Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 23 July 2010 - 06:02 PM

Hey all

With this news post I am now officially back on track with the mod. It's been over a year since last time I touched it, if I remember correct. I don't know if I'll be able to complete the mod before I again lose the motivation to get it done, but I do know that I will release another BETA with a finished Rohan faction, before I eventually stop. You can count on that.

Currently I don't feel like stopping though, and I've now finally gotten around to make stuff!
Some of you may already have noticed this before, but here goes again:

Posted Image Posted Image
As you can tell, this is the Rohan Royal Guards, with their captain Éoelm. During my last year I seemed to have lost alot of my web-templates, meaning the templates I used for the renders and stuff like that, so I've taken a new approach, which I find better, and you'll also be able to spot what's new and what's old.

I've also got an animation for the Royal Guards, which is what some of you might've seen before:
Posted Image

Lastly, in-game screenshots:
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

There's a couple of more screens here, check below the T4A Reborn mark. Bear in mind that from now on I won't add fancy markers for seperate dates, instead I'll just pile them up below the T4A Reborn marker, of course with a space so you can more easily see what's old and what's new.

So, in case you want to visit the site, please check out Rohan's section now, as there's a nice little detail there that wasn't there last time you checked. What's that, you ask? Well, if my calculations are correct, which they are, there's only one picture missing on there. Yeah, Rohan's only missing one hero and it's done! That doesn't mean there'll be another BETA out when he's done, as I'd like to get as much of Harad done as possible before that time comes..
That's all for this time, do stay tuned!

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#2 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  • Projects:RJ RotWK, Twilight of the Republic, HDLH
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 23 July 2010 - 06:24 PM

No way ;)

Wooo Lauri!

yodasig2.png
My political compass
There's a story that the grass is so green...what did I see? Where have I been?

#3 mike_

mike_

Student of Homer.

• Global Moderators
  • 4,323 posts
  • Projects:The Peloponnesian Wars Mod.
  •  There are no heroes, no villains - only decisions.
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator

Posted 23 July 2010 - 07:38 PM

Agreed, I'm happy to see you back in the swing of things ;)

#4 Spartan184

Spartan184

:)

• Project Team
  • 1,592 posts
  • Projects:Random Modding Projects
  •  Coder, Map.ini Coder, Mapper, and Beta Tester

Posted 23 July 2010 - 11:34 PM

Its about time ;)

safsignature.png

#5 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  • Projects:It'sa secreeet
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Expert
  • Donated

Posted 24 July 2010 - 02:46 AM

Very sharp. I myself have a bit of a pet peeve so to say about textures/models 'fitting' in with the game environment. If they look too over the top, or even too realistic (like photo realism...) they seem out of place in comparison to the rest of the units. I tend to turn my nose up.

These however, are done very well. And based off of the screenshots, they look perfect in game.

Very good job.

https://www.twitch.tv/vileartist - Yes shameless self-promotion

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Old modders never die, they just fade away" ~ Hostile

#6 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 24 July 2010 - 10:31 AM

Yeah, I had no intentions for them to look like Gods, but they just turned out that way...
I just wanted to get them done so I could finish up Rohan, but they turned out better than I expected..
Now I'm having trouble with making the King though.. ;)
Thanks though!

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users