29 replies to this topic

#1 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts
  • Projects:Remix Beta 1.0

Posted 06 July 2010 - 08:22 AM

Install the mod as normal directly into your ZH folder. You will have to hand point the installer to the folder as the reg keys are different.

Now, in My Computer...

Open your ZerHour folder.

Go to Data/Ini/

Rename the INIZH.Big to INIZH.Bak. Or just delete the file. ZH doesn't need it to run because there is a copy of INIZH.Big in the root folder.

The mod will work now.

If you have any questions about this post them here.

The next major release of the mod will correctly detect TFD and will install to it while also making a backup of the inizh.big automatically.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#2 Guest_nethrow_*

Guest_nethrow_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 July 2010 - 09:00 PM

Yea I did all of the things you said to do and it still comes up with the error message, i dunno what to do.

#3 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 06:40 AM

Yea I did all of the things you said to do and it still comes up with the error message, i dunno what to do.

I need to know a lot more about it. WHAT error message are you getting? Also, go to your "my documents" folder and get the crash log from the ZH folder and send a copy. This will tell me more about what's going on.

If you go to a mechanic and say "My car won't start" he won't be able to help you until you tell him more.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#4 Guest_desperate_remix_fan_*

Guest_desperate_remix_fan_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2010 - 04:38 PM

I recieve the same type of error message while trying to run the mod, In the crash document it has listed,

Reason Error parsing INI file 'Data\INI\Object\assaultgeneral.ini' (Line: 'Object Aslt_GLAInfantryRebel_core ')

hope this helps in finding the problem

P.S. Long Live Remix

#5 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 07:54 AM

OK,

You have an extra .big file in your game. First, make sure you have no other mods installed.

In your game folder you should have four !Remix_ .big files. Audio, Art, Data, INI. If you have any _Remix_ files delete them. The names are the same except for a _ instead of a ! at the beginning. They were changed for comparability reasons and on TFD the installer may have issues deleting the old ones.

Now, go to your ZeroHour/Data/INI/ folder and make sure you've deleted the INIZH.Big This folder should be empty.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#6 Guest_desperate_remix_fan_*

• Guests

Posted 10 July 2010 - 09:27 PM

This may sound annoying but I have no other mods installed and i also made sure there is no ini file in the origional zero hour folder data ini thing/place,

I continue to recieeve the old
Reason Error parsing INI file 'Data\INI\Object\assaultgeneral.ini' (Line: 'Object Aslt_GLAInfantryRebel_core ')

how ever, I have been able to run the game and the mod with the ini file ended with .bak onntly problem with that is
the ai does not work correctly (i am aware that not all teams have ai) also all descriptions for everything are absent.

hope my jiberish helps.

#7 Guest_desperate_remix_fan_*

• Guests

Posted 10 July 2010 - 09:31 PM

really sorry for the double post, but is the mod suppost to install itself inside its on folder in the zero hour directory ??????

#8 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 12:17 AM

really sorry for the double post, but is the mod suppost to install itself inside its on folder in the zero hour directory ??????

The .big files should be directly inside the ZeroHour folder. There is a RemixTools folder created to keep the backups made durring install, but with TFD this folder, and all the files, may be in the wrong places.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#9 Guest_desperate_remix_fan_*

• Guests

Posted 12 July 2010 - 02:35 AM

ahh that explains the folder problem ill try this all again with a fresh install...... see what happens

just a note most of my buddies are having a music issue where the mod runs fine buit no music plays at all.
kinda dampers the joyment of the big battles

#10 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 05:48 AM

just a note most of my buddies are having a music issue where the mod runs fine buit no music plays at all.
kinda dampers the joyment of the big battles

Are they using Win7? I've had a few other people mention the same. I don't use music at all myself, old ZH music was getting under my skin, but I didn't disable it in the mod or anything. If any of your friends ARE getting music it's probably just a Win7 compatibility issue.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#11 Guest_desperate_remix_fan_*

• Guests

Posted 12 July 2010 - 07:41 PM

Well i know that I am using vista :p soo music no play :blink:

I DID finally get the mod to work i guess it was the whole folder in the folder probem Thanks you for that

This mod kicks #$@

by the way
but most of my buddies have xp and they dont get any music either

Long Live Remix

#12 SYCSPY

SYCSPY
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 07:17 PM

Hi, i am so glad that we have released the 7.25 version but i am having the same program install this mod on the First Decade version of the game.

I followed the instruction and copied the .big file from the \Remix Escalation\ folder to the root folder where my zh is installed.Then I renamed them(replace the ! with _). I could get in the game but i have tons of missing tool tips and no ai seems to work.

Any tips?

#13 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 07:35 PM

Did you rename Generals.csf.mod to Generals.csf and move it to the English folder? If it didn't say .mod then you have to turn off "hide known file extensions" and then rename it.

Did you delete the extra INIZH.big from your data/ini folder?

what language is your ZH version?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#14 SYCSPY

SYCSPY
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 12:39 AM

Did you rename Generals.csf.mod to Generals.csf and move it to the English folder? If it didn't say .mod then you have to turn off "hide known file extensions" and then rename it.

Did you delete the extra INIZH.big from your data/ini folder?

what language is your ZH version?

My game is in English.
Thanks for your help, i placed the .csf file in the English folder and now I get the missing tooltips back.

#15 compilations of ?'s

compilations of ?'s
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 10:11 PM

sorry but there is no General.csf.mod file in mine. all i found was a movie file

Edited by compilations of ?'s, 27 July 2010 - 10:12 PM.

#16 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 06:34 AM

If it didn't say .mod then you have to turn off "hide known file extensions" and then rename it.

sorry but there is no General.csf.mod file in mine. all i found was a movie file

Notice the detail in the line above... try this. it's a .mod file, (I didn't know this until I saw someone else's system) but .mod is also used by certain movie players. Just turn off "Hide known file extensions" and you will see the .mod on the name and can change it.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#17 teerataat

teerataat
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 09:56 AM

sorry but
here are some stupid question.
how do I turn off Hide known file extensions?
my tooltips is missing too plz help :p

#18 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 08:15 PM

you have "hide known extensions" turned on... worst feature ever, and it's on by default. Do this:

Open my computer

Tap ALT-T one time, this will open your drop down tools.

Tap O, this will open the options.

click on the VIEW tab.

Uncheck "Hide Extensions for known file types"

click OK and now look in the folder. you'll see the proper file extensions now and can change the extension the same way you rename a file.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#19 Guest_Guest Zeroagent_*

Guest_Guest Zeroagent_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 August 2010 - 08:26 PM

Hey I just wanted to say I had some problems installing it on First Decade as well (I have XP). It said serious error when I tried to run it, but I finally figured it out. When I installed it into the Zero Hour folder, it had a separate folder called Remix Escalation. I just copied everything in that folder back to the Zero Hour folder, renamed the INIZH.big file like you said, renamed the Generals.csf.mod file and moved it to the English folder, and now it works.

A lot of steps and a few trial and errors, but I finally got it working. Thanks again for this great mod! I really hope to see it finished one day.

#20 teerataat

teerataat
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 01:28 PM

thanks bro your mod is the best!
keep up the good work!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users