...rising-v20-beta

Phoenix Rising, head of mapping. Thanks to everyone who got us to the position below!
Posted Image

#4 ashiruni

ashiruni
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 April 2018 - 03:42 PM

Not sure if it's a bug or not, but my camera in galaxy seems really, really close in. I'm going to look through my .xmls and see if I can find a view distance variable for that, but I figured I would mention it here. I'll edit this post with the variable if/when I find it. 

EDIT: Hmm.... after playing with the <Max_Galactic_Zoom_Distance> setting (default was set to 66) in GAMECONSTANTS.xml it seems like that setting is being ignored. Even creating a new game (to get around the settings being coded into the save files) the camera is locked to the default zoom. 

EDIT 2: Was able to fix it using <GMC_InitialPullbackDistance>. The default setting was 1200, I set mine for 3,000.

Edited by ashiruni, 21 April 2018 - 04:34 PM.

#5 evilbobthebob

evilbobthebob

evilbobthemapper

• Project Team
  • 2,304 posts

Posted 21 April 2018 - 08:56 PM

While that setting can help with larger GCs, any regions of close together planets will be very overlapped and difficult to move troops between.

Posted Image

#6 ashiruni

ashiruni
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 April 2018 - 05:50 PM

Yeah. I'm starting to notice that, but it's not really a choice for me. I need to be able to see the strategic level of things. I can, and often do, abandon entire sectors to solidify my position in the galaxy. I harden specific entry ways to my sectors with their entire military output and use those hardened concentrations to deal with all the incoming threats. Knowing where to turtle absolutely requires map-awareness on a scale that the much smaller view distance didn't allow. 

#7 Guest_Armisael_*

Guest_Armisael_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 April 2018 - 04:49 PM

Hi evilbob. Are you planning to role out a bug fix patch for the non Steam version sometime?

#8 evilbobthebob

evilbobthebob

evilbobthemapper

• Project Team
  • 2,304 posts

Posted 30 April 2018 - 06:24 PM

Yeah there should be a wrap-up patch for the ModDB version soon. It will become quite difficult to support it moving forward though, because that version will not be getting the save crash fixes the Steam version does. That means larger GCs may be impossible to support for non-Steam versions in the future.

Posted Image

#9 Guest_Fox83_*

Guest_Fox83_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 May 2018 - 09:44 PM

https://www.humblebu..._content=Banner

#10 Guest_Mogiwan_*

Guest_Mogiwan_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 July 2018 - 11:03 PM

Greetings - I downloaded the 2.0- Public Beta, however, just after the Phoenix Rising screen it shuts down.   I checked the files and it seems many are missing (for example XMLs).   So, I thought perhaps I needed to have V1.2 downloaded and then add the V2.0 to it...which I did, however, V1.2 is ALSO missing many files and the same shut down right after the Phoenix Rising screen occurs.  I have the GOG version.  Any suggestions or ideas or...?  Any info would be much appreciated.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users