Script - (multimedia) Play A Speech

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Pete_*

Guest_Pete_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 June 2004 - 06:46 PM

I am not able at the time to preview the different taunts and such that are available in the speech files. Do you guys know if there is a listing of the speech files or some player i need to use in order to listen to them?

I tried the preview key that is on the script, it just gives me a windows biiiiing sound hehe. The speeches will play fine when scripted in but i dont want to have to sort through fifty million speeches to find the ones i want, or start and stop CnC a zeeelyun times to listen to each of them and catalog them ;)

Thanks for any help

hehe man im havin a great time rewriting all the scripts.

Pete

#2 Mithril

Mithril

• Hosted
  • 1,386 posts
  • Projects:Heh! You're not going to ask me that question.

Posted 22 June 2004 - 07:53 PM

Yes another screw that EA did not care to tighten. Just as the "Import" button in the build list tool!

Anyway, look in the AudioEnglish.big or AudioEnglishZH.big for ZH.. you need a .big extractor, this thread contains the link to it.
Command & Conquer: Red Alert - ReGeneration

"Not the faintest clue =\"

-ComradeJ

#3 Guest_Pete_*

Guest_Pete_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 June 2004 - 08:34 PM

Once again thanks a million Mithril ;)

If i ever see you i will have to buy ya a drink of whatever you drink :p

HEHE im havin fun now - in not only writing scripts that can beat my buddies that are playtesting it for me,, but now im gonna add the taunts from the generals challenge heheheheheheh

Thanks man

Pete

#4 Mithril

Mithril

• Hosted
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 23 June 2004 - 08:05 AM

Heh no problem, Old Man or Pete, or Old Man Pete? The SDI is there to help.

Your AI sounds very effective already! Did you finish writing all those superweapon detection scripts? They went into the thousands didn't they..

-ComradeJ

#5 Guest_Pete_*

Guest_Pete_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 June 2004 - 06:03 PM

>"Your AI sounds very effective already! Did you finish writing all those >superweapon detection scripts? They went into the thousands didn't they.. "

The AI is coming along :)

Being a noob i still have a lot to learn about how things work in the software. But, this is something i always wanted to do so i figured why not start now :)

Yeah the Superweapon scripts are at about 4000 per general. I have it detect who its enemy is, then it detects what that enemy has built, and then it targets and fires on the enemy based on what it finds. It works great hehe my buddies were so used to a predictable AI superweapon it threw them for a loop.

I also added AA teams and anti tank teams. they upgrade fine and hunt accordingly.

BUT
I dont really like what is available to build the base defenses. I.e. using the script build "blah" on front or flank. So i started toying with other functions to build the base defenses the way i like them. I found a way to do it but its gonna take re-writing the whole Build conditions scripting.

I have written in scripts so the AIs will go for tech and man buildings in strategic spots more aggressively. (lol rocketguys , in buildings , in the center, quickly, are a fun surprise to watch my buddies run in to )

So FAR. everything has been done with scripting. I would love to add a second air field to the build list of some of the armies - most specifically china armies - but i have not dallied with the INIs yet. I have however added a few juicy taunts from the tank general in generals challenge to the game :lol: that guy is fun.

oh yeah, i toyed around with upgrading helix's with bunkers and loading them with rocketguys. have not got all the bugs worked out of that one yet :) but the helix hunting teams work great,, and these teams take the bite out of the USA autolockingrocketwieldingpunksfromhell ^_^

I totally tore apart all the object lists, i wrote scripts for all the units more specific to what i thought they would do best. rewrote priority lists for those new object types also. I have a few more i want to split off into their own object type still,,, for example toxin tractors and dragon tanks,, they are their own type of vehicle and should attack accordingly :) IMO

I have to admit yourself and "Somebody" have been a great help. I just look for threads you guys are in now on all the forums :) Its pretty easy to tell after reading a few forums who is trolling around for fixes and who knows their stuff.

lol Old man, old man pete, pete,,, doesnt matter. i guess i should stick with one though :)

#6 Mithril

Mithril

• Hosted
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 08:15 AM

Heh somebody is gool yeah, he's a mission maker for TFH and imperial assault.

Hmm I must admit making a very specific object lists for attack priority on a unit-only basis sounds very effective and humanlike! Think.. USA missile defenders are more dangerous than GLA RPG soldiers aren't they? Very good.

BTW I'm working on an "enhancement module" for the SDI which is basically a .scb file that anyone can import into their ZH AI and adapt the enhancements for teams or specific factions. Would you mind if I implement your object-list-unit-only basis idea into it? You'll be mentioned of course.. pete, old man pete, whatever ^_^

-ComradeJ

#7 Guest_Pete>Old man> Old Man Pete_*

Guest_Pete>Old man> Old Man Pete_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 June 2004 - 05:25 PM

Im still breaking the object list apart, its not to my liking yet. i guess i dont mind if you use the idea. i dont really have anything ready to upload yet though :bluch:

There are quite a few ideas I am still in the process of working out. and being so new it takes a while hehe still learning my way around the software let alone writing scripts hehe i just found the WB tut and read over sequential scripts again cuz they are kind of biting me in the lag buttocks at times :rolo:

I think i have a way to make the AI build defenses where you want them to when you make a few basic designs to the map. still testing this one, its working so-so, so far

Im trying to make sure that the fixes i make in the scripting can be used by anyone with a few additions to any map.

So far still not one INI mod so all the script mods i incorporate will be able to be used anywhere :)

I Kind of got sidetracked having fun with the wavs from the generals challenge :lol:

After downloading and looking at some of the AI script mods out there. I am quite pleased with what i have come up with so far :) especially considering how new i am to it and all ^_^

#8 Mithril

Mithril

• Hosted
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 25 June 2004 - 07:59 AM

Heh you don't have to upload anything unless you want to help me >).

If you want the AI to garrison the battle buses you will have to give them a TRANSPORT flag in their kindof, thus in the INIs. No problem though as you can put the INI files in the Data\INI\Default\ directory, you will just need an installer once your AI is out ;)

Once you are done you will need a host I'd guess. The SDI could host you if you want - if you want a forum and site and all you can probably ask The Hive

Just some tips that are quite too early yet :)

-ComradeJ

#9 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 June 2004 - 06:36 PM

TBH i never really considered posting it or having it sponsored , until now :)

I guess other than personal satisfaction, or glory, there is really no other reason to have them sponsored is there? I mean EA or someone isnt gonna look at them and go "hey, those are pretty. good get him over here.", are they?

Well i have all the little quirks worked out the the SW scripts and am importing them to all the other generals, jeeeeeeez im nevah doin this again ;) I lie too hehe,,, 2 hours to click click click all the specific general stuff just for one general,,, and USA just had to have more SW-Gen POW options than the one i set up using china :)

gah had to take a break from the click, click, clickotony ( hehe my new word for clicking monotonously)

#10 Guest_DeeZire_*

Guest_DeeZire_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 July 2004 - 03:58 PM

If you extract all the games audio into the ZH directory, preserving the directory structure, the 'Preview Sound' button should work - it wont read from BIG files, only from raw directories.

It works for me anyways, but my WB version is slightly different.

#11 Somebody

Somebody
  • Project Team
  • 6 posts
  • Projects:The Finest Hour, Imperial Assault

Posted 04 July 2004 - 05:55 PM

DIfferent, how so? If its for the better...... Maybe u could release it :p

#12 Mithril

Mithril

• Hosted
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 04 July 2004 - 08:03 PM

Ah good to know that, DZ! I might put this into the tips section later on.

I think he is talking about his developer world builder... yes if you have no difficulties in releasing it, it would be fantastic.. :p

-ComradeJ

#13 Somebody

Somebody
  • Project Team
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 July 2004 - 03:05 AM

Well, i extracted em into the appropriate folders... didnt do anything. That preview sound thing really would be handy if it worked :grin:

Aw well, got my hopes up :worried: :rolleyes:

#14 Guest_DeeZire_*

Guest_DeeZire_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 July 2004 - 11:39 AM

You sure you put the audio files in the right place? Try not putting anything in the language-specific folder, put everything in Data\Audio\Sounds and Data\Audio\Speech instead.

#15 Somebody

Somebody
  • Project Team
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 04:15 AM

I just did a raw extract into my ZH directory. (They are in the folders u listed). Although, maybe some1 else can also confirm its not working for them as well?

#16 Mithril

Mithril

• Hosted
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 08:09 AM

^ Confirmed, same thing here. Its the dev WB... or the slightly different WB..

-ComradeJ

#17 Guest_Pete_*

Guest_Pete_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 July 2004 - 02:45 PM

I was able to export the wavs to a file and then listen to them.

I didnt bother saving them to any specific directory though, i just wanted to listen to them and pick which ones i wanted to use. BUT, i will try your advice because i found some really cool lines from all sorts of movies i want to use hehehe like DR evil and when the particle uplink is made or a bunch of others i found.

Well after working on this for three weeks (straight), seeing how far along others are, and realizing that im working on a project for a game that will more than likely be dead in about three to four months the wind has been taken out of my sails. (somewhat)

Things I have done in the Scripting

I split all rocket bearing troops off from other infantry and gave them their own object type.
I split all the superweapon aircraft off from other aircraft and gave them their own object type. (I got the idea from old RVMECH AHAI - but i think this is a slight upgrade ;) it is awesome to watch the AI go out and swarm your A10s or fuel air bomb and shoot it down, or to watch gattling tanks stop in their tracks- turn their barrels skyward -and shoot at superweapon aircraft overhead :p
I split all drones off and gave them their own object type.
I split all cargo planes off and gave them their own object type.
I created tank hunting groups and Aircraft hunting teams in China and had them build the appropriate upgrades (speaker tower or Gattling cannons) accordingly
I added approx 400 scripts per general for superweapon targeting. The AI will now target with their superweapons things pre-determined by scripting... the beauty is its all run from one script and has added no lag whatsoever :)
I added a rocketguy priority
I added a Anti Air priority
I revamped all priorities and made them much more specific to their role i thought they should be performing
I revamped the money for the one general i tested everything with and let me tell you china generic is tough ;)
I revamped the team generation and composition
I also added guard skirmish world- (idea from RVMECH AHAI) which works wonderfully. I did not want to use the (guard enemy inner perimeter - cuz the guys i play with are quick to catch on to the fact that if they build a second base the AI isnt so quick to bomb them there)
I incorporated an enemy identification script section that i was going to add some general specific stuff to but lost drive for that atm. It can tell who it is playing against - the superweapons use this to target the superweapons- but i have not incorporated using it for anything else.
I made several (rocketguy) teams that will go garrison buildings in an important area - designated by a waypoint.
I made the tech capture a little more aggressive.
I also added a more defined black lotus capture list.

I did other things as well but just tweaking here and there.(and i forgot what they were :) )

I am still going to split off the dragon tank and toxin tractors and give them an anti-personel priority
I spent quite a while trying to get the Helix bunker teams to work but have not gotten them to work yet. (was trying to get china to build one helix and fill it with rocket troops and then to defend an area using an anti-air priority)

#18 Mithril

Mithril

• Hosted
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 06:38 AM

^ Ah yes thudo has been fighting with the helix (or overlord bunker) garrison for a while too. There does not appear to be a way to get them to work. The OverlordContain, the added bunker, is a separate object and for some reason the teams don't recognize that that object is an object in which they can garrison in.

We've tried INI coding it so that the overlord uses a ReplaceObjectModule and won't have to add a new object to the main overlord but that gives us other problems, possibly mismatches if I think about it..

Another issue we've been tackling with is to get the bomb truck to work..

Anyway the changes made there are QUITE a lot I must say! 400 (!) scripts PER general is quite huge, but certainly effective!

If you want to stay in the spotlight community I suggest you finish this AI and move on to battle for middle earth ;) ZH is dying, chiefly because of lack of patches\interest from EA Support. But that's an other topic..

-ComradeJ

#19 Guest_pete_*

Guest_pete_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 July 2004 - 04:19 PM

The Helix thing i think i have a fix for. I created the helix and then i make it an object,, then i have the rocket team garrison an object inside a certain trigger area. i havent created all of it yet, still trying to get back in the swing. yeah i realized im doin all of this for a game that will be dead as soon as LOTR BFME comes out. hehe i have to admit the download i saw was pretty sweet for it.

I am naming the object - helix team_helix
i am naming the rocket team - helix team_rocketguys
I am naming the trigger area - helix bunker team

As for the SW scripts. The reasons that it got so big is that i have it do the following.
First it determines exactly who is its enemy as its Gen Pow or SW becomes available.
Then i have it target the enemy based on several factors
IF enemy is china
If it is china and has a propaganda center - then the ai will hit it
if they have no prop center but have an internet center- then the ai will hit it
if they have no prop and no int center and have 2 or more airfields then the ai will hit one of those
if they have less than 2 airfields no int center and no propaganda center then i just let it target normally

if china is infantry general change out the airfields for factories
if china is tank general change out airfields for factories

If enemy is USA
if they have a strategy center built the ai will hit this
if they have no strat center and have 2 or more airfields hit them
if they have no strat, less than 2 airfields and 2 or more supply drops hit them
if they have no strat, less than 2 supply drops and 1 airfield -- hit it
if they have no airfields, less than 2 supply drops, and no strat center- target normally

If enemy is GLA
if enemy has a palace hit it
if enemy has no palace but has scudstorm hit it
if enemy has no scud and no palace and has 3 or more black markets, hit the black markets
if enemy has less then 3 bms, no scud, and no palace, but has 3 or more factories- then hit the factories
if none of the above then target normally

ah well; take care bro bbl

Pete

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users