Gil-galad model

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 My_Hour1

My_Hour1
  • New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 12:03 AM

Hey im a very big noob to modelling but i made this gil galad model please tell em what you think.

Skin made by EA/Me i just added some gil-galad things on eg face garments edited armour to make it more shiny.

-Model is elrond with glorfindel's cape and i made elronds sword bigger to look like a spear.

Now all i have to do is figure out how to put it into the game lol.

Posted Image

"The sky has fallen"

#2 Clement

Clement

title available

• Network Staff
  • 1,442 posts
  • Projects:Various
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Developer

Posted 28 June 2007 - 12:23 AM

Hey, it's a very good job for a irst skin!

However you should use RenX, not Gmax ;)
Posted Image

#3 ROAModder2007

ROAModder2007
  • Project Team
  • 82 posts
  • Projects:Return of Angband
  •  ROA Palantir Image Creator

Posted 28 June 2007 - 12:32 AM

I liike the model and yes I could do no better because i cannot skin but the only thing is you can definitly tell that is elrond but overall that is amazing!
Posted Image

signature and avatar made by...ROAModder2007:)

if you like nice juicy chicken then put this in your signature .:.('.').:.

#4 My_Hour1

My_Hour1
  • New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 03:47 AM

thanks for the feedback guys. Yep i just exported it using renx i think i did it right ;), Yeah i know it looks like elrond but you gotta remember elrond and gil galad shared alot of the same armour and robes just a few things different on gil-galad eg. cape blue dressings and a gold crown on his head (hard to see but it is there) and the spear. My questions are how do i animate him or can i use the normal elrond animations and how do i put him into the game i think i know the second question just wanna check if im doing it right. BTW yes i have checked the tuts but there not very helpful with this kida thing.

#5 Pixel

Pixel

• Hosted
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 09:56 AM

Over all very nice work for a first texture/model.

To get him animated, You must import the Skeleton you wish for him to use, Bind it, Export it. I suggest using Tower Guards Skeleton and Animations for Gil-Galad.

To get him ingame, You will need to create a object.ini for him, You can clone and edit a current one to feet your needs. Once created his object.ini (Gilgalad.ini) You will then need to add his name to the Buildable heros list in Playertemplate.ini for the faction you wish to use him on.

If you get stuck just ask questions, People will help you out ;)

#6 My_Hour1

My_Hour1
  • New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 10:54 PM

Thanks alot flameguard! Yeah binding and skeletons are the only things i have trouble with i know how to edit ini its about the only thing i know how to do so i thought id try moddelling. Do you have msn? or would you like me to pm you with any questions i have?

#7 Bart

Bart

• Network Admins
  • 8,524 posts
  • Job:Network Leader

Posted 28 June 2007 - 11:02 PM

Do you have msn? or would you like me to pm you with any questions i have?

ask questions here. see also this part in the guidelines :p:

Don't ask members for help trough PM, Live Messenger or other such things. Firstlym most people don't appreciate that. Secondly, it won't do you any good, a question on the forum is viewed by more people and thus has a higher chance of being answered. Of course this doesn't apply if somebody offers you himself to contact him trough any of those private channels.

bartvh | Join me, make your signature small!
Einstein: "We can’t solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

#8 Pixel

Pixel

• Hosted
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 01:50 PM

I dont mind anyone contacting me for help, My msn address can be found on my profile Here , Ill do the best i can to assist anyone with problems.

Thanks,
FlameGuard

Edited by FlameGuard, 29 June 2007 - 01:50 PM.

#9 Bart

Bart

• Network Admins
  • 8,524 posts
  • Job:Network Leader

Posted 29 June 2007 - 07:03 PM

in that case you fall under section 2.1.30 appendix B7, :p a.k.a.

Don't ask members for help trough PM, Live Messenger or other such things. Firstlym most people don't appreciate that. Secondly, it won't do you any good, a question on the forum is viewed by more people and thus has a higher chance of being answered. Of course this doesn't apply if somebody offers you himself to contact him trough any of those private channels.

however, the other points remain valid
bartvh | Join me, make your signature small!
Einstein: "We can’t solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

#10 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  • Projects:It'sa secreeet
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Expert
  • Donated

Posted 02 July 2007 - 04:38 PM

"Yeah i know it looks like elrond but you gotta remember elrond and gil galad shared alot of the same armour and robes just a few things different on gil-galad eg. cape blue dressings and a gold crown on his head"

I disagree, they may have worn similar armour but thats because of the age, that was the armour style of elves then, but their overall gear was rather different entierly, elrond was more slim and compact more designed for fighting, while gil-galad was more kingly (seeing as he was an elven king) and his gear was more elegant robes and long cloak. This is a good place to look : http://www.alleycats...f/Gil-Galad.htm

https://www.twitch.tv/vileartist - Yes shameless self-promotion

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Old modders never die, they just fade away" ~ Hostile

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users