• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 05 June 2007 - 03:08 PM

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤
BFME2 Special Extended Edition - Fixes & Additions for BETA IV
¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Credits are given where the solution didn't come from me or Sûlherokhh...
//Nazgûl :thumbsupsmiley:

ALL FACTIONS
------------
- (AI) Many things new to this mod, both structures and units, required new AI coding! For example all things Rohan, and all other things exclusive (new) to this mod, specified in this mods PDF ReadMe, like the Noldor and Lórien (Helm’s Deep) Warriors, Dwarven Berserkes, Uruks of Orthanc, Uruk Raiders, Morgul Orcs, Black Uruks of Barad-dûr, and so on...
>>> (See separate AI Fix List for details on this!) *coming*

- Knockback Resistance for Heroes completely overhauled. Heroes are now (a bit) more susceptable to Knockback attacks!

- Hero and Fortress abilities tuned (Mostly for MotW). Many abilities can now be set to auto with right-click. Most are used by the AI too!

- Porters are now able to be sent (sold) back to fortresses!

- Porters are now able to repair, instead of Peasants!

- Fortress build cost reduced from 40000 to 25000 $!

- Siege Machines build time reduced from 4 mins to 3 mins!

- Reduced Penalty for many resource buildings to not kick in until 6 are built (on 7th)!

- Spell Book points maximum limit is made higher, so that there are enough points to buy all Spell Book powers!

- Ships now take MUCH more damage from Siege Weapons and trown Rocks!

- War Ships make less damage to flying beasts!

- Flying beasts make more damage to Ships!

- Lair Treasures give much more cash when looted!

- Wall Hubs have longer build time to better match the long streches of Wall segments possible!

- Added correct wall armorsets for WallUpgrades (were too weak, used default NoArmor as armorset).

- The lack of Bounding Boxes in new models that makes them hard to click in game have been compensated with Cylinder Geometry in codes, which is supposed to ease high lighting in game! (Works only slightly better though)

- Reworked the use of Inns! Inn's should now be interesting and fun to use, for all faction players. Sûlherokhh came up with the idea of having mercenary hordes available for recruitment, that don't normally belong to that faction. This means that Men should be able to recruit Dwarves and Elves in there while Isengard can find Mordor and Goblin units, and so on... These units will neeed time to be persuaded though, they will cost a little more and they will also be very limited in numbers.

CaH
---
- CaH REVIVE-Button removed from the Fortress Commandset when CaH 'unchecked'. Was a bug!

- Removed knockback from CaH archers, and moved to Legolas, but with less strenght!

MEN
---
- Rohan Battle Tower & Rohan Golden Hall have been given proper buildup animations.
>>> Credit: ZIMOO

- Rohan Golden Hall is now prerequisite for Rohan heroes to "arrive" (enable) in the fortress!

- Rohan Golden Hall enables Peasants to be recruited from Farms!

- "Draft" for Peasants (gives Shield + Sword to all active hordes) can be researched in the Rohan Armory and dispatched through the Golden Hall!

- Rohan Stable is now a prerequisite for all 'Mount' abilities, instead of experience levels! Faramir will need the Gondor Stable to mount!

- Rohan Archers have been made into "real" Rohan (Yeoman) Archers with new skins instead of the Men of Dale skin they use in the retail game. They even have Yeoman Audio now!

- Level prerequisites for many powers have been seriously reassigned for all MotW Heroes, except Theoden!

- "Heart of the Warrior" ("Last Stand") and "Fiery Temper"; new abilities added for Boromir!

- "War Speech" ability for Faramir added, usable when mounted, affecting only Gondor Knights much like 'Glorious Charge', only greater increase in weapon damage (300%) and NO armor bonus. Should be reminiscent to Faramir's suicidal attack on Osgiliath!

- Theoden's "Glorious Charge" now only affects Rohirrim!

- "Bubble Shield" ability for Gandalf from BFME1 is added! The ability is used autimatically to defend Gandalf under certain conditions, but can also be activated manually by pressing 'L'!

- Gandalf automatically becomes GandalfTheWhite when he dies (and is revived). Shorter recharge, increased spell strength and the 'white' skin. New Revive Button and Mouseover!

- Eowyn is made a LOT more interesting with the new "Dernhelm" power (at level 1), which she can also use to disguise as a peasant woman. This ability can only be activated when no enemies are close to her. She will then be able to use allied Peasants and Rohirrim as camouflage, just like elves use trees. She will ONLY be discovered, if she comes too close to enemies, or if she uses one of her battle powers that deactivate 'Dernhelm' entirely!

- Eowyn do extra damage towards WitchKing!

- Rohirrim weapon toggle animation glitch is fixed!

ELVES
-----

- Gwaihir can no longer be summoned too fast by the AI (before the nest is built)!

- Noldor Weapon Song power is not displaying the wrong banner carrier (Lórien Archer) anymore!

- Galadriel abilities (level upgrades) and voices polished. No hearing her now when the enemy builds her!

- Glorfindel is reskinned to blonde. A very pale blonde though!

- Glorfindel now deals more damage to Nazgul's (200%)!

- Frodo's sword Sting now only glows when Orcs, Uruk-hai or Spiders are approaching! Frodo Audio is triggered when that happens ('Orcs are near!' , 'Sting!')!

- Sam's Frying Pan attack is added!

- Lórien Swordsmen had 2nd Age shields. They are now removed (by req from Team Member "Mordor Slayer")!

- Silverthorn Arrows was WAY too strong against powerful things such as Balrog, Fellbeasts, Mumakils, Trolls, etc! Debuffed!

- Another (4th) Ent model; Ash, should is added! Only melee but 10% better at it!

- Gwahir (and other Eagles) have been given falling death anims!

DWARVES
-------
- "Dwarven Diamond Mine" is changed into "Dwarven Mithril Mine" (more logical!)

- Dwarven Throwing Axes was WAY too strong against structures! Debuffed!

- Berserker abilities and voices polished. Axethrow at Level 2. All can be set on auto (right-click)!

- Dale Swordsmen are added as early units! (Basic model from Deluxe Edition!)

- Men of Dale used Rohan Archer banner carrier. Switched to Dale skin!

- Dwarven Archery Range is removed! Axe Throwers are moved into Warrior Hall.

- Dale Barracks with Dale Archers and Dale Swordsmen are added instead of Archery Range.

MORDOR
------
- Fellbeasts have been given falling death anims!

- Polish WK's Fire Sword FX!
>>> Credit: {IP}LORDOFDARKNESS

- Change Attack Troll's upgrade to "Steel Mace" to Siege Mace or Iron Mace (No alloys in Middle Earth, right?)

- Mordor got a Hero Statue with healing, area bonus and infantry discount!

- MordorLargeGroup Bonus FX (shouting and glowing when a mob has collected)!

- Aligned Orc Horde Commandsets so that you can buy upgrades collectively!

- Mordor's "Basic Training" technology is moved to Tavern to make room for more units in the Pit!

- The Nazgûl's Fellbeast dismount are polished. Removed diverse Nazgul EVA messages when re- mounting!

- Orc makeover! All regular Mordor Gorgoroth Orcs have been given new models and skins from the cancelled Deluxe Edition!
>>> Credit: NIGHTMARE & DLotS of BFME+

- Morgul Orcs have been added! Basic model from the cancelled BFME+! Can use Forged Blades and Heavy Armor!
>>> Credit: THE DEAD PLAYER

- Black Uruks of Barad-dûr have been added!

- Black Uruk captain; Shagrat is added!

- Attack Troll "Siege Mace" (Collector's Edition) upgrade! The Attack Troll's gigantic spiked mace is now a BUYABLE upgrade, from research at the Troll Cage!

- Mûmakil "War Gear" upgrade! Mumakil's upgrade with Spikes and War Paint is now a buyable upgrade from the Mûmakil Pen, instead of just gaining it all from experience on the battle field!

- Walls have been given to Mordor - genuine Dol Guldur walls that match the fortress perfectly!
>>> Credit: FLAMEGUARD

ISENGARD
--------
- Hero Statue added with healing, area bonus and infantry discount!

- Uruk-hai Scout Radiers debuffed and moved to Level 1 Uruk Pit with increased Locomotor!

- Wild men of Dunland (Dunlendings) are now also available as an early units and not summons only. "Dunland Tent" is their newly added structure.

GOBLINS
-------
- Goblin Drummer is implemented! Just think of movie scene in the Mines of Moria...
>>> Credit: Model donated by ARGOLIS

- Mountain Giants are now able to crush trees while walking!
>>> Credit: ROBNKARLA

- Mountain Giants have been given a new "resting/sitting" anim that EA never used!
>>> Credit: WHATSUPCUZ for finding the anim

- Walls have been given to Goblins. Simple material. Like a fence!

- Goblin "Holes" (rubble left by Goblin buildings that can auto repair) now have their health adjusted to the new health scale of units and buildings!

Edited by Nazgûl, 10 June 2007 - 01:09 AM.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#2 Athem

Athem

title available

• Members
  • 307 posts
  • Projects:Destiny of Dunedain

Posted 05 June 2007 - 03:26 PM

YEAAH Nazghul's RULEZ :grin: :sad: :)
now something good in this weak :xd: I want to play it whole weekend :lol:
I think I make a LAN- party with this mod :wub: :thumbsupsmiley: :ninja:

Sorry for that spam :)

Edited by Athem, 05 June 2007 - 03:42 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature

#3 Mordor Slayer

Mordor Slayer

SEE Marketing Manager

• Project Team
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 04:15 PM

W00ts! I've got exams then :thumbsupsmiley:!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 CapnAstroSponge

CapnAstroSponge

title available

• Members
  • 299 posts
  • Projects:Trolling the S.E.E Boards

Posted 05 June 2007 - 04:38 PM

Sweet, Nazgul!

Is this going to be a different way to install? If it's not, i'm cool, just wondering.
Posted Image

Never come between a Capn and his..uh..AstroSponge? No, no...Never come between a CapnAstro and his Sponge! Uh.....this doesn't work as well as the other guys names..

I am..

Posted Image

#5 Xingdao Fan

Xingdao Fan

look to the Evening Star!

• Project Team
  • 588 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK (BETA testing)

Posted 05 June 2007 - 04:47 PM

Yay =) I think I'm gonna like this.

xingdaofan-1.jpg

#6 Bruno62339

Bruno62339
  • Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 06:42 PM

oh you will love it, can't wait. :thumbsupsmiley:
Posted Image
^Signature by Serated

Life sucks, then you die :)

#7 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 05 June 2007 - 07:13 PM

I am afraid the installation will be the same as now Sponge...

For final rel we're gonna try the EXE file =)

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#8 Xingdao Fan

Xingdao Fan

• Project Team
  • 588 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 08:41 PM

-.-

Edited by Xingdao Fan, 06 June 2007 - 01:44 PM.

xingdaofan-1.jpg

#9 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts
  • Projects:S.E.E., Sage A.I., Code Advisor
  •  'Axe'er of the Gordic Knot

Posted 05 June 2007 - 08:44 PM

What we will do until friday is polish what we have and get it out! :ninja: After that some relaxation is in order, before we throw ourselves at the next stretch. Before demanding or suggesting anything new for this mod, i advise you to take your time enjoying the game and testing/evaluating all that is new or changed.

bannerreal01mittelit3.jpg
Axed Head and A.I. Coder for S.E.E. and ... stuff

".. coding is basically boring. What's fun is finding out how things work, take them apart and then put them together in ways that were not intended nor even conceived."

#10 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 05 June 2007 - 09:38 PM

Even with tests and exams, with summer holidays approaching I guess it won't take long. Will you also modify War of the Ring, as promised? ^.^ that'll prove to be a hard task.

Excuse me? "as promised"??? Where did I promise that? :ninja:
We spent hundreads of hours on this so, yeah like Sûl said, enjoy what we did so far. From what I recall I said that IF if if if we ever do anything about WotR mode, it will be WAY down the list in the bottom! Converting to Campaign compatibility is an extremly higher priority than WotR which is like a totally different game alltogether, and since I don't even play that I doubt I will be involved in any modding of it. Maybe if the crew grows in the future we might do it though. We'll see.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#11 Uruk King

Uruk King

Lore-abiding citizen

• Project Team
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 06:29 AM

Even with tests and exams, with summer holidays approaching I guess it won't take long. Will you also modify War of the Ring, as promised? ^.^ that'll prove to be a hard task.

I recomend that you need to show a bit more respect for the modders, nothing can be made a promise in this Mod,or any mod for that matter. But be lucky it's not Dain Ironfoot you're talking too. :ninja:

I don't even like WotR.
I will remember Rhovanion Alliance, RIP .

Posted Image

#12 adummy

adummy

Keep it Clean!

• Project Team
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 01:33 PM

Congrats to all you guys :sad:

I recomend that you need to show a bit more respect for the modders, nothing can be made a promise in this Mod,or any mod for that matter.

You dont really have a right to tell someone to be respect modders more when you basicly told Celeglin (a modder for RA and his own mod, TEA, and an admin for revora) to go fuck himself.

I don't even like WotR.

some of us do.
Posted Image

#13 Xingdao Fan

Xingdao Fan

• Project Team
  • 588 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 01:43 PM

You considered that disrespect? Nobody really got the point of my post?

I won't bother to explain then. Sorry for the insult. -_-

xingdaofan-1.jpg

#14 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 06 June 2007 - 02:33 PM

Allright, in that case, none taken :p

Eventually the mod will be finished (we gotta stop someday, lol) and when that happens we can talk about WotR. SO it's not a promise, but I wont forget about it either. MAybe we can work on that in the future when the basic mod (skirmish) and the Campaign are fixed. We'll see as said :sad:

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#15 CapnAstroSponge

CapnAstroSponge

title available

• Members
  • 299 posts
  • Projects:Trolling the S.E.E Boards

Posted 06 June 2007 - 03:10 PM

I am afraid the installation will be the same as now Sponge...

For final rel we're gonna try the EXE file =)

All right then, I guess I'll just have to wait...lol....must wait...
Posted Image

Never come between a Capn and his..uh..AstroSponge? No, no...Never come between a CapnAstro and his Sponge! Uh.....this doesn't work as well as the other guys names..

I am..

Posted Image

#16 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 06 June 2007 - 04:36 PM

Deep breaths... Friday is not far away :sad:

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#17 Athem

Athem

title available

• Members
  • 307 posts
  • Projects:Destiny of Dunedain

Posted 06 June 2007 - 05:07 PM

when want to be a new updated PDF for download?
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature

#18 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 06 June 2007 - 05:46 PM

I don't really know... but I'm aiming for this weekend, right after the new Beta is out. Those PDFs take a little time to layout and write :sad:

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#19 Uruk King

Uruk King

Lore-abiding citizen

• Project Team
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 05:56 PM

Congrats to all you guys :p

I recomend that you need to show a bit more respect for the modders, nothing can be made a promise in this Mod,or any mod for that matter.

You dont really have a right to tell someone to be respect modders more when you basicly told Celeglin (a modder for RA and his own mod, TEA, and an admin for revora) to go fuck himself.

I wish you never mentioned that. :sad:

That was ages ago on the RA forums, I've learned to respect people and take jokes the hard way and nearly got myself in trouble with Dain and the rest of the crew. But they had the decency not to ban me. Because what am I? Nothing. Besides I apologised, put the blame on me, and Cel forgave me (I hope). You didn't have to take it too these forums. And on the latter comment on WotR, I was merely saying that I was in no hurry for WotR to be finished.

*leaves the PC*
I will remember Rhovanion Alliance, RIP .

Posted Image

#20 clonecommand

clonecommand

title available

• Members
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 07:34 PM

That was cruel, adummy. I don't want to say that to a admin, but Uruk King apolgized for something he did in the past. People can learn from their mistakes. No need to bring up past um..grieviances.

I think I count 4 times Nazgul has used the :mad: smily (hah!). I was the honorary reciever of one.

This news is excellent! Last day of school was today, so i got time on my hands!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users