Nertea

...lo sa raptor!

• Hosted
  • 3,349 posts
  • Projects:Star Villains and Space heroes, The Dwarf Holds
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:BFME/Unity

Posted 13 August 2011 - 05:14 PM

This week, the update will be showing off 4 more excellent maps, made by some of the very talented young mappers we have here at T3A.
Added to TDH's map list, we have Greenway, by Dunedain Ranger76. And making his mapping debut is Fudge, with his Linhir, Edhellond and Pinnath Gelin maps ^_^.

Posted Image

Greenway

The Greenway is an ancient Gondorian road that traverses Eriador. Beginning in Fornost, it leads southward towards Tharbad, where it joins the Old South Road.

Posted Image Posted Image

The map has a 1 vs 1 layout with camps, along with several outposts and settlements to wage skirmishes over. Dense forests and sparse ruins are the only features of the terrain, making ambush tactics and army distribution key to your battle strategy.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Above, uruk hai assault peasants attempting to control a settlement plot. Forces of Isengard rally for an impending attack, and a small group of Rohirrim are powerless against the arsenal of Saruman.

Posted Image

Linhir

Linhir lies at the junction of the River Gilrain and the River Serni, near to the Mouths of the Anduin. It is one of the major ports in Lebennin, one of Gondor's southern fiefdoms. During the War of the Ring, Linhir was attacked by the Corsairs, before it was relieved by Aragorn and the Grey Company, and the Army of the Dead.

A 3 player map with camps, an outpost and several settlements lie within the narrow chokepoints of the city, which is accessible from both sides of the map. A southern bridge also bypasses the main city route, allowing for various flanking options, and interesting free-for-all matches.

Khazad-uzbadul enter the dwarven outpost, whilst Dwarven archers make their way across the bridge below - before garrisoning in the ruined towers to help dwarven warriors crush an uruk raid. Meanwhile, Dain and his forces hold the city's pathways, preventing uruks from advancing over the bridge.

Posted Image

Edhellond

Edhellond is an ancient Elven harbour, located in southern Gondor, north of Dol Amroth. Built at the mouth of the Ringlo and Morthond Rivers, the last of the elven folk of Edhellond have long since sailed into the West.

The map has a 1 vs 1 castles layout, as well as two outposts and a few isolated settlement plots. A river separates the two players, which can be crossed by the shallow ford, or via the fortress stairs that lead towards the Elven fortress. An easily defendable layout of walls and stairways, the outpost within the fortress may prove a crucial strategic point to hold.

The Rohirrim lead a charge against forces of Mordor, whilst Haldir and the Galadhrim defend the bridge onto the ancient fortress walls. Lastly, an orc raid on an outpost is quickly quelled by the Rohan army, led by its valiant heroes.

Posted Image

Pinnath Gelin

Lastly is Pinnath Gelin, a region that lies in Gondor, between Anfalas and the White Mountains. Also known as the 'Green Hills', its lands are lush and fertile. Despite its sparse population, three hundred of its soldiers rallied to the aid of Minas Tirith during the War of the Ring, led by Hirluin the Fair.

A 3 player map with camps, there are many outposts and settlements for each player to capture and control. Some settlements lie amongst the narrow hillside trails, which also provide alternative flanking routes around the map edges. Several townships are scattered across the map, which is divided by a river, fordable in three different locations.

From the narrow mountain trails, Gondorian archers keep watch on a nearby outpost. Knights of Dol Amroth lead the charge against a Mordor camp, and orcs flee in terror from the Army of the Dead, straight into the vanguard of the Gondor army.

Posted Image

sig.png
I really don't do requests and my Arnor Soldier is not fit for BFME. Don't ask me for either.

#2 Spartan184

Spartan184

:)

• Project Team
  • 1,592 posts
  • Projects:Random Modding Projects
  •  Coder, Map.ini Coder, Mapper, and Beta Tester

Posted 13 August 2011 - 05:25 PM

Some very nice maps :thumbsupsmiley:

safsignature.png

#3 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 13 August 2011 - 05:28 PM

Wonderful maps indeed.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#4 {IP}Solstice

{IP}Solstice

The Relayer

• Project Team
  • 461 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 05:34 PM

They look great ,I can't wait to skirmish on them ^_^.
my political compass: http://www.political...-4.75&soc=-5.69
my website: http://future4.weebly.com/ (out of date)

#5 Fudge

Fudge

title available

• Project Team
  • 531 posts
  • Projects:Luckily AotR Mapping

Posted 13 August 2011 - 06:21 PM

Thanks Everyone :thumbsupsmiley:

I'd just like to say a big thank you to -Haldir- for all the help he has given me with all these maps :grin:

#6 Ganon

Ganon

What's this?

• Project Team
  • 967 posts
  • Projects:My Link Mod
  •  Code Scientist

Posted 13 August 2011 - 07:30 PM

These must have taken forever to make! :p

Edited by _Bender_, 13 August 2011 - 07:30 PM.

#7 Fudge

Fudge

title available

• Project Team
  • 531 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 07:58 PM

well Linhir took about a month, Edhellond took a week and Pinnath Gelin took just over a month. :)

#8 Yarrum

Yarrum

Kahuna

• Project Team
  • 461 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 10:06 PM

Everything looks nice but...why is Linhir in ruins? It was a pretty thriving city at the end of the Third Age.

KotW%20Left%20Morgul%20Banner.jpg
KotW Beta Tester
frodo_sam.jpg

#9 Fudge

Fudge

title available

• Project Team
  • 531 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 10:27 PM

well when I made Linhir it wasn't linhir it was mostly made out of imagination and it was named after I had completed it. :)

#10 Spartan184

Spartan184

:)

• Project Team
  • 1,592 posts
  • Projects:Random Modding Projects
  •  Coder, Map.ini Coder, Mapper, and Beta Tester

Posted 13 August 2011 - 10:54 PM

I really like Linhir. Looks so beautiful and well detailed :)

safsignature.png

#11 njm1983

njm1983

title available

• Project Team
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 01:14 AM

WOW! Thats some great looking maps. TDH is just so awesome. Cant wait to get to playing it when the new release comes!

#12 Guest_ACDC_*

Guest_ACDC_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 August 2011 - 02:55 AM

In the fifth picture for Linhir is that the old rhoavinon alliance dwarven speamen.
I don't remember them making it into TDH.

Brilliant maps can't wait. :thumbsupsmiley:

#13 _Haldir_

_Haldir_

Mapper

• Project Team
  • 1,203 posts
  • Projects:The Dwarf Holds, The Elven Alliance: Community Edition
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 14 August 2011 - 03:10 AM

Linhir was also Fudge's first ever attempt at mapping, so needless to say, this kid's got talent. It definitely makes my first mapping attempt laughable :p.

#14 Yarrum

Yarrum

Kahuna

• Project Team
  • 461 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 04:43 AM

Well, I think the map could stand to be renamed, but it's certainly beautiful, especially for a first map.

KotW Beta Tester
frodo_sam.jpg

#15 _Haldir_

_Haldir_

Mapper

• Project Team
  • 1,203 posts
  • Projects:The Dwarf Holds, The Elven Alliance: Community Edition
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 14 August 2011 - 08:37 AM

I'm open to suggestions if you can think of a better lore-fitting location. It would need to be somewhere with Gondorian/Numenorian type ruins, near to the ocean/river, and somewhat near to mountainous terrain.

The other alternatives i considered were Harlond or Forlond, but neither of them would be ruined either, and would likely have more elven-type structures than the objects the map currently uses. I figured Linhir would be okay, as there are enough non-ruined Gondor buildings to hypothetically imagine Linhir as a mixture of newer structures built amongst older ruined ones. Older buildings that perhaps were ruined during the Second or Third Age, during plagues, floods, the Kinstrife, or attacks from Harad, Mordor or Rhun.

#16 Fudge

Fudge

title available

• Project Team
  • 531 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 09:38 AM

I'd help with renaming it but I dont know much about places in middle earth :grin:

Thanks to everybody for all the positive feedback on the maps, It's nice to be able to hear people's opinions on them :thumbsupsmiley:

Edited by Fudge, 14 August 2011 - 09:40 AM.

#17 Ganon

Ganon

What's this?

• Project Team
  • 967 posts
  •  Code Scientist

Posted 14 August 2011 - 04:33 PM

I think Linhir is okay, using Haldir's logic.
I mean it's not impossible that there would be some ruins.
Time does that. :p

#18 Yarrum

Yarrum

Kahuna

• Project Team
  • 461 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 06:30 PM

Well, London is nearly two thousand years old and you don't see that in ruins.

KotW Beta Tester
frodo_sam.jpg

#19 Ganon

Ganon

What's this?

• Project Team
  • 967 posts
  •  Code Scientist

Posted 14 August 2011 - 06:55 PM

Well, London is the capital city of a civilization that's not on a constant decline, and under constant attack from Mordor. ;)

Plus, I didn't say it should be expected as a given, but rather that it's possible.

Edited by _Bender_, 14 August 2011 - 06:59 PM.

#20 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 14 August 2011 - 07:12 PM

Nitpicking again, Yarrum?

No fuel left for the pilgrims

0 user(s) are reading this topic