#102 Rob38

Rob38

Believer of Hope

• Hosted
  • 3,567 posts
  • Projects:Helm's Deep Last Hope
  •  One who is not afraid of new challenges

Posted 01 April 2007 - 07:01 PM

Lauri, if do find out how to remove it, please let me know, as I'm clueless of what to do.

I think the logo in the upper right hand corner is called logowithshadow.tga

That is the file I did edit, but like I said, it leaves a black shadow of the old text. Do I need to do something when making a new file or saving that file?

Edited by Rob38, 01 April 2007 - 07:03 PM.

signature_group1.gif

16821.png

#103 IthronAiwendil

IthronAiwendil

Retired modder

• Hosted
  • 1,452 posts
  • Projects:None
  •  Coder, skinner, modeler, art guy

Posted 01 April 2007 - 07:14 PM

Use Alpha channels to clear the shadows of the old text :p

Edited by IthronAiwendil, 01 April 2007 - 07:15 PM.

#104 Rob38

Rob38

Believer of Hope

• Hosted
  • 3,567 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 04:06 AM

No wonder why it wasn't working. I have an older photoshop version (elments 2.0) and it doesn't have alpha channels. I got the new trial version though and it works wonderfully. The text now appears fine in the game. Now, if I can only figure out how to remove that darn boat scene for the higher graphic settings. They were able to remove that with just an image for ROTWK, so I know it must be possible to do. I wonder if there are any BFME2 mods that were sucessful in removing that. :p

signature_group1.gif

16821.png

#105 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 02 April 2007 - 08:59 AM

ah, I know what to add now :p

-noshellmap :p add it before the -mod Rob83_awesome_helmsdeepmodmap.big, so it looks something like this:

"E:\Games\The Battle for Middle-earth ™ II\lotrbfme2.exe" -noshellmap -mod Rob83_awesome_helmsdeepmodmap.big :p

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#106 Rob38

Rob38

Believer of Hope

• Hosted
  • 3,567 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 04:50 PM

Lauri, youre awesome :p I would have never figured that one out on my own. Thank you so much :p

signature_group1.gif

16821.png

#107 D_bershevits

D_bershevits
  • Banned
  • 148 posts
  • Projects:Gondor Power Pack, Last Alliance

Posted 03 April 2007 - 07:50 PM

Nice screenshots,I like how you make there armor. Aragorn still looks like ea's model.(not to be mean).

But still great work again!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#108 Rob38

Rob38

Believer of Hope

• Hosted
  • 3,567 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 08:25 PM

Well, the only difference with the Aragorn model is the removal of the cape. Also, the skin is EA's also. I'm debating wheather I will re-skin it or not. It wad one of the few skins by EA that was a decent resolution size.

signature_group1.gif

16821.png

#109 JEV3

JEV3

Mighty Armadillo

• Hosted
  • 719 posts
  • Projects:Game Enhancement Mod
  •  Coder, Skinner, Graphics, GEM Mod Leader
  • Job:T3A Chamber Member

Posted 04 April 2007 - 02:41 AM

I think the Elven Bombardiers should be identical to the Galadhrim (except for bow/sword toggle) once they switch to swords...

I haven't been watching this forum recently and I'm sorry I haven't there is a lot of cool stuff here (and more questions :thumbsupsmiley: )

BTW, why don't you post what you need done in this thread so we can decide whether we have skill enough to do it instead of deciding before we see what needs to be done... :crazed:

Is the AI going to use the bombardiers when you are Isengard?
He who bears skill but lacks effort, makes himself inferior to those who have no skill but try nonetheless.
Posted Image
Posted Image
"There is some good in this world, and its worth fighting for!"
J.M.J.

#110 Rob38

Rob38

Believer of Hope

• Hosted
  • 3,567 posts

Posted 04 April 2007 - 04:54 AM

I think the Elven Bombardiers should be identical to the Galadhrim (except for bow/sword toggle) once they switch to swords...

Do you mean by that they can then purchase heavy armor and forged blades? Right now, I don't want to give them those upgrades because it may make the game a little unbalanced. But, of course, that's always subject to change.

Is the AI going to use the bombardiers when you are Isengard?

I was wondering when someone was going to ask that. Well, since it is such an unique unit, I'm not sure how well the AI will be able to use it. Can the AI use bombard arrow attacks? I don't think I have ever seen them use it.

BTW, why don't you post what you need done in this thread so we can decide whether we have skill enough to do it instead of deciding before we see what needs to be done... :thumbsupsmiley:

1. Large seige ladders - In the movie, Isengard uses several large ladders to scale the walls of the Hornburg. They do this by shooting hooks with a ballista and then slowly raising the ladder with rope to the walls of the Hornburg. Now, of course, this would just be insanely hard to model and animate. So instead, I'm thinking that we just take the existing ladder model and make the ladder longer so it can reach the Hornburg walls. Also, since the ladder is going to be longer and heavier, I'm thinking that we should replace the regular uruks who hold the ladder with some small armored trolls. That would make it a lot more realistic and still maintain the idea of having a larger siege ladder.

2. uruk shieldman - In the movies, when the uruk-hai are trying to walk over the causeway, they use uruks with large shields. I would like to use that unit for my map. I could of swore however, that I saw of mod that created those units. I can't remember the name of it though, so I'll have to search around to see if I can find it. It would be great if I could use their model (with permission of course) for my map. So hold off on this model if you plan on making it until I find out more about it.

3. updated Helm's Deep Arcade - For the Hem's Deep Arcade, I want an openable gate so that units can go through it. My Helm's Deep map has an indoor and outdoor part, so I need a gate in the Arcade so they can access both areas. I'll post pictures on this one later so you'll understand it better.

4. faded death animation for peasants - I'm not sure if you create this through modeling or if I can simply code this in. What I need is for the Rohan peasants(all 3 models) to have the faded death animation. I need this because there is a summoned ability that uses them and they have a time limit.

5. updated rohan armory - There are two different rohan armory models models (one for high and one for low). The problem is the high resolution one doesn't have any of the subobject parts (such as V1A) that the low one has. So, what I want is for the high resolution model to have the subobjects so that the model changes when upgraded in-game.

6. Helm's Deep throne - Working on details for it. Will post more info later.

7. Updated Haradrim Lancer - I will be using the lancers as my rohan spearmen/spearthrowers for my mod. For the model, the spear needs to be edited so it is more of a traditional spear instead of their kind of evil spear. Also, I need the blue subobject glow added to the end of the spear for their forrged blade upgrade.

signature_group1.gif

16821.png

#111 Bart

Bart

• Network Admins
  • 8,524 posts
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Network Leader

Posted 04 April 2007 - 11:38 PM

Does anybody know how to change the text that appears in the upper right hand corner?

the file is called logowithshadow.tga

Does anybody know how to disable the scene of the boats on the main menu? I've looked in video ini but I didn't see anything about that. You see, my new title screen only works on low resolution, but not on the higher one. Also, I'm having trouble changing the text in the upper right hand corner. I found the file (logowithshadow) but when I try to change it with my own, it leaves a black shadow of the old text.

oh, so you already found the logo :D anyway, you have to edit the alpha channel too (check out a tutorial i have in the user submitted section, which coincidentally uses just that logo)

the "video", as you call it, is actually a map. there's a setting somewhere in gamedata.ini, which determines what your CPU power must be to show the shellmap, and not a picture like you want. just set this option to some insanely hight setting that nobody will have for at least a hundred years :grin:

edit: woops, i forgot to read another page (page 3 for me)
bartvh | Join me, make your signature small!
Einstein: "We can’t solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

#112 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts
  • Projects:S.E.E., Sage A.I., Code Advisor
  •  'Axe'er of the Gordic Knot

Posted 05 April 2007 - 12:57 AM

2. uruk shieldman - In the movies, when the uruk-hai are trying to walk over the causeway, they use uruks with large shields. I would like to use that unit for my map. I could of swore however, that I saw of mod that created those units. I can't remember the name of it though, so I'll have to search around to see if I can find it. It would be great if I could use their model (with permission of course) for my map. So hold off on this model if you plan on making it until I find out more about it.

I've seen it too. The horde's size had also been increased and there where uruk scouts with leather armor. Can't remember exactly which mod it was, but it was definitely for BfME1.

bannerreal01mittelit3.jpg
Axed Head and A.I. Coder for S.E.E. and ... stuff

".. coding is basically boring. What's fun is finding out how things work, take them apart and then put them together in ways that were not intended nor even conceived."

#113 D_bershevits

D_bershevits
  • Banned
  • 148 posts

Posted 05 April 2007 - 04:02 PM

Elvenstar 1,Eleven Alliance,3rd Age Mod,Last Alliance mod.

Those were once popular bfme 1 mods.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#114 KaizerKai

KaizerKai
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 April 2007 - 04:20 PM

This map sounds like it is going to be huge. Will it not have a lot of lag?

#115 Rob38

Rob38

Believer of Hope

• Hosted
  • 3,567 posts

Posted 05 April 2007 - 07:38 PM

This map sounds like it is going to be huge. Will it not have a lot of lag?

Actually, I found out that the maximum size you can make a map is 600x600. So, I decided to just have Helm's Deep in the map and not try to squeeze the fortress Isengard in it also. Currently, my map is 460X460, and it should not be increasing much anymore.

I'll search around the BFME1 mods more and see if I can find the uruk shieldman model. I know that I saw it on this site so I'll just keep looking around here.

signature_group1.gif

16821.png

#116 zimoo

zimoo

Ecthelion of the Fountain

• Project Team
  • 2,009 posts
  • Projects:Lurking until the off topic begins...
  •  Guardian of the Books

Posted 06 April 2007 - 11:22 AM

Try Wars of Middle Earth, that rings a bell for uruk shields.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Playing games? Ah, you'll never be a good modder if you get involved in actually playing them!

#117 D_bershevits

D_bershevits
  • Banned
  • 148 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 11:41 AM

WitchKings Kingdom ?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#118 cahik_

cahik_

Sage engine ruler

• Project Team
  • 1,896 posts
  • Projects:Rhovanion Alliance
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member and Crazy animator

Posted 06 April 2007 - 12:12 PM

i have them in my BFME2 mod. that model should still be somewhere in my comp. but i have them with big shield and sword, i think that it would look much better if they are without weapon. if you want them like that let me know. i can donate that model + make some anims for them in the case that you want them without weapons.

faded death animation for peasants

i would suggest using their idle anims for faded death. it is the same way that EA use on rohirrim and elves

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#119 Rob38

Rob38

Believer of Hope

• Hosted
  • 3,567 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 07:14 PM

That would be awesome! And yes, I do agree that they would work much better without swords also. Thank you so much :p

Also, thanks for the tip on the peasants. I'll try that out.

signature_group1.gif

16821.png

#120 m@tt

m@tt

#######

• Project Team
  • 4,056 posts
  • Projects:The Dwarf Holds
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 06 April 2007 - 07:25 PM

If you use the scale map function you can get bigger than 600x600 but its a bit late now, it would screw up all the textures.

Could you post some screens of the whole map in Worldbuilder please?

Edited by mh_gollum, 06 April 2007 - 07:27 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users