321 replies to this topic

#1 AL_Hassan

AL_Hassan
  • Members
  • 9 posts
  • Projects:Age of Men
  •  Russian Modding

Posted 12 September 2006 - 03:35 PM

Hi everyone here. Since the release date BFME 2 has got a real lack on a really big mods (I mean not TC's). Also it has broken the original Lord of the Rings suspence atmosphere, a lot of factions you wanted to sea there weren't, not excellent balance and so on. So, I've working for 2 months to expand BFME 2 to at least to an unofficial expansion. And what it does? See here:

- Totally unique (as by the style and as by the gameplay) 3 new factions: Rohan, Harad and the Hobbits.
- New type of gameplay - Naval mode, turns standard BFME 2 on special maps into totally sea-warfare game with 99.99% battles in the sea! Featuring new dock system, trade routs, unique ships for each race and also unique race Ring Ship that will impress you just by its look!
- A great amount of new maps, some of the them absolutely first-seen in BFME skirmish and multiplayer: underground battles, sea maps and scripted team battles in legendary keeps and cities!
- 3 new campaigns will bring you back to Minast-Tirith, Black Gate, Helm's Deep and some new views. The Good, the Evil and the journey of Fellowship of the Ring.
- Dozens of new units for the old races. Each of them well-picked and balanced. Command & Click the Black Numenorean archers, Rhun War Chariots, Dunland Mounted Raiders and many-many more!
- New types of Create-a-Heros: Warg Chieftain, Goblin Shaman, Demon...
- Unique for each race the Ring Hero.

A lot of work has been done, but still much more has to be finished. I need your comments\ideas\flames, comrades to make it really fun and revolutionary :p

LaurEDIT: added the "mod noter"

Edited by LordIstari, 14 August 2007 - 09:22 PM.

#2 turbinator

turbinator
  • Banned
  • 211 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 03:45 PM

Superbloodyperb :p i would like to know more about the naval mode

#3 AL_Hassan

AL_Hassan
  • Members
  • 9 posts
  •  Russian Modding

Posted 12 September 2006 - 05:54 PM

First of all have a look what we allready did (the practice is always better than the theory, yeah), click on the images to enlarge them:

Posted Image - Dwarven Crossbowman, the replace for the Dale Archers. Fire much more accurately and distantly, but also more rarely than the standard Axe-Trower.

Posted Image - Haradrim Raiders, the basic mounted unit for the Harad faction.

And talking about the Navy more widely...

Posted Image - Gondor's unique transport ship.

Posted Image - Isengard Bomb ship can lay mines directly on water or be used as a massive kamikaze ship. Try to keep this thing away from your own fleet, thus..

Posted Image
- The Ring ship for the Goblins. They aren't present on this image, but it will be equipped with 2 Mountain Giants and drummers. Can also be garrisoned with goblin archers.

Edited by AL_Hassan, 12 September 2006 - 06:04 PM.

#4 {IP}LORDOFDARKNESS

{IP}LORDOFDARKNESS

Dark Master and Fx Lord

• Members
  • 162 posts
  •  Advanced Fx Coder

Posted 12 September 2006 - 06:04 PM

Looks cool , i already knew your mod before you posted it here :p

And BTW whats that demon CAH class a balrog?

Edited by LORDOFDARKNESS, 12 September 2006 - 06:04 PM.

Posted Image

#5 turbinator

turbinator
  • Banned
  • 211 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 06:05 PM

very nice i love the face on the dwarf look so... real :p

#6 Fingulfin

Fingulfin

I Like Pi3. Do you?

• Hosted
  • 1,752 posts
  • Projects:Staying Alive.
  •  This place looks familiar. I can't remember why.

Posted 12 September 2006 - 06:26 PM

Wow! Good work! Lets hope your mod can stay alive till its finsihed, the new navy stuff looks like fun :p
Posted Image
--------------------------------------
"You look like a ghost of your former self..."

#7 AL_Hassan

AL_Hassan
  • Members
  • 9 posts
  •  Russian Modding

Posted 12 September 2006 - 06:31 PM

Yeah, ya right - the Demon will be a some weakened Balrog. But it will be the most expensive and slow-growing non-Ring hero, so the balance won't be hurted ;P

And somebody want to hear more about what will be the so-called Naval mode? On special designed maps (pure isles, no ground connection between players' bases) will be enabled the modified rules. It will greatly change the gameplay and turn the B4ME into a pure (almostly )) ) naval strategy for this kind of maps:

- All races will get unique ships, no common ones.
- The ships will vary not only by model, but also by class, for example, Isengards has a light row boat, descent boat, ram ship and so on, while Mordor will be specialized on pure-heavy ship, elves - on agility and firepower, Gondor - on balanced ship of every type.
- In the sea there will be Gollum on a small rowing boat, as the analogue on his land edition. Killim him you can bring the Ring to the shipyard and get the Ring Ship. Like the RH it can be build only single, has a tremendous power\cost and is fully unique for each race.
- As you can expect, you can't build farms on the water. But the way to get money for the army will be capturing neutral Trading Ports situated in different places of the map. After capturing it a Merchant Ship will visit it every 3 minutes carrying bunch of money.
- The replacement of the creeps will be the free Corsairs (on Corsair ships, of course) and sea monsters
- Upgrading your shipyard you'll get acess to better ships
- Yes, and the shipyard won't be neutral anymore - it will belong to each according player from the beginning
- New bunch of naval upgrades will be available in the armories.
- Maybe, we will also work on the specifil naval spells for each race

Don't think we are going to turn BFME into a water game, the Naval Mode will be just a part of our expansion. The ground combat will also be modified greatly (look my first message in the topic )) )

Edited by AL_Hassan, 12 September 2006 - 06:33 PM.

#8 Fingulfin

Fingulfin

I Like Pi3. Do you?

• Hosted
  • 1,752 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 07:03 PM

The coolest thing Ive heard about is the naval stuff. Very unique! Ill add this mod to my Most Expected list :p
Posted Image

#9 Gorkounov

Gorkounov
  • Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 12:00 AM

really great mod so the dock system would you be able to build a dock and does it work like a wall you just choose how long the wall and yeah tht stiuff.

hmm can you make some create a heros with flying mounts like a wizard class is a eagle mount dismount.

also whta is the ring ship?

no questions and replys left.
Posted Image

#10 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  • Projects:It'sa secreeet
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Expert
  • Donated

Posted 13 September 2006 - 12:20 AM

lookiing good! another one for the download list :p

https://www.twitch.tv/vileartist - Yes shameless self-promotion

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Old modders never die, they just fade away" ~ Hostile

#11 morgoth946

morgoth946

title available

• Hosted
  • 630 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 01:20 PM

Yeah, ya right - the Demon will be a some weakened Balrog. But it will be the most expensive and slow-growing non-Ring hero, so the balance won't be hurted ;P

And somebody want to hear more about what will be the so-called Naval mode? On special designed maps (pure isles, no ground connection between players' bases) will be enabled the modified rules. It will greatly change the gameplay and turn the B4ME into a pure (almostly )) ) naval strategy for this kind of maps:

- All races will get unique ships, no common ones.
- The ships will vary not only by model, but also by class, for example, Isengards has a light row boat, descent boat, ram ship and so on, while Mordor will be specialized on pure-heavy ship, elves - on agility and firepower, Gondor - on balanced ship of every type.
- In the sea there will be Gollum on a small rowing boat, as the analogue on his land edition. Killim him you can bring the Ring to the shipyard and get the Ring Ship. Like the RH it can be build only single, has a tremendous power\cost and is fully unique for each race.
- As you can expect, you can't build farms on the water. But the way to get money for the army will be capturing neutral Trading Ports situated in different places of the map. After capturing it a Merchant Ship will visit it every 3 minutes carrying bunch of money.
- The replacement of the creeps will be the free Corsairs (on Corsair ships, of course) and sea monsters
- Upgrading your shipyard you'll get acess to better ships
- Yes, and the shipyard won't be neutral anymore - it will belong to each according player from the beginning
- New bunch of naval upgrades will be available in the armories.
- Maybe, we will also work on the specifil naval spells for each race

Don't think we are going to turn BFME into a water game, the Naval Mode will be just a part of our expansion. The ground combat will also be modified greatly (look my first message in the topic )) )

Oh my god! :p :)
That would be amazing to play! Keep it up!
The models and skins look amazing aswell, keep them up again :p

And, can I ask you how did you make that floor? You used 3ds max, right?
The Four Ages, the new english Website:

Posted Image

Posted Image

#12 Pixel

Pixel

• Hosted
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 02:59 PM

All looks and sounds great! but.. i see a few screens/renders on the site that havent been shown here... and when i click them i see no image. Do you think you could post those here?

#13 AL_Hassan

AL_Hassan
  • Members
  • 9 posts
  •  Russian Modding

Posted 14 September 2006 - 12:17 AM

yepp, thx everyone here for moral support, we even didn't thought giving up this idea, when 40% of models are done :rolleyes: . And also thx Flameguard for noticing the missing pics (those were mostly concept-arts I was enough lazy to not to upload them to the site, so here there are):

Posted Image - Goblins' new Ring hero, the Brood mother. Having no attack exept crusing, it produces spiders with titanic speed and increases their veterance with her own level. Also carries a nice bunch of crush 'n' killing spells, so it won't be a paper toy in the background of Sauron and Galadriel.

Posted Image - Ehh, possible Ring Hero of Harad. I'm still not sure will it be this scorpion guy or Mumak King or some kind of giant poison-breating serpent.

Posted Image - Again about the Harad. As you can guess, this will be a some kind of Harad's siege weapon. But not the only, the second will be the Harad Archers equipped with Mumak Hunting Bows.

Stay tuned, next time will be the complete models :)

Edited by AL_Hassan, 14 September 2006 - 12:18 AM.

#14 Fingulfin

Fingulfin

I Like Pi3. Do you?

• Hosted
  • 1,752 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 12:20 AM

Very interesting! The Spider Dude looks cool :)
Posted Image

#15 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 September 2006 - 02:12 AM

your drawings are so pro, very nice job man

#16 AL_Hassan

AL_Hassan
  • Members
  • 9 posts
  •  Russian Modding

Posted 14 September 2006 - 09:51 PM

More pics to click on them:

Posted Image - Is buildable in group of 3 comrades, concealed when not attacking this guy is an ideal weapon against lonely enemy heroes, small batallion or siege weapons. Also can climb walls

Posted Image - Rohan Horse ram. In-game it will be carried by 6 horses.

Posted Image - Isengard's siege navy thing..

Also, everyone who wants to join the mod team - just right me PM, ICQ or like you want. We need U to improve the quality and speed of our rather titanic work.

#17 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  • Projects:It'sa secreeet
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Expert
  • Donated

Posted 14 September 2006 - 10:26 PM

the poles on the ram are too thin, they would snap off with the wieght

https://www.twitch.tv/vileartist - Yes shameless self-promotion

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Old modders never die, they just fade away" ~ Hostile

#18 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 14 September 2006 - 10:37 PM

Well you guys sure are continuous with EA's mad concepts.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#19 LordIstari2

LordIstari2
  • New Members
  • 3 posts
  • Projects:Age of men
  •  russian moding

Posted 06 October 2006 - 04:07 PM

hello all (i greatlordofganduras from redsys) i making this mod too

my new skrinshot Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Solinx: merged your double post. Try to use the edit button next time.

#20 Bart

Bart

• Network Admins
  • 8,524 posts
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Network Leader

Posted 06 October 2006 - 06:10 PM

yeah yeah, good stuff, me like :D
bartvh | Join me, make your signature small!
Einstein: "We can’t solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users