Photo

Player Death System

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Poll: Player Death System

When should we roll, and who for?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Cheshire Fox

Cheshire Fox

El Hombre Sinestro

• Hosted
  • 755 posts
  • Projects:Keeping Apocalypse and Wrath alive
  •  Apocalypse Admin, Wrath of Orion Admin

Posted 25 January 2008 - 08:13 PM

Well, me and FZM have been discussing a system by which players could be killed without them deciding to be (to which we must give credit to Pasti). Hopefully, this will add a lot of depth to the RP, and pump up the excitement quite a bit. We've worked it out pretty good now but we've just a got a few things left to decide. Instead of our usual practice of cackling maniacally and making decisions over which you have no control, we decided to open a poll.

Here are some of the things we HAVE decided:

The system will work through me or FZM rolling dice. Higher numbers = bad things. A certain range of numbers will mean you're in the safe zone, a certain range will result in injury (the severity depending on how high we roll most likely) and the highest range resulting in death.

You will be PMed if we roll death, and be given the choice of writing your own outro or us writing one for you. You may also just kill of your character at any time as would've been done before the introduction of the system.

New players will be given a "grace period" where they will not be killed

You can choose whether or not you are willing to put your character up for death. We will have a "willing to die" list.

There will be certain "modifiers" that effect the numbers we roll. For instance, being very experienced at killing zombies or having previous military training will lower your number. Other players diving in and lending a hand will also lower your number considerably. Your past history will also effect it.

A bit more detail on the options...

1. Meaning that once or twice a week (possibly more depending on what you guys want) we would roll the dice for each individual character.

2. We'd select one or two characters to roll for each time we rolled. This would probably be done randomly, or we could go through the characters in a list.

3. If you put yourself in danger, we would roll for you, whenever you are very threatened. So for instance, we would have rolled for Darkman because he got out of the car, but not for John Doe because he was driving and not immediately threatened. How dangerous the situation would effect how we rolled in some way, yet to be determined (most likely number of die.)

My personal vote is for the third option. I think this would give the player maximum choice and participation in the system, as you could choose whether or not to save your companions or whether or not to take the risks, rather than just randomly dieing. It would also make it fairer for the less "kickass" characters, as they could intentionally avoid danger.

If you think of some way in which we could improve the current options or have any major problems with the things we've already decided, just let us know in this topic! Also fight over which option is best. Please wait to discuss those things labeled: Yet to be decided or To be decided later.

I really think this will add a lot to the RP and really make it a lot more exciting.

Edited by Cheshire Fox, 25 January 2008 - 08:16 PM.

Posted Image
This is the place where all the junkies go, where time gets fast but everything gets slow.
I'll get to the moon if I have to crawl.
The problem with any government is that it eventually attracts politicians.

#2 southsidediablo

southsidediablo

ChaChe Rodriguez!

• Project Team
  • 748 posts
  • Projects:V|GO, Apocalypse, The Mullet

Posted 25 January 2008 - 09:00 PM

I go for the third one too. It seems as the better choice.
How can you keep an idiot busy? Click Here to find out....
92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

#3 Paladin58

Paladin58

I lurk moar...

• Project Team
  • 2,384 posts
  •  Drifting Gun-Toting Liberal, Forum Lurker

Posted 25 January 2008 - 11:18 PM

This threatens Titus' superheroics! I will not stand for it! So, my vote is... Third option is best choice, IMO. After all, everybody dies, at some point (it just sucks when it's YOUR turn). :p

OLD SIG
When history witnesses a great change Razgriz reveals itself,
first as a dark demon. As a demon it uses it power to rain death upon the land,
and then it dies. However after a period of slumber Razgriz returns
As the demon sleeps, man turns on man.
Its own blood, and madness soon cover the earth.
From the depths of despair awaken the Razgriz.
Its raven wings ablaze in majestic light.
Amidst the eternal waves of time
From a ripple of change shall the storm rise
Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon
Behold the Razgriz, its wings of black sheath
The demon soars through the dark skies
Fear and Death trail its shadow beneath
Until Men united wield a hallowed sabre
In Final Reckoning, the beast is slain.
Razgriz intrerpretation

Posted Image <-This stays up there for you, buddy!

#4 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts
  •  Weird Guy of the Forums

Posted 26 January 2008 - 05:30 AM

yeah third option all the way

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" -Adam Savage, Mythbusters
Posted Image|Posted Image
Posted Image|Posted Image
Posted Image