200 replies to this topic

#1 Shine On

Shine On

Resident Photographer

• Hosted
  • 3,828 posts
  •  Ex Cameo Maker and Modder

Posted 18 May 2007 - 03:20 PM

This thread is going to be a very depressing and shocking post by me but this is one of the only places i can keep in contact with the lot of ya. Since everyone is busy.

Recently i've been having pain in the left hand side of my head near the temple. So today i went into hospital and had a CT scan on my head, chest and abdomen. Also a Bone scan in another department. I then went to the oncology area to go and see my Consultant and Dr to find out the results from one of the scans and it was the following...

I have 2 lots of cancer in my head, one in a lump on the side of my head and the other is another smaller lump right near the temple on the left hand side of my face. This has been causing alot of pain in the left hand side of my head and is also impossible to have any form of treatment to get rid of that.

I will be having Radiotherapy on that area of my head to help reduce the size of the tumor near my temple but there is nothing i can have to remove it totally. This is because it is right near a sensitive area of my brain and thus will cause some substantial problems if it was cut or anything >.<

There's nothing out there that i can have that will cure me of this, mostly because of where it is located. I can't have chemotherapy nor opperations cause of it being a sensitive area. There is nothing else i can have to help cure me so it's been classed that i've only got a limited amount of time left to live. Although it was never said how long i will have left.

I am predicting that i have around 6+ months left to live, but this is just a guess. Once i've had radiotherapy i will probably find out how long then...

This all seems like alot of bullshit or just generally naffness, but i am currently scared shitless atm. I would of told ya all in person, but everyone is busy so i can't interrupt you all any way at all. I just hope to meet you all at some point. I have so much i want to do on my own and with the lot of ya, i have limit (unknown how long) time left and so i really need to spend as much time with you all that i still have left sad.gif

I'm sorry for anything wrong i've done to you all... i just want to have a good end to my life. I'll need to do a will too at some point. There's no way to cure myself anymore :)

Talk to you all soon :p

Richard xxx

Edited by Xeno, 30 July 2007 - 11:19 AM.

Posted Image

#2 Rawlo

Rawlo

Word Smith

• Project Team
  • 1,616 posts
  •  as it turns out, was never actually a convict, go figure.

Posted 18 May 2007 - 03:27 PM

as you know, I'm practically speach less over this, but what I can say is even though I'm an athiest, all we can do is prey for a miracle. Live well while you can mate. I hope to see you in Aus
The Least I Could Do - We all wished we were like this at one point
Ctrl+Alt+Del - A webcomic for the gamer in all of us
A final good night Burnie, sleep well mate, rest in peace
Goodbye Tig, you are sorely missed.
Goodbye to you aswell till, you'll also be missed

Xeno, RIP mate
"I'm going to go on the record and say that any substance abuse problem which creates women like that is ok by me"

#3 Lee

Lee

title available

• Division Leaders
  • 2,313 posts
  • Projects:Life
  • Division:Art & Design
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 18 May 2007 - 03:41 PM

This is a true shocker. I am so sad to hear this. I really don't know what to say other then that and I hope you forfill all you want to do in life. Also, dont worry about you doing anything bad to anyone, your one of the kindest souls in this community and in the world. After my GCSEs, I will have to arrange a visit as I would really love to meet you in person.

Richard, I and this community will always be here for you, dont forget that. Please dont be sad, I know it will be hard not to, in fact I couldn't even guess the pain your in at the moment, but try to look forward to the rest of your time, go out there and live.

~ Lee

Edited by Lee, 18 May 2007 - 03:48 PM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#4 MaryJo

MaryJo

The life, the Universe and Everything

• Hosted
  • 522 posts
  •  why does everyone has more posts than me? spamwhores!

Posted 18 May 2007 - 03:42 PM

i'm speechless, and i can't stop this feeling around me, we pray to god for a miracle, maybe he can still listen

#5 Tom

Tom

title available

• Undead
  • 8,475 posts
  • Projects:Life
  •  Co-Founder of Revora

Posted 18 May 2007 - 03:51 PM

Jesus Rich, i'm sort of stuck for words. I mean I really don't know what to say. Sorry man. I wish there was a way that anything could be changed.

We will always be here to talk to you during this time mate. If you ever need to talk to someone I'll be around, just as you have when i've needed someone to talk too.

#6 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 18 May 2007 - 04:09 PM

You know my feelings on this, they reflect those of everyone else who is posting.

For what it's worth, I'm always there for ya mate. And indeed I promise I'll try my best to meet up with you again. Other than that, anything ya need, just say the word.

#7 Comrade Kal

Comrade Kal

Blur are better than Oasis

• Members
  • 2,491 posts
  • Projects:The revolution
  •  Terrorist

Posted 18 May 2007 - 04:09 PM

rest assured life is only a tiny worthless sliver of light between two immensities of darkness

probably
Posted Image

"To be governed is tragic, to govern is pathetic."

#8 Apollo

Apollo

The bringer of doom

• Hosted
  • 3,467 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm, Project Phantom
  •  1337 Modder

Posted 18 May 2007 - 04:16 PM

Really sorry to hear it and some say life isn't fair, it sure isn't with you so without rambling further, like others said we are there for you :)
Posted Image

EAApoc wrote:
The only written law in a C&C game I ever saw is please Mr.Developer make it fun and give me a lot of **** to explode, o and don't you ever get another soul to play Kane but Joe Kucan. Aside from those two rules, all bets are off =) hehe
-APOC

#9 Elerium

Elerium

Road test? Me? But I gotta go save the world!

• Project Team
  • 631 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Temporal Agent

Posted 18 May 2007 - 04:38 PM

I don't know what to say, I'm stuck for words..

All I have to say is that whatever happens, you will still be a truly respected member among everybody on this forum and in the community. We're here for you.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#10 Shine On

Shine On

Resident Photographer

• Hosted
  • 3,828 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 05:36 PM

Thank you people... sorry to say that i was leaving the other day and then find out all this fucked up news. The last thing i want to do is pile news like this on people but you all deserve to hear what is going on with me atm :(

I havn't been told how much longer i have left. i just hope things will be substantial enough for me to go out and about, visit some place and do something before my life packs in :(

Thanks people... sorry this is probably one of the worst news i could of told ya :(
Posted Image

#11 Nemoricus

Nemoricus

Dragon Awesomeness for the Win!

• Project Team
  • 1,110 posts
  • Projects:FC Alpha tester, Enigma Advisor

Posted 18 May 2007 - 07:07 PM

My God, this is absolutely wretched news to hear.
I'm sorry mate. I can only hope for a miracle of either science or god.
Well, I hope that you'll enjoy your life.
If there's anything that I can do, just ask and I'll see if it's possible.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#12 Athena

Athena

Embody the Truth

• Undead
  • 6,946 posts
  •  Former Community Leader

Posted 18 May 2007 - 07:21 PM

I don't know what to say.. :)

#13 Soul

Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 3,781 posts
  • Projects:Sigma Invasion
  •  This person isn't important

Posted 18 May 2007 - 07:33 PM

I have just shed a tear :) , I feel so sad right now :p , I barely knew you, but I still feel bad that your going to die.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Soul 2.4

Background process. Has something to do with some activity going on somewhere. Sorting junkmail, I think. No value or interest. Doesn't do much except hog resource.

#14 ched

ched

• Undead
  • 4,431 posts
  • Projects:Rhovanion Alliance
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:Previous Division Leader

Posted 18 May 2007 - 07:46 PM

I never really got to know you more than that, but I was really shocked to read this.
Software is like sex; it's better when it's free ~Linus Torvald

#15 ihateharriers

ihateharriers

Supreme Commander of Flying Squirrel Army

• Hosted
  • 854 posts
  • Projects:YR: Air Wars, Sorta Secret Tiberian Thing, staying alive
  •  Flying Squirrels - Even Crazier Than Me!!

Posted 18 May 2007 - 08:54 PM

holy shit man, i can't believe this is happening. it's truly a pity that someone your age has to deal with something like this and that it's going to cut your life so short. i guess all i gotta say to that is see how long ya got and make the best of that time. hell, i say party like hell if ya want to, it's not like ya gotta worry about killing any brain cells :)

still, it's terrible tht you have to go trhough all this. if you ever need to talk, send me a PM, hit me up on AIM (my SN is doorsfan300), and i'll give you my msn when i get the internet on my actual computer. i'll be more that happy to talk to ya and lend a supporting hand. good luck, and i hope you have plenty of time to have the time of your life :)
Posted Image

Posted Image
Congrats, mate!!

#16 Soul

Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 3,781 posts
  • Projects:Sigma Invasion
  •  This person isn't important

Posted 18 May 2007 - 09:02 PM

Make the best out of the last days of your life ok, enjoy the hell out of it.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Soul 2.4

Background process. Has something to do with some activity going on somewhere. Sorting junkmail, I think. No value or interest. Doesn't do much except hog resource.

#17 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • Projects:Remix Escalation Top Quality Imaginer and Pro Tester. CnC Guild Gossip Whore
  •  Misanthropic Hulking Adonis

Posted 18 May 2007 - 09:59 PM

my grandad died of cancer. i was 3 at the time. i never knew him.
i dont know you, but i see you around her a lot and it will be sad to know that some one has actually died.
i say...dont be scared in dying. everyones time will come. it is just very very unfortuante that your time is earlier than it should be. i think your brave, seeing you have had cancer for a long time.

all i can say is, have fun until its your time. do something youve always wanted to do before you die. like parachute/bungee jump.

:) xxxxx
Posted Image
CnC Guild - As ancient as time itself.
Do you like anything CnC releated? Then the CnC guild likes you! Go make friends with it.

Latest Remix Escalation on ModDB
Remix Escalation on Revora - Track the latest news and changes.

#18 Jetz

Jetz

Military expert, especially firearms

• Members
  • 67 posts
  • Projects:Trying to pwn at playing CoHOF
  •  Nuke-tossing, Gut-busting Old Skooler

Posted 19 May 2007 - 02:26 AM

:o

Posted Image

**speechless**
pwnt. opposing fronts installed.

#19 Shine On

Shine On

Resident Photographer

• Hosted
  • 3,828 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 07:45 AM

I'll try and keep in contract with a fair amount of you all in my remaining time. Thing is i never was told how long i have left atm, but either way i need to try and do as much as i can in the mean time. If i can meet up with a fair amount of you at one point then i'll be happy to try that... :)
Posted Image

#20 Hogo

Hogo

Pro Mapper XD

• C&C Guild Staff
  • 1,295 posts
  • Projects:Enemy Enhanced, Mapping
  •  Friendly face
  • Division:C&C Guild
  • Job:Division Staff

Posted 19 May 2007 - 10:54 AM

Holy shit man i can not say how sorry i am. You truly are a great guy and you have helped probably most of use in one way or another.
I don't know what else to say because i am so shocked i cant even type right, Sorry man to hear this and i hope that you have a great time from now on! until the time has come.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users