#1 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 09 June 2007 - 04:13 PM

This is where I'd like all Comments, Ideas and Suggestions for Beta 4.5...

Accepted Suggestions will go into ToDO List! ;)

Edited by Nazgûl, 08 October 2007 - 07:38 AM.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#2 Gherrick

Gherrick

Drunken Bastard

• Project Team
  • 374 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 04:21 PM

Black Arrows on Rohan Archers. Give them maybe Rohan Arrows with green fx or sth. but NOT Dale Black Arrows :(
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 clonecommand

clonecommand

title available

• Members
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 04:27 PM

I don't see what's wrong with the black arrows...

I'm sure this has always been there, but for some reason, slaughter houses don't have much of a difference between rank 1 and 3. 27 (?) to 33 resources. And for some reason, the productions changes randomly :0

MotW AI seems to be too strong. They buy heros uber fast. In 10min, they had every hero (except the eagle) thrown at me. That includes Rohan heros.

Give Morgul Orcs a new selected face (in the Palantir area). It looks almost comical.

btw, Black Uruks ROCK!

Also, for Isengard and Mordor, give the walls the hidden gate ability.

#4 CapnAstroSponge

CapnAstroSponge

title available

• Members
  • 299 posts
  • Projects:Trolling the S.E.E Boards

Posted 09 June 2007 - 04:30 PM

Maybe give Horses to all MotW, perhaps even Elves, heroes. Perhaps it could replace stances in the command list. My reasoning is that Horse Riding in Middle-Earth is somewhat like Car Driving here, So it shouldn't be an exclusive skill to about 5 heroes in one faction. I've a feeling this would be hard though, you'd have to come up with new riding animations, new attack animations, and stuff like that. And, it would almost give an unfair advantage to factions with all heroes being able to mount, giving a rushed feeling back to the game. So, I understand if you don't use it, I'm just thinking it may be worth thinking about.
Posted Image

Never come between a Capn and his..uh..AstroSponge? No, no...Never come between a CapnAstro and his Sponge! Uh.....this doesn't work as well as the other guys names..

I am..

Posted Image

#5 Athem

Athem

title available

• Members
  • 307 posts
  • Projects:Destiny of Dunedain

Posted 09 June 2007 - 04:38 PM

Dwarves need more heroes... They have only 3 (+ eagle)!!! Again other faction is that few(or little? dont know) ;)
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature

#6 Gorkounov

Gorkounov
  • Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 04:40 PM

They should amke shelob climb on mountains and stuff. It should still be there if your playing the normal version of bfmeII.

Don't know why it was removed in SEE?
Posted Image

#7 Gherrick

Gherrick

Drunken Bastard

• Project Team
  • 374 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 04:40 PM

No worries it will be done in Beta V
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 Athem

Athem

title available

• Members
  • 307 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 04:47 PM

I have only one question: Dol Amroth knights summoning spell want to be in BETA V?
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature

#9 Gherrick

Gherrick

Drunken Bastard

• Project Team
  • 374 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 04:48 PM

Yeah. At least Nazzie told us so. ;)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#10 Strider

Strider
  • Members
  • 190 posts
  •  Helpful Wanderer

Posted 09 June 2007 - 05:48 PM

-Mordor Walls should have the expansions(Tower, Catapult). They are all in Dol Duldar.

-Mens Heros are too cheap(except for Gandalf and Aragorn).

-Isengard needs a different statue besides Sauron.

-Give Goblins the Summon Smaug power instead of SUmmon Dragon and just put Dragon Strike back in for Isengard.

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#11 Athem

Athem

title available

• Members
  • 307 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 05:52 PM

-Mordor Walls should have the expansions(Tower, Catapult). They are all in Dol Duldar.

Ehm .... that's Dol Guldur. ;)
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

#12 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 09 June 2007 - 07:25 PM

I don't see what's wrong with the black arrows...
> Me neither? Most complain when units lack powers, and when they have them it's still not good? ;) I guess the "problem" is that Dale Archers have them and that they originated from there? Well making powers is not exactly like making a sandwich u know... But we'll see if we can change it into something different for Beta V. Or maybe just rename them? They need some kind of power to be even remotely interesting...

I'm sure this has always been there, but for some reason, slaughter houses don't have much of a difference between rank 1 and 3. 27 (?) to 33 resources. And for some reason, the productions changes randomly :0
> The stats are from the original game I guess... You mean you want them increased I presume? Yeah we'll see... The radnom part I have ni idea what u mean. Note that terrain makes difference to the percentage of 100% given though, but u know that right?

MotW AI seems to be too strong. They buy heros uber fast. In 10min, they had every hero (except the eagle) thrown at me. That includes Rohan heros.
> Cause of all the nagging about "when will this beta come? You said this and that? You promised? gah gah gah... Give us our beta IV NOW!" lol... we decided to release it this friday but we coould have done much more fixes if the forum users had stopped nagging about the release ;) Rohan heroes will not be spawned by the AI until they have built Rohan Golden Hall - in Beta V. We had no time to fix that so the AI can go by our coding and spawn Rohan heroes before the Golden Hall is built... But it will be fixed (I hope). The rest of Rohan stuff won't show until late game though... Other than that they are not that much stronger than anyone else. Play on Hard and not Brutal though!

Give Morgul Orcs a new selected face (in the Palantir area). It looks almost comical.
> Pffft - I spent quite some time on that one. It's an Orc face and an Orc helmet from a totally different picture, merged into one. I love that pic, in fact I think it came out awesome, and I will never change it. Use a Post It note on the screen area if you don't like it! ;)

btw, Black Uruks ROCK!
> Hell yeah! :thumbsupsmiley:

Also, for Isengard and Mordor, give the walls the hidden gate ability.
> I HATE that thing and I'd rather have it removed for all factions...

Maybe give Horses to all MotW, perhaps even Elves, heroes. Perhaps it could replace stances in the command list. My reasoning is that Horse Riding in Middle-Earth is somewhat like Car Driving here, So it shouldn't be an exclusive skill to about 5 heroes in one faction. I've a feeling this would be hard though, you'd have to come up with new riding animations, new attack animations, and stuff like that. And, it would almost give an unfair advantage to factions with all heroes being able to mount, giving a rushed feeling back to the game. So, I understand if you don't use it, I'm just thinking it may be worth thinking about.
> I understand your point and I've thought about it too, but yes, you are right. That would mean loads of modeling work and I think we have far more important issues to deal with before given any attention to that thing. But I agree... I would like that too, at least for MotW.

Dwarves need more heroes... They have only 3 (+ eagle)!!! Again other faction is that few(or little? dont know) :blush:
> Yes they do, and they will have it!

They should amke shelob climb on mountains and stuff. It should still be there if your playing the normal version of bfmeII. Don't know why it was removed in SEE?
> No such thing was removed from SEE. Shelob has never been able to climb mountains and such. NO unit can linger or in any way use the "non moveable" areas of the map, not even her. If a Fellbeast or Eagle fall, they won't even land there... So I have no idea where you got that from "removed from SEE"?

I did however ad the ability to climb WALLS, cause that she did NOT have in the retail version of BFME2...

I have only one question: Dol Amroth knights summoning spell want to be in BETA V?
> I have no idea if they "want to be" in Beta V... lol... but they WILL be! ;)

> Please do them for us? ;) Modeling and remapping those things are pure HELL, and Flameguard is truly a trooper for just doing the wall segment actually. But as soon as you want to ad, animate and in any way work on the Dol Guldur walls and accessories you have to edit the model which sucks BIG time...

> You think? Compared to what? :mellow:

> They will get Saruman...

-Give Goblins the Summon Smaug power instead of SUmmon Dragon and just put Dragon Strike back in for Isengard.
> The Spell Book powers will be extensivly overworked for Beta V and all dragons will be in Goblin faction...

Edited by Nazgûl, 09 June 2007 - 07:30 PM.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#13 adummy

adummy

Keep it Clean!

• Project Team
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 07:47 PM

They should amke shelob climb on mountains and stuff. It should still be there if your playing the normal version of bfmeII. Don't know why it was removed in SEE?
> No such thing was removed from SEE. Shelob has never been able to climb mountains and such. NO unit can linger or in any way use the "non moveable" areas of the map, not even her. If a Fellbeast or Eagle fall, they won't even land there... So I have no idea where you got that from "removed from SEE"?

I did however ad the ability to climb WALLS, cause that she did NOT have in the retail version of BFME2...

Shelob could climb over unpassible areas in 1.06 :thumbsupsmiley:
Posted Image

#14 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts
  • Projects:S.E.E., Sage A.I., Code Advisor
  •  'Axe'er of the Gordic Knot

Posted 09 June 2007 - 07:50 PM

To fix that i need to check the difference in the inis for 1.06 and for the modded ones. I believe they were based on an older patch version. Damn. Good to know! :thumbsupsmiley:

bannerreal01mittelit3.jpg
Axed Head and A.I. Coder for S.E.E. and ... stuff

".. coding is basically boring. What's fun is finding out how things work, take them apart and then put them together in ways that were not intended nor even conceived."

#15 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 09 June 2007 - 08:19 PM

I concurr... if it can be done... let's ad it for Beta V :thumbsupsmiley:

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#16 Strider

Strider
  • Members
  • 190 posts
  •  Helpful Wanderer

Posted 09 June 2007 - 11:00 PM

> Please do them for us? :mellow: Modeling and remapping those things are pure HELL, and Flameguard is truly a trooper for just doing the wall segment actually. But as soon as you want to ad, animate and in any way work on the Dol Guldur walls and accessories you have to edit the model which sucks BIG time...

> You think? Compared to what? :thumbsupsmiley:

> They will get Saruman...

> The Spell Book powers will be extensivly overworked for Beta V and all dragons will be in Goblin faction...

-If its to much trouble to do so, its fine. I dont have a clue how hard it is to do different things in modding so its easier to just suggest everything.

-Most men heros have their BFME1 price. Eowyn is only like 1000. She is worth alot more then that. Almost all the other heros are worth more then their price. The AI now gets all the heros early on for a price less then what they should pay for such a collection of heros.

-My brother also had the idea of changeing it so when a match starts your fortress will face the center of the map, like in BFME1.

QUOTE(Strider @ Jun 9 2007, 07:48 PM)

Ehm .... that's Dol Guldur.

That was a typo.

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#17 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 09 June 2007 - 11:31 PM

-If its to much trouble to do so, its fine. I dont have a clue how hard it is to do different things in modding so its easier to just suggest everything.

> Yeah it's a pain in the but, but maybe our modelers can work more on this later on though =)

-Most men heros have their BFME1 price. Eowyn is only like 1000. She is worth alot more then that. Almost all the other heros are worth more then their price. The AI now gets all the heros early on for a price less then what they should pay for such a collection of heros.

> I tend to agree with you, but I tried to keep them low after beeing spammed with complaints about them being to expansive before, hehe. But I'd like to make all heroes more expensive too...

-My brother also had the idea of changeing it so when a match starts your fortress will face the center of the map, like in BFME1.

> That I'm afraid is impossible due to too much map editing

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#18 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts
  • Projects:S.E.E., Sage A.I., Code Advisor
  •  'Axe'er of the Gordic Knot

Posted 09 June 2007 - 11:38 PM

I will continue trying to find out, how the maps in the wotr-mode are started. You don't have a fortress at the beginning, yet the game is not instantly over. Maybe it would be good to start with just a porter that simply sets up the fortress right at the beginning (within certain bounds), maybe even with an extra build-boost. The AI in the wotr battles seems perfectly capable to accomplish that too.

bannerreal01mittelit3.jpg
Axed Head and A.I. Coder for S.E.E. and ... stuff

".. coding is basically boring. What's fun is finding out how things work, take them apart and then put them together in ways that were not intended nor even conceived."

#19 Uruk King

Uruk King

Lore-abiding citizen

• Project Team
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 05:40 AM

Like I was trying to suggest on the private forums. Satting ho the elite units for each faction have at least one special ablility. Well the only faction without elite units is the Goblins. And ablilities need to be decided for Tower and Royal Guards
I will remember Rhovanion Alliance, RIP .

Posted Image

#20 Guest_Guest_idrial_*_*

Guest_Guest_idrial_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 June 2007 - 10:09 AM

Hi

(sorry all, but I small speak english)

My tips in beta V version:

Men: more heroes: Gamling, Hama, Imrahil
Ring hero: Gandalf or Isildur or Denethor or Boromi or ...
(mini heroes: Gamling (Recuit stables) Hama (Recuit Stables) Beregond (Recuit Baraks) Damrod (Recuit Archery Range))
more army: Rohirim Royal Guard (Theoden Body Guard's horse men)
Gondor Pikes
More Ability: Theoden: Level 7 Rohirim Alliance
Ranger: Change weapon
Elves: Ring hero: Gil-Galad or Galadriel new powers
(mini heroes: Haldir (recuit elven baraks), Elrohir (recuit elven stables))
More Ability: Celeborn: change all powers. add: Lorien alliance, Leadhership, Athelas, ...
Haldir: level 7 Elven Guards alliance
Arwen: Level 6 Eagles alliance

Dwarves: more heroes: Balin, Thorin, King of Dale (name i can't)
Ring hero: Durin
(mini heroes: Brand (Recuit Dale house))

Isengard: Ring hero: Saruman new powers
(mini heroes: Uglug (recuit uruk pit))
More Ability: Uglug: Level 10 Uruk-hai Alliance, Level 6 Eat uruk-hai

Mordor: Ring hero: Sauron
(mini heroes: Shagrat and Gorbag (recuit ork pit), Mahud (recuit Mumakill pen)
More Ability: Shagrat: level 5 bloody range
Gothmog: level 10 Morgul Alliance

Goblins: new hero: Troll of Moria, Azog
ring hero: Balrog or Drogoth or Smaug or ...
(mini heroes: Troll of Moria (recuit Cave), Azog (recuit goblin cave)
More Ability: Shelob: Level 8 eat enemy level 6 ..... Alliance

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users