Digz

title available

• Division Leaders
  • 1,070 posts
  • Projects:Petrolution
  • Division:Petrolution
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 15 May 2011 - 09:36 AM

Our good friends over at Empire at War Files recently interviewed z3r0x who is the leader of the development team for the Republic at War Mod, which is really making a name for itself in the EaW Community and is looking like an extremely promising mod.

Here's a snippet of the interview:

Enceladus: What motivated you to start working on a Clone Wars mod after the success of your initial addon mods? Why not just continue with the additions to the Galactic Civil War era? I personally would have absolutely loved to see more of the Vong after the small debut they made in your mod.

z3r0x:
Well there were some technical limitations that prohibited me from doing a proper vong mod. Sadly I didn’t want some half-baked kiddie mod. I wanted to do it right and I wanted to it my way. As a example of some of the limitations are the use of credits. The Vong would have no need for credits and since EAW has no resource gathering feature like AOK, or C&C it would seem silly to pay for ships if you play as the Vong. As for the Clone Wars it’s a kick butt era. I have been friends with the IA2 guys for ages and I guess I just got impatient waiting for their mod and decided to see if I could do my own version of it.

Posted Image

If you want to read the full interview head on over to EaWFiles.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users