#1 mevitar

mevitar

REEEEEEEEEEEEE

• Hosted
  • 1,971 posts
  • Projects:Doom Desire
  •  (◉ _ ◉)

Posted 22 July 2014 - 03:05 PM

And again, over half of a year has passed since the last news update of Doom Desire. This time i worked solely on Vintarids, although everything took me much more time than i thought it would...

Some people always held the belief that an advanced civilisation can't be malevolant or stay in a permanent state of war, as otherwise it would destroy itself. "Our space brothers" were supposed to have left all wars behind them long time ago.
When they finally came, the truth ended up worse than nightmares created by Hollywood. Not only they seemed to deliberately torture and torment humans, but they were also proven to be impervious to gunfire, as if bullets went through them. Some even started to believe that the invasion is just a grand-scale illusion and everyone is just hallucinating.
Still, for all but the most delusional ones, it was very clear that humanity just became an endangered specie.

Vintarid Rethan Assimilator and Vintarid Kerzer Frayer
sml_201401_ret.png sml_201402_ker.png

Rethan: Hovering slightly above the terrain, Rethans sweep over the ground with their tentacles, absorbing energy from any living being that comes nearby. They are also capable of absorbing Crystalline.
Kerzer: Kerzer is the main ground infantry support unit for the Vintarids. Very durable for their appearance, they are still expendable and should be expected to see in large numbers.

Vintarid Dedara Retriever and Vintarid Cleaver
sml_201404_ded.png sml_201405_cle.png

Dedara: Ever since the Vintarids appeared, people in remote settlements started to disappear, never to be seen again. Few of those that remained told stories about trees that grew up during a night, only to disappear few days later, with whole families gone missing.
Cleaver: With the Vintarid assault came strange meteorites that either exploded inair, razing everything below, or fell to the ground where they grew a strange, tentacle-like appendage.

Vintarid Base Defenses
sml_201407_def.png

Retaking locations conquered by the aliens proved to be a task that only Essence is capable of, but even for them, it's not an easy one. Not only the aliens always seem to be aware of any incoming attack, they are also impossible to take by surprise. Any attempt to assault their position ends up with the attack force stopping to respond to orders, and either vanishing forever, or turning against their former allies.

There's also a video of them in action.

For the end, I decided to post some WIP civilian units, but untextured for now (just so you know how many of them are planned).
sml_201404_graygoo.png

Until next time.

Edited by mevitar, 28 July 2015 - 01:30 PM.

ded signature

(◉ ᗝ ◉)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users