Photo

Possible civil war in Palestine?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Hostile

Hostile

Benefitting Humanity Simply by Showing Up!

• Veterans
  • 9,551 posts
  •  T3A Founder
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Global Administrator
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 18 May 2006 - 07:55 AM

http://edition.cnn.c...ians/index.html

The Fatah and Hamas are gearing up for a showdown. The Fatah are claiming they control the armed forces while Hamas has a show of force today.

It appears to me like an "anarchy" moment that many nations face. Not unlike the US election in 2000 and 2004. But it is also troubling in the fact that will Israel exploit this moment of weakness?

Israel has nothing to lose and eveything to gain. In the past Fatah was no better than Hamas. Except Fatah finally denounced terrorism.

But wasn't it Israel who supported Hamas in it's infantacy?

The irony is absolutley staggering... (Kal will shoot me now :cool: )

#2 wilmet

wilmet

muscles from brussels ?

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 08:03 AM

premature to say it will turn into a civil war. both sides are just beating their chests, it's all about saving face over there.
apologising to the world on behalf of my country for the existence of Brussel sprouts and Jean Claude Vandame

"I'm not retreating, I'm just fighting in another direction" (anonymous US corporal, Korea)

work is sacred...so don't go near it.

#3 Az3r^

Az3r^

Resident Fan Boy/Tester

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Nothing Atm .
  •  Oldbie Slacker since August 03

Posted 18 May 2006 - 01:23 PM

hmm true, but both being extremist groups there both unpredictable. thus maybe in the near future causing a civil war.
Quotes :
Paradox @ Ali - "And what the fuck would you know? Ever been? Oh no, sorry, your map says 'HERE BE DRAGONS' anywhere outside of your rock"

#4 Komataguri

Komataguri

¯\(º_o)/¯

• Banned
  • 974 posts
  • Projects:Tiberium Productions
  •  Reverend K-Rist, Sheppard of the mindless masses and tender to the flock of idiocy.

Posted 18 May 2006 - 05:59 PM

I wish Hamas and Fatah would bind together long enough to eradicate Israel.

It dosn't fucking belong there, and the only ones who don't fucking see that are the assholes sitting there like they are gods of all creation claiming it is theirs

Posted Image

Posted Image

#5 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 18 May 2006 - 06:23 PM

Uh, they've lived there for years. They have no more claim to the land than the USA has to America, than the English have to England's land.

I wish they'd just get the fuck on with it. Winner takes all. If nothing else, it saves Emperor Bush half a job.

#6 Komataguri

Komataguri

¯\(º_o)/¯

• Banned
  • 974 posts
  •  Reverend K-Rist, Sheppard of the mindless masses and tender to the flock of idiocy.

Posted 18 May 2006 - 07:23 PM

Uh, they've lived there for years. They have no more claim to the land than the USA has to America, than the English have to England's land.

I wish they'd just get the fuck on with it. Winner takes all. If nothing else, it saves Emperor Bush half a job.

They were there a hellfuck longer than the god damn Israelis.

They've only had that land for what...60 years?

Only because no one wanted to deal with the guilt of taking in all the holocaust Jews, So they stole the land from palestine and created Israel.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#7 MSpencer

MSpencer

Think Tank... Legend?

• Hosted
  • 4,120 posts
  • Projects:Admin @ Meaaov Gaming, university studies, ugh... research. GNP's Flagship of the Left.
  •  Angry, angry bastard.

Posted 18 May 2006 - 07:35 PM

The Jews were there before the Romans... think back even to Babylonian times. They were kicked out by Roman cruelty, then they were hounded, almost destroyed about twelve times, and discriminated against...
Posted Image
My Favorite Website.My UniversityAnd... Mein Kampf?
C. elegans for President

#8 Komataguri

Komataguri

¯\(º_o)/¯

• Banned
  • 974 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 07:40 PM

The Jews were there before the Romans... think back even to Babylonian times. They were kicked out by Roman cruelty, then they were hounded, almost destroyed about twelve times, and discriminated against...

So what.

Now they have nukes and its time for divine retribution?

Fuck that.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#9 MSpencer

MSpencer

Think Tank... Legend?

• Hosted
  • 4,120 posts
  • Projects:Admin @ Meaaov Gaming, university studies, ugh... research. GNP's Flagship of the Left.
  •  Angry, angry bastard.

Posted 18 May 2006 - 07:49 PM

Nuclear weapons have nothing to do with it. You're suggesting kicking millions of people out of a country they've owned legally for 60 years, and have had a legitimate territorial claim for 3000 years. Only the Phoenicians could top that, but they're all dead.
Posted Image
C. elegans for President

#10 Komataguri

Komataguri

¯\(º_o)/¯

• Banned
  • 974 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 07:54 PM

Nuclear weapons have nothing to do with it. You're suggesting kicking millions of people out of a country they've owned legally for 60 years, and have had a legitimate territorial claim for 3000 years. Only the Phoenicians could top that, but they're all dead.

Thats like saying I stole a hundred million dollars, and that after 60 years that it legally becomes mine.

It dosn't

theft then is still theft today.

if they had claim to the land, they would have had a nation there that had been there just as long or as longer as Palistine.

Which they didn't.

THey didn't just occupy some abandond island and declare it sovreign, Land was STOLEN from Palestine and given to the jewish state.

And nuclear capability plays a big part in this, because we have assholes who has atleast [ and that is a very, very conservitive estimate ] 100 nuclear weapons.

Israel is just as big if not bigger nuclear threat than Iran, and we KNOW Israel has nukes. We don't know what Irans nuclear intentions are, peaceful or weaponized.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#11 MSpencer

MSpencer

Think Tank... Legend?

• Hosted
  • 4,120 posts
  •  Angry, angry bastard.

Posted 18 May 2006 - 07:56 PM

How did they steal the land? You're pretty well misinformed, maybe you should go back to elementary school, or read up on the subject.
Britain legally owned Palestine, they then created the country of Israel from their legally owned territory. Explain to me how that is illegal.
Posted Image
C. elegans for President

#12 Komataguri

Komataguri

¯\(º_o)/¯

• Banned
  • 974 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 08:03 PM

How did they steal the land? You're pretty well misinformed, maybe you should go back to elementary school, or read up on the subject.
Britain legally owned Palestine, they then created the country of Israel from their legally owned territory. Explain to me how that is illegal.

Whatever you want to think, Bud.

I guess the Palistinians are just upset because the Israelis have better cars than them. Thats obviously the problem then since obviously nothing else is the source of the problem.

:)

Posted Image

Posted Image

#13 Comrade Kal

Comrade Kal

Blur are better than Oasis

• Members
  • 2,491 posts
  • Projects:The revolution
  •  Terrorist

Posted 18 May 2006 - 08:05 PM

Britain LEGALLY owned Palestine? I don't know who they legally owned it according to, but I suppose it was the law the British had that said "Any Englishman has a god-given right to invade another country and commit genocide on a population and/or steal vast portions of land."
Posted Image

"To be governed is tragic, to govern is pathetic."

#14 Komataguri

Komataguri

¯\(º_o)/¯

• Banned
  • 974 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 08:13 PM

Britain LEGALLY owned Palestine? I don't know who they legally owned it according to, but I suppose it was the law the British had that said "Any Englishman has a god-given right to invade another country and commit genocide on a population and/or steal vast portions of land."

Despite our differences, Kal.

We should really try to get along, Since we seem to have strong opinions, and those opinions are often the same.

I suppose they are the same since we are the few who can see past the indoctrination of public school systems and patriotic archtypisms to see the world for what it truly is.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#15 Comrade Kal

Comrade Kal

• Members
  • 2,491 posts
  •  Terrorist

Posted 18 May 2006 - 08:15 PM

Hm, you seem well-informed on some things but do bear in mind that i'm an anarchist and a lot of times you seem very establishment-orientated...

Add me to MSN then. callumth@hotmail.com
Posted Image

#16 Komataguri

Komataguri

¯\(º_o)/¯

• Banned
  • 974 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 08:19 PM

Hm, you seem well-informed on some things but do bear in mind that i'm an anarchist and a lot of times you seem very establishment-orientated...

Add me to MSN then. callumth@hotmail.com

I don't cling to any one side of the fence, My opinions are my own, and sometimes I will swing from extreme rightwing to extreme leftwing depending on the discussion and the segment of the discussion.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#17 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 09:41 PM

To be honest, the very idea of territorial and national claim to land appears stupid to me. But why didn't Palestine invade/do something sooner than it has done, if it objects to the existence of Israel that much?

The land was not stolen by the Israelis. It was given TO the Israelis. If anyone at all stole it, it would've been the UK and the United States. However, I'm assuming that no military force was used to annex the land...it was given over peaceably, therefore the entire justification for your argument is effectively destroyed.

#18 Comrade Kal

Comrade Kal

• Members
  • 2,491 posts
  •  Terrorist

Posted 18 May 2006 - 09:48 PM

Even if it was given over peacefully, it was probably done so on the assumption that the people who lived there wouldn't be driven out and the land handed over to Jews.
Posted Image

#19 Komataguri

Komataguri

¯\(º_o)/¯

• Banned
  • 974 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 11:03 PM

Even if it was given over peacefully, it was probably done so on the assumption that the people who lived there wouldn't be driven out and the land handed over to Jews.

Exactly.

The jews are not even happy with what they have, and they want to expand their borders.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#20 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 10:53 AM

That, I'll agree, is wrong and unfair...and the fact that the Gaza is being turfwar'd over...best bet would be to make that a nation in its own right. 'I don't have it, you don't have it', but either way, let the Palestinians do what they bloody want to eachother...Israel's policies should be changed, but that doesn't give Palestine a right to war, either.

In fact, no country ever has a right to war, but what Israel does inside its own borders is, short of out-and-out genocide, its own business...Palestine isn't helping by carbombing Israel.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users