Toggle shoutbox Revora Shoutbox

ATTENTION: Before using the Shoutbox, please take a moment to read the rules. Breaking Shoutbox rules will result in Shoutbox bans.
The Shoutbox is NOT for C&C:Online Support. Use the C&C:Online Support forums.
MattTheLegoman : (01 March 2015 - 10:56 AM) Whisky is perfectly fine for disinfecting grazes.
Mathijs : (01 March 2015 - 03:46 PM) Also for disinfecting problems!
Irenė Hawnetyne : (01 March 2015 - 10:52 PM) Out of interest, who's following the TV version of Game of Thrones here?
Pasidon : (01 March 2015 - 11:24 PM) I dunno why, but I am... regardless of it being one of the most boring shows I've ever experienced. No insult to season 1, which was extremely fantastic.
Lenwė : (02 March 2015 - 05:32 PM) Why was Revora down for a while yesterday?
Ridder Geel : (02 March 2015 - 05:33 PM) Technical stuff i suppose :D
Irenė Hawnetyne : (02 March 2015 - 07:10 PM) Boring? Really? Wow, I'm surprised you think that. Fair enough.
Pasidon : (02 March 2015 - 07:36 PM) It got very boring, after season 1. The entire basis of the show is hovering over the same places and issues, while 2-3 times per season, something pays off from all of the build up they do. But that's what 80-90% of the show is... build-up. And blunt nudity, swearing, and drinking are gimmicks that don't fulfill any intellectual component of the story, to which there are quite a few that are just rarely touched upon at this point. I can only be teased about White Walkers and dragon wars for so long... I'm getting bored waiting and getting sick of people almost doing stuff. And the characters just get more detestable without compromise, and all the characters I could stomach are just... dead. Unpredictable death stops being good writing when abused to the degree Game of Thrones has taken it. A good premise ruined by dull, repetitive nonsense.
Irenė Hawnetyne : (02 March 2015 - 07:59 PM) Admittedly the tits and bits are unnecessary, however the obsession with drinking I think is necessary. It makes sense that in such a violent world they need to cope with something like that. Unfortunately I do agree the bathos regarding 'beyond the Wall' and Dany's dragons is somewhat disappointing, but all the suspense and political tensions in King's Landing and (in the first series) the King in the North make it worth it. The blunt futility of life which it portrays I also appreciate, possibly because it's one of only a few shows that have done it that well, that they can invest such hope and such worry in characters that I feel genuine fear for them, and shock if they are suddenly snuffed out. After a number of episodes, I've been simply sitting there watching the credits, utterly stunned, and that is what makes GoT for me so good.
Irenė Hawnetyne : (02 March 2015 - 08:00 PM) Sorry for the wall of text, y'all.
Mathijs : (02 March 2015 - 08:33 PM) Tits and bits are realistic, and I never thought they were being used gratuitiously. People have sex (in various ways) and talk in between and during. Romantic encounters are important character development. Though they might distract some people from the plot/development that happens simultaneously, that wasn't the case for me. The graphic deaths and the uncompromising use of nudity are important and, in my opinion, well-utilized, tools to create the feel/atmosphere/setting. Not sorry for any walls of texts.
Mathijs : (02 March 2015 - 08:40 PM) So yes, besides a few weird plot points, I quite like GoT. Looking forward to April.
OmegaBolt : (02 March 2015 - 08:58 PM) I've never watched Game of Thrones and don't intend to start now but historically beer was a lot cleaner, safer and more readily available (away from fresh water supplies) than water so if there's a lot of drinking it makes sense. The only thing I've seen of it was a "dramatic" clip I got sent that was utterly boring dialogue segment that was like LOTR without the thematic importance.
OmegaBolt : (02 March 2015 - 08:58 PM) Yes! Three lines of text without even seeing the show.
Mathijs : (02 March 2015 - 08:59 PM) Well yeah a dialogue clip might be boring if you are unaware of seasons full of context. :p
OmegaBolt : (02 March 2015 - 09:02 PM) Shame there are no Swedes here that I'm aware of. They make two of my favourite ciders, and probably many more good ones that we don't get over here.
Pasidon : (02 March 2015 - 10:43 PM) I don't think GoT has any other beverages besides wine and horse pee.
MattTheLegoman : (03 March 2015 - 12:49 AM) I don't like the show. But the Risk-like board game was fantastic!!! None of the stuff I don't like but plenty of the stuff I do. =p I was holed up on the little island next to King's Landing the entire game, and sitting on the sword throne the entire game as the bitch-king. Got into an argument about the rules, about pledging support but treachery just before the conflict phase, but I won that, the rulebook begins with saying how fragile alliances should be and that backstabbing is a natural part of the game.
Pasidon : (03 March 2015 - 01:03 AM) You arguing, back-stabbing people, and using the naughty B word, are all things I can't imagine.
MattTheLegoman : (03 March 2015 - 01:54 AM) Sooo that game might not have been great for me. =p Actually I was about to get defeated in a naval siege, and [redacted] had pledged help to my enemy. Before the attack I successfully won him to my side with a special card that guaranteed victory if he sided with me. Everyone else called foul-play, but the "theme" of the game showed them otherwise. Was that a scene in GoT?

Toggle Revora Revora

Forum Stats Last Post Info

News

General Revora news will be posted here. We recommend that you read this and other news on our Front Page.

• 351 topics
  • 2,833 replies
Revora is 10 years old! - last post by Irenė Hawnetyne

Hosting and Support

1. Hosting

Does our our free hosting offer interest you? Do you have any questions or feedback regarding our network? This is where to go.

• 1,414 topics
  • 14,433 replies
Delete my account - last post by stetsongreen94

Toggle Community Community

Open Topic

1. Spam Factory,
  2. Current Events, Politics, Philosophy,
  3. User Blogs

Revora's off-topic board. Come introduce yourself!

• 4,484 topics
  • 124,890 replies
Grim Fandango Remaster Disa... - last post by Pasidon

Media Discussion

1. Art & Design

The forum for discussions about games, movies, books, music, tv, theatre and the likes.

• 1,430 topics
  • 18,401 replies
Awesome Music topic - last post by Pasidon

Tech Talk

1. Developers Corner

The place to discuss computers, computing-related tech, components etc. Looking to build a new PC? We can help.

• 1,511 topics
  • 11,864 replies
Laptop for gaming on C&C - last post by Pasidon

Toggle Network Network

C&C:Online

1. C&C:Online News,
  2. C&C:Online Discussion,
  3. C&C:Online Support,
  4. Member Management,
  5. Fair Play Reports,
  6. Community and Off-topic

The home of C&C:Online, our community-run Command & Conquer multiplayer service.

• 4,580 topics
  • 10,658 replies
can“t access c&c tw onl... - last post by Mathijs

C&C Guild

1. News and Discussion,
  2. Modding,
  3. Hosted Mods,
  4. Links

Revora's Central Hub for all things Command & Conquer.
[View Site]

• 9,729 topics
  • 142,569 replies
Hecthor Doomhammer Livestreams - last post by Hecthor Doomhammer

The 3rd Age

1. T3A Community,
  2. BFME Online,
  3. Hosted Mods,
  4. BFME Modding

The home of T3A:Online and the greatest BFME modding community on the web.
[View Site]

• 13,898 topics
  • 217,112 replies
A little bit of an idea - last post by Mathijs

Petrolution

1. Petrolution Forums,
  2. Games,
  3. Modding,
  4. Hosted Sites,
  5. Archived Mods

Gaming, editing and resources for Empire at War, Universe At War and other Petroglyph Games.
[View Site]

• 2,342 topics
  • 31,286 replies
Operating Costs - last post by megabalta

Warhammer40k: Dawn Of War

1. Adeptus Mechanicus,
  2. Black Templars Kaurava Crusade Mod Forum,
  3. Eldar Craftworlds Mod Forum,
  4. Dark Angels Mod Forum,
  5. Harlequins Mod Forum,
  6. HisRighteous Mod Forum,
  7. ThousandSons Mod Forum,
  8. UltraMarines Mod Forum,
  9. Wolf Lords Mod Forum,
  10. MISC,
  11. Chaos Mod Projects,
  12. Space Marine Mod Projects,
  13. DoWPro General Discussion,
  14. Necromunda,
  15. Space Marine Mod,
  16. Daemons Mod,
  17. KWE World Eaters Mod Forum,
  18. Orks Armageddon Mod Forum,
  19. Inquisition DaemonHunt for Soulstorm Mod Forum,
  20. Vostroyan Firstborn Mod Forum,
  21. Praetorians Mod Forum,
  22. Chaos Renegades Mod Forum

Mod Project and Advanced AI Resource Discussion for Relic’s Warhammer 40,000: Dawn Of War.

• 1,368 topics
  • 26,848 replies
Photo
  • Protected Forum
  • By thudo

Commandos HQ

1. Modding & Mods,
  2. Commandos Strike Force,
  3. Commandos 3,
  4. Commandos 2,
  5. Commandos BTCOD,
  6. Commandos BEL

The hub for games of the Commandos series.
[View Site]

• 271 topics
  • 2,430 replies
Commandos 2 Editor - How to? - last post by LWD5099

Unity Front

1. Projects,
  2. Developer Resources,
  3. General

Unity3d Discussion
A place to plan out testing games and share information and tutorials

• 110 topics
  • 935 replies
Naval Games, Naval RTS a la... - last post by MattTheLegoman

Minecraft

Minecraft editing and discussion

• 31 topics
  • 416 replies
Screenshots/Bug reports of... - last post by ArciaCoundDon

Guild Faction

1. Guild Faction General,
  2. Lord of the Rings Online Division,
  3. World of Warcraft Division

MMO Guild and Kinship hosting and general discussion.
Supported games: Lord of the Rings Online.

• 8 topics
  • 53 replies
NeoTokyo Guild - last post by duke_Qa

Other Hosted Projects

1. {IP} Clan,
  2. Project RAGE,
  3. Patrol Comics,
  4. Shee Labs,
  5. Destructivality,
  6. Byond,
  7. It Came From The Cave,
  8. Project Citizen,