#1 Mig Eater

Mig Eater

5700 vxl files & counting...

• Undead
  • 5,833 posts
  • Projects:D-Day
  •  Teh workaholic

Posted 13 May 2013 - 01:54 PM

The United States Marine Corps are storming onto D-day's beaches to join the American side as a new sub-faction!

USMC.png

To play the new USMC sub-faction, simply start a game as America but after deploying your construction vehicle you'll be given the choice to  play as either the Army or the Marine Corps.  

usa_subfac.jpg

Picking the Army will give you access to the normal selection of units, which are predominantly from the European theater of WW2. Choosing to play as the Marine Corps however will let you use units from the Pacific theater, such as the LVT-4 transport, the LVT(A)-4 artillery & the LVTAA-X2 anti-air tank. They also use a different selection of aircraft from the army, instead using simpler & more robust planes like the TBD Devastator, F4F Wildcat & F6F Hellcat.     

screen39_s.jpg         

For more information on the units that the Marine Corps can build please see the unit list, which has been completely redone with a new look.  

unitlist.png

Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 OmegaBolt

OmegaBolt

Lost In The New Real

• Hosted
  • 6,273 posts
  • Projects:Red-Resurrection
  •  O'Bolt

Posted 13 May 2013 - 03:55 PM

Nice unit list page, pretty clear to read etc. I feel dizzy when scrolling down the page though.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#3 LEGO

LEGO

title available

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:19 AM

Oh Great! I love those Grumman cats!

Please also make campains for Midway and Guadalcanal.

However regarding to the unit list it seems strange to use F4U as a ground attack since mid war. It's essentially same role as F6F but more advanced in every aspect.

Also, may I suggest that, consider that Navy/Marine fighters are inherently more multi-role that Army fighters, you can give Marine fighters a limited but useful ground attack ability, make F4U a late war fighter, and use Devastater and SBD's late war brothers (I forget the name but there are some good ones for sure) as dedicated ground attack. Thus you give Marine sub faction more different gameplay and better close air support.

#4 Mig Eater

Mig Eater

5700 vxl files & counting...

• Undead
  • 5,833 posts
  • Projects:D-Day
  •  Teh workaholic

Posted 14 May 2013 - 09:36 AM

The F4U Corsair much like the P-47 Thunderbolt or Typhoon started as a fighter but ended up being used mainly in the ground attack role. I don't like the idea of giving fighter planes ground attack weapons, they would have to be given substantially weaker versions to balance them. Such weapons would be similar to the Kirov's bomb drop too, which would make fighter planes look even more out of place.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#5 LEGO

LEGO

title available

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:14 PM

I think they can have some ROT=1 AG rockets as they had in history, which don't look that out of place, and make the ROF or Reload being so long that you have to choose the target wisely.

It's up to you anyway, but I bet you agree with me that, even with the current Ares, because ground attacks cannot guard or "stand by" close to front line, it's very hard to manage a well coordinated air-land battle. I think it's good to give Marine some special advantage in Close Air Support rather than simplely give their AG plane better statistics.

Also don't forget Marine fighters are often slower that Army contemporary thus weaker, I'd rather you balance by give multi-role than make them tougher.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users