#1 Samael

Samael

Living life to the fullest

• Project Team
  • 1,477 posts
  • Projects:Living my Life the right way
  •  Baller

Posted 22 April 2007 - 05:41 PM

For some reason I can't remove BF vietnam and rome total war and RTW: Barbarian Invasion I get these errors.

Rome total war and RTW:Barbarian Invasion:
Posted Image

BF vietnam:
Posted Image

I also get these errors when I try to install the games as well. I don't play these games anymore so I am wondering how can I remove them.

BTW I DLed no cd patch for these games but I replaced them with the org. files so it can uninstall them right but I still get these errors.

#2 Simiswimm

Simiswimm
  • Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 08:14 PM

Number #1 is an error where it can't find the files it's looking for. It would be no surprise to me if the NO-CD patcher removed those by mistake. Or, They were protected and needed to be removed. Or they vanished into thin... Silicon.

Anyway, look on the CD the game came with, find the files that are labeled like this on the error:

">path\file.ext (File Number)"

And attempt to place them in the same directory given by the CD.

If the game is in your C:\program files\ for example, then

C:\program files\game\kernel\CABFile.cpp

would be what you're looking for.

If that's not there, Then replace it. If the file size Is different, Replace it. If the file is identical, then replace the other and see if that fixes the second error. Often, while looking for errors, a program will find one, and the next one is actually a mistake caused by the first.

If it is identical, still, there may be a problem with the InstallShield Program. You may want to search the internet for ways to update it. Also, for the second problem, it looks as if there's a file missing there too.

Not only should you check the game directory, but make sure that the InstallShield program has it's proper files as well. If this is too hard, an easier solution would be re-installing the whole InstallShield program again.

Also, repairing the game may work, or re-installing in the same exact folder as the first one, so that you can attempt uninstalling from a 'fresh' copy.

-=- Simiswimm -=-

Edited by Simiswimm, 13 May 2007 - 08:16 PM.

#3 Samael

Samael

• Project Team
  • 1,477 posts
  •  Baller

Posted 28 May 2007 - 09:44 PM

What you told me to do did not help. Removin RTW exe and reinstallin the game I still get the same error. I looked up for updates for installshield and I don't know what I need. So I am still confused and it is pissing me off.

#4 Bart

Bart

• Network Admins
  • 8,524 posts
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Network Leader

Posted 30 May 2007 - 09:18 AM

manually delete the files from your hard drive and entries in the registry
bartvh | Join me, make your signature small!
Einstein: "We can’t solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

#5 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 30 May 2007 - 03:06 PM

That's about your best option yeah. Usually if all the files are gone you'll get a message saying 'An error occurred when trying to remove. Would you like to remove from this list?' and you can click yes.

You can then install it just fine...but seems weird Rome should do that. =/ I can't speak for BF Nam tho.

#6 Samael

Samael

• Project Team
  • 1,477 posts
  •  Baller

Posted 07 June 2007 - 09:28 PM

What files are in the registry?

Btw, BF2 and BF2142 have the same problem. I am a little pissed about this.

Edited by Samael, 07 June 2007 - 09:32 PM.

#7 Samael

Samael

• Project Team
  • 1,477 posts
  •  Baller

Posted 19 June 2007 - 02:31 PM

:p I am getting ticked off about this.

Now warhammer 40 DC can't be uninstalled because of this same error and now it is crashing during the load screen into battle.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users