• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 mike_

mike_

Student of Homer.

• Global Moderators
  • 4,323 posts
  • Projects:The Peloponnesian Wars Mod.
  •  There are no heroes, no villains - only decisions.
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator

Posted 16 December 2007 - 06:04 PM

Okay, here's some book quotes for Naz, Sul, and anyone else who might benefit from them.
So, let's begin:

Isengard.

"Here lie many are not folk of Mordor. Some are from the North, from the Misty Mountains...others strange to me. Their gear is not after the manner of Orcs at all!"
-Aragorn, Page 405, The Departure of Boromir, Book III, The Two Towers.
"There were four goblin-soldiers of greater stature, swart, slant-eyed, with thick legs and large hands. They were armed with short broad-bladed swords, not with the curved scimitars usual with Orcs; and they had bows of yew, in length and shape like the bows of Men. Upon their shields they bore a strange device: a small white hand in the centre of a black field; on the front of their iron helms was set an S-rune, wrought of some white metal."
-Pages 405-6, The Departure of Boromir, Book III, The Two Towers.
"Pursuers from Moria may have escaped the vigilance of Lorien, or they may have avoided that land and come to Isengard by other paths. Orcs travel fast. But Saruman has many ways of learning news. Do you remember the birds?"
-Aragorn, Page 406, The Departure of Boromir, Book III, The Two Towers.
"Apparently the members of two or thre quite different tribes were present, and they could not understand one another's orc-speech. There was an angry debate concerning what they were to now: which way they were to take and what should be done with the prisoners."
-Page 435, The Uruk-Hai, Book III, The Two Towers.
"We are the fighting Uruk-hai! We slew the great warrior. We took the prisoners. We are the servants of Saruman the Wise, the White Hand: the Hand that gives us man's flesh to eat. We came out of Isengard, and led you here, and we shall lead you back by the way we choose. I am Ugluck. I have spoken."
-Ugluk, Page 436, The Uruk-Hai, Book III, The Two Towers.
"The Orcs were getting ready to march again, but some of the Northerners were still unwilling, and the Isengarders slew two more before the rest were cowed."
-Page 437, The Uruk-Hai, Book III, The Two Towers.
"'But we can't run in the sunlight.'
'You'll run with me behind you,' said Ugluk. 'Run! Or you'll never see your beloved holes again. By the White Hand! What's the use of sending out mountain-maggots on a trip, only half trained. Run, curse you! Run while night lasts!'"
-Ugluk, Page 439, The Uruk-Hai, Book III, The Two Towers.
"'There's only one thing those maggots can do: they can see like gimlets in the dark."
-Ugluk, Page 444, The Uruk-Hai, Book III, The Two Towers.
"Merry and Pippin heard, clear in the cold air, the neighing of war-horses, and the sudden singing of many men. The Sun's limb was lifted, an arc of fire above the margin of the world. Then with a great cry the Riders yelled and shot all the arrows that remained to them. The hobbits saw several horsemen fall; but their line held on up the hill and over it, and wheeled round and charged again. Most of the raiders that were left alive then broke and fled, this way and that, purued one by one to the death. But one band, holding together in a black wedge, drove forward resolutely in the direction of the forest. Straight up the slope they charged towards the watchers. Now they were drawing near, and it seemed certain that they would escape: they had already hewn down three Riders that barred their way."
-Page 449, The Uruk-Hai, Book III, The Two Towers.
"Then the Orcs screamed, waving spear and sword, and shooting a cloud of arrows at any that stood revealed upon the battlements; and the men of the Mark amazed looked out, as it seemed to them, upon a great field of dark corn, tossed by a tempest of war, and every ear glinted with barbed light."
-Pages 520-1, Helm's Deep, Book III, The Two Towers.
"Again trumpets rang, and a press of roaring men leaped forth. They held their great shields above them like a roof, while in their midst they bore two trunks of mighty trees. Behind them orc-archers crowded, sending a hail of darts against the bowmen on the walls."
-Page 521, Helm's Deep, Book III, The Two Towers.
"...'but I looked on the hillmen and they seemed over large for me, so I sat beside a stone to see your sword-play.'"
-Gimli, Page 522, Helm's Deep, Book III, The Two Towers.
"...there came a blare of trumpets. Then there was a crash and a flash of flame and smoke."
-Page 525, Helm's Deep, Book III, The Two Towers.
"The Orcs yelled and jeered. 'Come down! Come down!' they cried. 'If you wish to speak to us, come down! Bring out your king! We are the fighting Uruk-hai. We will fetch him from his hole, if he does not come. Bring out your skulking king!'"
-The Uruk-hai, Page 527, Helm's Deep, Book III, The Two Towers.
"...that Saruman had given special orders that Theodred should at all costs be slain. At the first battle all his fiercest warriors were engaged in reckless assults upon Theodred and his guard, disregarding other events of the battle which might have resulted on a much more damaging defeat for the Rohirrim."
-Page 355, Unfinished Tales, The Battles Of The Fords Of Isen
"... was it possible for large forces, especially those heavily armed or mounted..."
-Page 356, Unfinished Tales, The Battles Of The Fords Of Isen
"The enemy was in fact in positions prepared for the event, behind trenches manned by pikemen..."
Page 357, Unfinished Tales, The Battles Of The Fords Of Isen
"In it's van were some Dunlending Horsemen and a great pack of the dreadful Orcish Wolfriders, feared by horses. Behind them came two battalions of the fierce Uruks, heavily armed but trained to move at great speed for many miles. The Horse-men and wolfriders fell on the horse herds and picketed horses and slew or dispersed them."
-Page 357, Unfinished Tales, The Battles Of The Fords Of Isen
"...there appeared a company of men or orc-men (evidently dispatched for this purpose), ferocious, mail-clad, and armed with axes."
-Page 357, Unfinished Tales, The Battles Of The Fords Of Isen
"As he looked eastward dismayed by the sounds of battle and the hideous orc cries of victory. he saw the axe-men..."
-Page 357-8, Unfinished Tales, The Battles Of The Fords Of Isen

Rohan.

"Yellow is their hair, and bright are their spears. Their leader is very tall."
-Legolas, Page 420, The Riders of Rohan, Book III, The Two Towers.
"...a long line of mail-clad men, swift, shining, fell and fair to look upon."
-Page 421, The Riders of Rohan, Book III, The Two Towers.
"Their horses were of great stature, strong and clean-limbed; their grey coats glistened, their long tails flowed in the wind, their manes were braided on their proud necks. The Men that rode them matched them well: tall and long-limbed; their hair, flaxen-pale, flowed under their light helms, and streamed in long braids behind them; their faces were stern and keen. In their hands were tall spears of ash, painted shields were slung at their backs, long swords were at their belts, their burnished shirts of mail hung down upon their knees."
"With astonishing speed and skill they checked their steeds, wheeled, and came charging round."
"Very swift were the horses of Rohan."
-Page 429, The Riders of Rohan, Book III, The Two Towers.
"A few of the riders appeared to be bowmen, skilled at shooting from a running horse."
-Page 443, The Riders of Rohan, Book III, The Two Towers.

Moria.

"...a great dark wolf-shape could be seen halted, gazing at them. A shuddering howl broke from him, as if he were a captain summoing his pack to the assault."
-Page 290, A Journey in the Dark, Book II, The Fellowship of the Ring.
"...through the throat of one huge leader...of a great wolf-chieftan..."
-Page 291, A Journey in the Dark, Book II, The Fellowship of the Ring.
"'It is as I feared,' said Gandalf. 'These were no ordinary wolves hunting for food in the wilderness. Let us eat quickly and go!'"
-Page 291, A Journey in the Dark, Book II, The Fellowship of the Ring.
"There are older and fouler things than Orcs in the deep places of the world.'"
-Page 301, A Journey in the Dark, Book II, The Fellowship of the Ring.
"...orc scimitars with blackened blades."
-Page 313, The Bridge of Khazad-dum, Book II, The Fellowship of the Ring.
"...drums, drums in the deep...they are coming."
-Page 314, The Bridge of Khazad-dum, Book II, The Fellowship of the Ring.
"'There are Orcs, very many of them,' he said. 'And some are large and evil: black Uruks of Mordor. For the moment they are hanging back, but there is something else there. A great cave-troll, I think, or more than one."
-Boromir, Page 316, The Bridge of Khazad-dum, Book II, The Fellowship of the Ring.
"...a huge orc-chieftan, almost man-high, clad in black mail from head to foot, leaped into the chamber; behind him his followers clustered in the doorway. His broad flat face was swart, his eyes were like coals, and his tongue was red; he wielded a great spear. With a thrust of his huge hide shield he turned Boromir's sword and bore him backwards, throwing him to the ground. Diving under Aragorn's blow with the speed of a striking snake he charged into the Company...Frodo was hurled against the wall and pinned...But even as the orc flung down the truncheon and swept out his scimitar..."
-Page 317, The Bridge of Khazad-dum, Book II, The Fellowship of the Ring.
---
I'll update soon, with Gondor.
Cheers,
-mike

Edited by elfhelm.., 02 January 2008 - 10:18 PM.

#2 Mordor Slayer

Mordor Slayer

SEE Marketing Manager

• Project Team
  • 1,424 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition

Posted 16 December 2007 - 07:02 PM

Wow, awesome work :rolleyes: ! Did you get them from the books or from a site?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 mike_

mike_

Student of Homer.

• Global Moderators
  • 4,323 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 01:47 AM

The books. What I do is scan through the pages until I find a suitable quote.
Cheers,
-mike

#4 Mordor Slayer

Mordor Slayer

SEE Marketing Manager

• Project Team
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 10:45 AM

I'm getting a little thought here: maybe we can use these quotations to show during the loading pages (kinda like in Rome and Med: TW).
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#5 DragonLord

DragonLord
  • Members
  • 44 posts
  • Projects:Nazgul's Special Extended Edition (Player)
  •  Ruler of Dwarves

Posted 17 December 2007 - 10:36 PM

We need dwarf quotes, like from the hobbit and elsewhere. :lol:
Posted Image

The Valar had to nerf Dwarves, or we would of taken over the world before it even began... :D

#6 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 22 December 2007 - 12:58 PM

I'm getting a little thought here: maybe we can use these quotations to show during the loading pages (kinda like in Rome and Med: TW).

That's a nice touch, and I would like that for sure. Don't think it's possible though... and the pages are not shown that long :/

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#7 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts
  • Projects:S.E.E., Sage A.I., Code Advisor
  •  'Axe'er of the Gordic Knot

Posted 22 December 2007 - 09:11 PM

It's possible. The texts are referenced in lotr.str. The references to the maps are in a special file (just like the references to the small picture that shows when loading). The length of the loadtime - the length that you are able to read the text - depends on your grafical settings plus the speed of your machine. Since most people don't have high-end engines, i think it would be nice to add. :lol:

bannerreal01mittelit3.jpg
Axed Head and A.I. Coder for S.E.E. and ... stuff

".. coding is basically boring. What's fun is finding out how things work, take them apart and then put them together in ways that were not intended nor even conceived."

#8 mike_

mike_

Student of Homer.

• Global Moderators
  • 4,323 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 06:59 PM

And I'll bet you all thought I'd quit, eh? :dry:
"And seated a little apart was a tall man with a fair and noble face, dark-haired and grey-eyed, proud and stern of glance. He was cloaked and booted as if for a journey on horseback; and indeed though his garments were rich, and his cloak was lined with fur, they were stained with long travel. He had a collar of silver in which a single white stone was set; his locks were shorn about his shoulders. On a baldric he wore a great horn tipped with silver that now was laid upon his knees..."
-Page 234, The Council of Elrond, Book II, The Fellowship of the Ring.
"High towers that people built, and strong places, and havens of many ships..."
-Elrond, Page 238, The Council of Elrond, Book II, The Fellowship of the Ring.
"...at once Boromir stood up, tall and proud..."
-Page 239, The Council of Elrond, Book II, The Fellowship of the Ring.
"'Only a remnant of our eastern force came back, destroying the last bridge that still stood amid the ruins of Osgiliath.'"
-Boromir, Page 239, The Council of Elrond, Book II, The Fellowship of the Ring.
"'I was in the company that held the bridge, until it was cast down behind us. Four only were saved by swimming: my brother and myself and two others. But still we fight on, holding all the west shores of Anduin; and those who shelter behind us give us praise, if ever they hear our name...Only from Rohan now will any men ride to us when we call."
-Boromir, Page 239, The Council of Elrond, Book II, The Fellowship of the Ring.
"Boromir had a long sword, in fashion like Anduil but of less ineage, and he bore also a shield and his war-horn."
-Page 272, The Ring Goes South, Book II, The Fellowship of the Ring.
"His helms they set beside him..."
-Page 406, The Departure of Boromir, Book III, The Two Towers.
"Four tall Men stood there. Two had spears in their hands with broad bright heads. Two had great bows, almost of their own height, and great quivers of long green-feathered arrows. All had swords at their sides, and were clad in green and brown of varied hues, as if the better to walk unseen in the glades of Ithilien. Green gauntlets covered their hands, and their faces were hooded and masked with green, except for their eyes, which were very keen and bright. At once Frodo thought of Boromir, for these Men were like him in stature and bearing, and in their manner of speech."
Page 642, Of Herbs and Stewed Rabbit, Book IV, The Two Towers.
"The tall green man laughed grimly. 'I am Faramir, Captain of Gondor,' he said. 'But there are no travellers in this land: only the servants of teh Dark Tower, or of the White.'"
-Faramir, Page 643, Of Herbs and Stewed Rabbit, Book IV, The Two Towers.
"...that Boromir son of Denethor was High Warden of the White Tower, and our Captain-General: sorely do we miss him..."
-Faramir, Page 643, Of Herbs and Stewed Rabbit, Book IV, The Two Towers.
"They took off their masks now and again to cool them...they were goodly men, pale-skinned, dark of hair, with grey eyes and faces sad and proud."
-Page 644, Of Herbs and Stewed Rabbit, Book IV, The Two Towers.
"They named themselves mablung and Damrod, soldiers of Gondor, and they were Rangers of Ithilien; for they were descended from folk who lived in Ithilien at one time, before it was overrun. And from such men the Lord Denethor chose his forayers, who crossed the Anduin secretly..."
-Page 644, Of Herbs and Stewed Rabbit, Book IV, The Two Towers.
"...he saw that many more Men were about. He could see them stealing up the slopes, singly or in long files, keeping always to the shade of grove or thicket, or crawling, hardly visible in their brown and green raiment, through grass and brake. All were hooded and masked, and had gauntlets on their hands, and were armed like Faramir and his companions."
-Page 645, Of Herbs and Stewed Rabbit, Book IV, The Two Towers.
"He could hear plainly the ringing grate of steel on steel, the clang of sword on iron cap, the dull beat of blade on shield; men were yelling and screaming, and one clear loud voice was calling Gondor! Gondor!"
-Page 646, Of Herbs and Stewed Rabbit, Book IV, The Two Towers.
"...and Faramir had come back. He had brought many men with him; indeed all the survivors of the foray were now gathered on the lsope nearby, two or three hundred strong. They sat in a wide semicircle..."
-Page 648, The Window on the West, Book IV, The Two Towers.
---
Oi...That's everything I could find in the first two books...I'll check Return of the King later.
Cheers,
-mike

Edited by elfhelm.., 02 January 2008 - 09:15 PM.

#9 mike_

mike_

Student of Homer.

• Global Moderators
  • 4,323 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 10:17 PM

Yar, ignore me xD
---
"The beacons of Gondor are alight, calling for aid."
-Gandalf, Page 731, Minas Tirith, Book V, The Return of the King.
"Many tall men heavily cloaked stood beside him, and behind them in the mist loomed a wall of stone."
-Page 732, Minas Tirith, Book V, The Return of the King.
"Even as Pippin gazed in wonder the walls passed from looming grey to white, blushing faintly in the dawn; and suddenly the sun climbed over the eastern shadow and sent forth a shaft that smote the face of the City. Then Pippin cried aloud, for the Tower of Ecthelion, standing high within the topmost wall, shone out against the sky, glimmering like a spike of pearl and silver, tall and fair and shapely, and its pinnacle glittered as if it were wrought of crystals; and white banners broke and fluttered from the battlements in the morning breeze, and high and far he heard a clear ringing as of silver trumpets...For the fashion of Minas Tirith was such that it was built on seven levels, each delved into the hill, and about each was set a wall, and in each wall was a gate. But the gates were not set in a line: the Great Gate in the City Wall was at the east point of the circuit, but the next faced half south, and the third half north, and so to and fro upwards; so that the paved way that climbed towards the Citadel turned first this way and then that across the face of the hill. And each time that it passed the line of the Great Gate it went through an arched tunnel, piercing a vast pier of rock whose huge out-thrust bulk divided in two all the circles of the City save the first. For partly in the primeval shaping of the hill, partly by the mighty craft and labour of old, there stood up from the rear of the wide court behind the Gate a towering bastion of stone, its edge sharp as a ship-keel facing east. Up it rose even to the level of the topmost circle, and there was crowned by a battlement; so that those in the Citadel might, like mariners in a mountainous ship, look from its peak sheer down upon the Gate seven hundred feet below. The entrance to the Citadel also looked eastward, but was delved in the heart of the rock; thence a long lamp-lit slope ran up to the seventh gate. Thus men reached at last the High Court, and the Place of the Fountain before the fet of the White Tower: tall and shapely, fifty fathoms from its base to the pinnacle, where the banner of the Stewards floated a thousand feet above the plain."
-Page 734-5, Minas Tirith, Book V, The Return of the King.
"The Guards of the gate were robed in black, and their helms were of strange shape, high-crowned, with long cheek-guards close-fitting to the face, and above the cheek-guards were set the white wings of sea-birds; but the helms gleamed with a flame of silver, for they were indeed wrought of mithril, heirlooms from the glory of old days. Upon the black surcoats were embroidered in white a tree blossoming like snow beneath a silver crown and many-pointed stars. This was the livery of the heirs of Elendil, and none wore it nowi n all Gondor, save the Guards of the Citadel before the Court of the Fountain where the White Tree once had grown."
-Page 736, Minas Tirith, Book V, The Return of the King.
"...a man, clad in black and white."
-Page 743, Minas Tirith, Book V, The Return of the King.
"Leading the line there came walking a big thick-limbed horse, and on it sat a man of wide shoulders and huge girth, but old and grey-bearded, yet mail-clad and black-helmed and bearing a long heavy spear. Behind him marched proudly a dusty line of men, well-armed and bearing great battle-axes; grim-faced they were, and shorter and somewhat swarthier than any men that Pippin had yet seen in Gondor...the men of Ringlo Vale behind the son of their lord, Dervorin striding on foot: three hundreds. From the uplands of Morthond, the great Blackroot Vale, tall Duinhir with his sons, Duilin and Derufin, and five hundred bowmen. From the Anfals, the Langstrand far away, a long line of men of many sorts, hunters and herdsmen and men of little villages, scantily equipped save for the household of Golasgil their lord. From Lamdedon, a few grim hillmen without a captain. Fisher-folk of the Ethir, some hundred or more spared from the ships. Hirluin the Fair of the Green Hills from Pinnath Gelin with three hundreds of gallant green-clad men. And last and proudest, Imrahil, Prince of Dol Amroth, kinsman of the Lord, with gilded banners bearing his token of the Ship and the Silver Swan, and a company of knights in full harness riding grey horses; and bheind them seven hundres of men at arms, tall as lords, grey-eyed, dark-haired, singing as they came."
-Page 753-4, Minas Tirith, Book V, The Return of the King.
"...strange garments, all of black and silver. He had a small hauberk, its rings forged of steel, maybe, yet black as jet; and a hight-crowned helm with small raven-wings on either side, set with a silver star in the centre of teh circlet. Above teh mail was a short surcoat of black, but broidered on the breast in silver with the token of the Tree. His old clothes were folded and put away, but he was permitted to keep the grey cloak of Lorien, though not to wear it when on duty."
-Page 789, The Siege of Gondor, Book V, The Return of the King.
"...the sound of a trumpet ending on a long high note."
-Page 791, The Siege of Gondor, Book V, The Return of the King.
"He stood up and cast open his long black cloak, and behold! he was clad in mail beneath, and girt with a long sword, great-hilted in a sheath of black and silver."
-Page 800, The Siege of Gondor, Book V, The Return of the King.
"And then a trumpet rang from the Citadel, and Denethor at last released the sortie. Drawn up within the shadow of the Gate and under the looming walls outside they had waited for his signal: all the mounted men that were left in the City. Now they sprang forward, formed, quickened to a gallop, and charged with a great shout. And from the walls an answering shout went up; for foremost on the field rode the swan-knights of Dol Amroth with their Prince and his blue banner at their head."
-Page 802, The Siege of Gondor, Book V, The Return of the King.
"...great engines for the casting of missiles. There were none within the City walls large enough to reach so far or to stay the work."
-Page 804, The Siege of Gondor, Book V, The Return of the King.
"...the Prince of Dol Amroth in his shining mail..."
-Page 806, The Siege of Gondor, Book V, The Return of the King.
"And he held the bright-burnished vambrace that was upon his arm before her cold lips, and behold! a little mist was laid on it hardly to be seen."
-Page 827, The Siege of Gondor, Book V, The Return of the King.
---
And that's about it for the Men of Gondor.
Cheers,
-mike

#10 Mordor Slayer

Mordor Slayer

SEE Marketing Manager

• Project Team
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 01:20 PM

*bump*

Could this be moved to the same forum as my marketing topic (The SEE mod & Forums)? I could use these quotes in my previews.

If you're reading this mike_, could you possibly update this topic with some Mordor quotes? Great work so far ;) !
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#11 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 11 September 2008 - 01:57 PM

Well... it's not really about the SEE mod or the SEE forums :p But it's good stuff. Do use it if you can ;)

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#12 zachdaddy_3000

zachdaddy_3000

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!

• Project Team
  • 580 posts
  • Projects:Nazgul's BFMEII: Special Extended Edition

Posted 11 September 2008 - 05:35 PM

OKAY, Instead of merely skimming the chapter for quotes, I read the whole chapter. I found only a few sentences about siege towers. But I included everything else that came to destroy the White City. Enjoy!

"Then, perceiving that the valour of the City was already beaten down, the hidden Captain put forth his strength. Slowly the great siege-towers built in Osgiliath rolled forward through the dark."

And then another sentence later on.

"Shot and dart fell thick; siege towers crashed or blazed suddenly like torches."

And that was all it said of siege towers, no description or anything, just that they exist. They roll, and they crash and burn.

Mkay, now we get to the good ones.

First, the catapults:

"All day the labour went forward, while the men of Minas Tirith looked on, unable to hinder it. And as each length of trench was completed they could see great wains approaching; and soon yet more companies of the enemy were swiftly setting up, each behind the cover of a trench, great engines for the casting of missles."
"At first men laughed and did not greatly fear such devices. For the main wall of the City was of great height and marvellous thickness, built ere the power and craft of Númenor waned in exile; and its outward face was like to the Tower of Orthanc, hard and dark and smooth, unconquerable by steel or fire, unbreakable except by convulsion that would rend the very earth on which it stood."
"But the engines did not waste shot upon the indomitable wall. It was no brigand or orc-chieftain that ordered the assault upon the Lord of Mordor's greatest foe."
"As soon as the great catapults were set, with many yells and the creaking of rope and winch, they began to throw missles marvellously high, so that they passed right above the battlement and fell thudding withing the first circle of the City; and many of them by some secret art burst into flame as they came toppling down."
"Then among the greater casts there fell another hail, less ruinous but more horrible. All about the streets and lanes behind the Gate it tumbled down, small round shot that did not burn. But when men ran to learn what it might be, they cried aloud or wept. For the enemy was flinging into the City all the heads of those who had fallen fighting at Osgiliath, or on the Rammas, or in the fields."

Mkay, now the múmakil (with a little teaser of GROND):

"There came great beasts, like moving houses in the red and fitful light, the múmakil of the Harad dragging through the lanes amid the fires huge towers and engines. Yet their Captain cared not greatly what they did or how many might be slain: their purpose was only to test the strength of the defence and to keep the men of Gondor busy in many places. It was against the Gate that he would throw his heaviest weight."

AND NOW, GROND!:

"Great engines crawled across the field; and in the midst was a huge ram, great as a forest-tree a hundred feet in length, swinging on mighty chains. Long had it been forging in the dark smithies of Mordor, and its hideous head, founded of black steel, was shaped in the likeness of a ravening wolf; on it spells of ruin lay. Grond they named it, in memory of the Hammer of the Underworld of old. Great beasts drew it, orcs surrounded it, and behind walked mountain-trolls to wield it."
"Grond crawled on. Upon its housing no fire would catch; and though now and again some great beast that hauled it would go made and spread stamping ruin among the orcs innumerable that guarded it, their bodies were cast aside from its path and others took their place."
"The drums rolled and rattled. With a vast rush Grond was hurled forward by huge hands. It reached the Gate. It swung. A deep boom rumbled through the City like thunder running in the clouds. But the doors of iron and posts of steel withstood the stroke."
"Then the Black Captain rose in his stirrups and cried aloud in a dreadful voice, speaking in some forgotten tongue words of power and terror to rend both heart and stone."
"Thrice he cried. Thrice the great ram boomed. And suddenly upon the last stroke the Gate of Gondor broke. As if stricken by some blasting spell it burst asunder: there was a flash of searing lightning, and the doors tumbled in riven fragments to the ground."

Alrighty, that's everything about everything siege-like. I realize that I may have overdone it a little bit. But DAMN is it cool.

Edited by zachdaddy_3000, 11 September 2008 - 05:36 PM.

Do not come between a Zach and his........Zach?

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#13 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 11 September 2008 - 05:57 PM

Nice work Zach! :p

I could pin this though MS ;) Good? =)

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#14 Mordor Slayer

Mordor Slayer

SEE Marketing Manager

• Project Team
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 07:45 PM

Sure!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#15 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 12 September 2008 - 08:13 PM

Good, feel free to fill this thread Mike :p

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#16 mike_

mike_

Student of Homer.

• Global Moderators
  • 4,323 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 04:32 PM

I will when I find the time :xd:

#17 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 13 September 2008 - 08:22 PM

Sure, thanks :xd:

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#18 mike_

mike_

Student of Homer.

• Global Moderators
  • 4,323 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 08:23 PM

Though, just to say...these aren't exclusive to SEE. Anyone that needs them may use them so long as I am credited.

#19 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 13 September 2008 - 08:27 PM

Off course, I wouldn't dream of trying to "claim" them =p

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#20 Mordor Slayer

Mordor Slayer

SEE Marketing Manager

• Project Team
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 09:35 AM

Ok guys, I need some quotes about Edoras from the English version of the books (obviously). Any help?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users