#1 Juissi

Juissi

AWESOM-O

• Hosted
  • 1,555 posts
  • Projects:Last Alliance modification, The Hobbit mod
  •  Forger Of (Last) Alliance

Posted 05 May 2006 - 08:45 PM

How could I make ents invisible when they are standing near trees? Does anyone have the answer. I would wanna add this feature to my mod.

#2 Solinx

Solinx

• Undead
  • 3,101 posts
  • Projects:Real Life
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Retired Leader / Manager

Posted 05 May 2006 - 08:51 PM

How could I make ents invisible when they are standing near trees? Does anyone have the answer. I would wanna add this feature to my mod.

This concerns adding an invisiblilityUpdate module. Give me a min to check out the correct one.

Edit:
	Behavior = InvisibilityUpdate ModuleTag_ElvenCamouflage
		InvisibilityNugget
			InvisibilityType	= CAMOUFLAGE
			DetectionRange		= CAMOUFLAGE_RADIUS
			ForbiddenConditions	= AWAY_FROM_TREES MOVING FIRING_ANY
		End
		UpdatePeriod			= 2000
		StartsActive			= Yes
	End
Add this code to the ent objects in data\ini\Object\goodfaction\units\ents\entsinfantry.ini

And if you want Treebeard to have the feat to, add it to his object as well. (treeberd.ini, in the same folder)

Solinx

Edited by Solinx, 05 May 2006 - 08:58 PM.

Posted Image

"An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

#3 Artifice

Artifice

title available

• Members
  • 382 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 09:09 PM

You could have looked in any units ini that has the stealth behavior.

#4 Solinx

Solinx

• Undead
  • 3,101 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 09:13 PM

You could have looked in any units ini that has the stealth behavior.

Not in any. There are differences in the conditions. Some units/hero's have stealth abilities that work at other circumstances. Like the Wild Walk ability of thranduil for example.

Solinx

Edited by Solinx, 05 May 2006 - 09:14 PM.

Posted Image

"An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

#5 Juissi

Juissi

AWESOM-O

• Hosted
  • 1,555 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 09:26 PM

This concerns adding an invisiblilityUpdate module. Give me a min to check out the correct one.

Edit:
		InvisibilityNugget
		End
		UpdatePeriod			= 2000
		StartsActive			= Yes
	End
Add this code to the ent objects in data\ini\Object\goodfaction\units\ents\entsinfantry.ini

And if you want Treebeard to have the feat to, add it to his object as well. (treeberd.ini, in the same folder)

Solinx

Thanks now my mod will be little bit better thanks to you Solinx.

#6 CrazyMoose

CrazyMoose
  • Members
  • 127 posts
  • Projects:Taralomian assault

Posted 07 May 2006 - 07:16 PM

Have you ever thought of instead of turning them into trees, make them trees when you press a button, so basically you press a button and they will stay still until attacked or you give them a command and the enemy wont be able to distinguish between them and trees.

I was just thinking it would be funny if the enemy builds a lumber camp nearby and the orc labours try to chop it down and they all get trampled on.

Edited by CrazyMoose, 07 May 2006 - 07:18 PM.

Taralomian assault Moddeler and Coder

#7 Solinx

Solinx

• Undead
  • 3,101 posts

Posted 07 May 2006 - 08:28 PM

Have you ever thought of instead of turning them into trees, make them trees when you press a button, so basically you press a button and they will stay still until attacked or you give them a command and the enemy wont be able to distinguish between them and trees.

I was just thinking it would be funny if the enemy builds a lumber camp nearby and the orc labours try to chop it down and they all get trampled on.

Don't know about Juissi, but I certainly have, remembering such a feat from the mirage tanks (Red Alert 2)
Maybe I will give it a try.

Solinx
Posted Image

#8 Kelso

Kelso

BFME Admin

• Project Team
  • 1,467 posts
  • Projects:Rise of Rome, Rise of Rome 2
  •  AWD and T3A Team Chamber Leader
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:Designer: Rise of Rome 1 and 2

Posted 08 May 2006 - 04:02 AM

Would be pretty easy to do via mount/dismount code. Nice idea.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#9 Juissi

Juissi

AWESOM-O

• Hosted
  • 1,555 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 07:23 AM

Hmm I may give it a try some time but Im not sure can I do it but thanks for the idea.

#10 chocolate

chocolate
  • Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 09:26 AM

Edit:
		InvisibilityNugget
		End
		UpdatePeriod			= 2000
		StartsActive			= Yes
	End

Solinx

Can this apply for any unit? For instance, would it work on Men of Dale?

#11 Juissi

Juissi

AWESOM-O

• Hosted
  • 1,555 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 09:29 AM

Yes I think that it would because it is just the code which makes units visible when they are near trees. But Im not sure about this part "ElvenCamouflage". If I give it example to Orc should that word Elven be changed to something like morder or something.

#12 Solinx

Solinx

• Undead
  • 3,101 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 05:07 PM

Yes I think that it would because it is just the code which makes units visible when they are near trees. But Im not sure about this part "ElvenCamouflage". If I give it example to Orc should that word Elven be changed to something like morder or something.

It can be used for any unit, on one condition.
The object musn't have a module with the same tag (ModuleTag_ElvenCamouflage) Since I got this code from an include file, any object with
#include "..\..\..\includes\DefaultInvisibilityUpdate.inc"
already has this module. Adding it to these objects would be useless anyway, since they already have the exact same ability and it will produce an error besides that.

Solinx
Posted Image

#13 Bart

Bart

• Network Admins
  • 8,524 posts
  • Job:Network Leader

Posted 08 May 2006 - 09:11 PM

for the record: moduletags don't really do much, they're just names. the only use i can think of is to identify modules in the engine and when making childobjects (that remove or change modules)
bartvh | Join me, make your signature small!
Einstein: "We can’t solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users