IthronAiwendil

Retired modder

• Hosted
  • 1,452 posts
  • Projects:None
  •  Coder, skinner, modeler, art guy

Posted 11 November 2007 - 09:14 PM

Posted Image

The long awaited Dorwinion faction is finally playable for everyone! Now all non-beta testers can download the latest Beta, which inlcudes the new Dorwinion faction, new units and heroes for all the evil factions and more! Changes are listed in the Readme file of the download.

Click the link below to start downloading:

DOWNLOAD LINK

The beta only works with Patch 2.01 of Rise of the Witch-king. None of the bugs that were reported by the testers have been fixed for this version, but it's worth playing anyway :blush:

Downloading instructions are included in the download. If you have any questions, post them here.

Bugs and Screenshots may also be posted in this thread :rolleyes:

Have fun playing, and give feedback!

#2 lycan

lycan

title available

• Banned
  • 553 posts
  • Projects:HP Mod
  •  Im just a guy around these forums

Posted 11 November 2007 - 09:19 PM

about time :rolleyes:

it was a fantastic modification and im sure one of the best mods ever

#3 Eonwe

Eonwe

title available

• Project Team
  • 534 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 11:42 PM

Wow I thought I had to wait two weeks more. Congrats Ithron, and team.

#4 Guest_justarius_*

Guest_justarius_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 November 2007 - 08:45 PM

Wow I thought I had to wait two weeks more. Congrats Ithron, and team.

I like the mod but it crashes after some time. Would there be a conflict if I have other mods installed/ in the same hidden folder?

#5 lacrossman930

lacrossman930

Lacrosse is the gift of God! 0-----]::::::::::::>

• Project Team
  • 257 posts
  • Projects:Wars of the East mapper/ Istari Productions mapper/Realm Forger/Inheritence mod mapper
  •  Mapper,map.ini,modeling,leaning skinning

Posted 15 November 2007 - 11:23 PM

why is your folder hidden? and im runnig 3 mods right now 2 for rotwk 1 for bfme2. so i dont think thatsthe problem. Also great job on the new faction! its preety sweet :closedeyes:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#6 Eonwe

Eonwe

title available

• Project Team
  • 534 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 02:11 AM

The game is great! I wish I could play someone on the netwrok. Dorwinion is my favorite faction. Great job.

#7 Guest_justarius_*

Guest_justarius_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 November 2007 - 04:47 AM

why is your folder hidden? and im runnig 3 mods right now 2 for rotwk 1 for bfme2. so i dont think thatsthe problem. Also great job on the new faction! its preety sweet :closedeyes:

I've heard that some mods won't work correctly if there are other mods installed as well. I really dig this one but it just up and shuts off on me after i finish a battle. Anyone have any ideas why that would be?

#8 IthronAiwendil

IthronAiwendil

Retired modder

• Hosted
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 01:25 PM

How does it crash? Does it exit the game and give an error message or does your computer freeze completely? Maybe moving other mod files from your Application Data might help...

#9 lacrossman930

lacrossman930

• Project Team
  • 257 posts
  • Projects:Wars of the East mapper/ Istari Productions mapper/Realm Forger/Inheritence mod mapper

Posted 16 November 2007 - 09:00 PM

What other mods are you playing? OHHHH are you playing on the games 2.01 patch?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#10 Lord_Denethor

Lord_Denethor
  • Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 10:03 PM

im playing with some other mods but they should interfere since their in the Rise of the Witch King files folder. But the game has a lot of game.dat errors especially after winning a WoTR match. it will close. Another issue is that the game will freeze and no game dat error will happen at all. Usually when i click somewhere on the map where a big battle is taking place, it will just freeze from lag.permanently.
"Hail Denethor, Son of Ecthelion, Lord and Steward of Gondor!"-Gandalf the White

"The Rule of Gondor is mine, and no others!!" -Denethor II, Lord and Steward of Gondor

#11 Guest_screechingshadowdemon_*

Guest_screechingshadowdemon_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 November 2007 - 05:57 AM

im playing with some other mods but they should interfere since their in the Rise of the Witch King files folder. But the game has a lot of game.dat errors especially after winning a WoTR match. it will close. Another issue is that the game will freeze and no game dat error will happen at all. Usually when i click somewhere on the map where a big battle is taking place, it will just freeze from lag.permanently.

the game crashes to the desktop to me as well but with no error box or anything after winning a wotr real-time battle. and anybody notice a bug with the tower guards where they're literally invisible? Only when you can click them is drag a box over them. (when i did this, i had them near my fortress and had banners researched.) and it seems mordor doesnt have fire arrows to research. and spiderlings cant get equipped with venom sacs after researching it at the spider pit. i also found that after researching the armor upgrade for the evil men fortress, i cant research the upgrade after to recruit a were-worm.

#12 lord of darkness

lord of darkness
  • New Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 08:00 PM

your mod is the best of all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#13 zachdaddy_3000

zachdaddy_3000

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!

• Project Team
  • 580 posts
  • Projects:Nazgul's BFMEII: Special Extended Edition

Posted 12 December 2007 - 02:40 AM

I am a recent downloader of your Dorwinion Beta, but for some reason, I can't see any Dorwinion units, and when they "attack" I just get random blue splashes on the screen. Also, do I need to have previous versions of this mod downloaded as well? Hope to be able to play much more in the near future!
Do not come between a Zach and his........Zach?

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#14 lacrossman930

lacrossman930

• Project Team
  • 257 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 02:46 AM

No to your quetion about having earlyer versions of the mod as to your problem I have no idea what it colud be
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#15 IthronAiwendil

IthronAiwendil

Retired modder

• Hosted
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 01:34 PM

It seems like you've got an asset.dat error... Could you tell how you downloaded the mod?

#16 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 December 2007 - 07:38 PM

There is still somesort of error in INI fail.....

#17 lycan

lycan

title available

• Banned
  • 553 posts
  • Projects:HP Mod
  •  Im just a guy around these forums

Posted 12 December 2007 - 08:55 PM

Well wrong patch go away jk.

im going to start a support topic

#18 F.A.T.E.

F.A.T.E.
  • Members
  • 36 posts
  •  Wars of the East , Four Ages , Age of Numenor , Rhovanion Alliance and Neon Genesis Evangelion fan

Posted 14 January 2008 - 07:15 PM

When it freezes on my comp , i always go to desktop and then back into game , it ends without scream :p

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users