307 replies to this topic

#181 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 20 January 2009 - 11:11 PM

Ummm..... Tower Guards and Rangers? Put them in formation and they do the job, more than what you really need.

Hey, I thought he was doing balance only? :blink:
Though really, I could do that.....

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#182 CIL

CIL

Ex-troll

• Members
  • 1,330 posts
  • Projects:Lurking
  •  I'm a physician now. Scary, right?

Posted 20 January 2009 - 11:41 PM

I don't even want to know what you think a "balanced" version looks like. I smell Galadriel with Sauron-like meta, Glorfindel and Elrond with Word of Power and Haldir and Legolas with mega meta arrows. And all at a reduced price.

Edited by King Telemnar, 20 January 2009 - 11:43 PM.

I'm creeping, not gone.

#183 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 21 January 2009 - 12:05 AM

Bullshit. Don't assume things. If anything, I'd make elven units more expensive and maybe even more CP.

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#184 CIL

CIL

Ex-troll

• Members
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 05:47 AM

God.... NO MORE CP.... Also, Galadhrim w/swords NEED to be trampled, both for realism and balance.

Edited by King Telemnar, 21 January 2009 - 05:48 AM.

I'm creeping, not gone.

#185 Jonasking

Jonasking

title available

• Project Team
  • 451 posts
  • Projects:Finished Projects

Posted 21 January 2009 - 09:35 AM

Elves was suppose to be Rohans only Anti-cavalry unit,maybe Cel didin't think about that when adding them into the Elven faction,sins they got 2 anti-cavalry units,and both are btter then normal soldiers,Urak-Hai.

But the prize of them solves that...

#186 Fenemarche

Fenemarche
  • Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 07:14 PM

Upgraded horse rips through Galadrim, I think that's fine as it is...

And they aren't available early on anyway. Are we really going to see a balance patch though? If so :p should we get a balance discussion topic going?

Edited by Fenemarche, 21 January 2009 - 07:14 PM.

#187 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 21 January 2009 - 09:59 PM

We might. Rob has been talking about it. I don't know if it will happen or not....

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#188 CIL

CIL

Ex-troll

• Members
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 11:38 PM

Fene, in case you haven't noticed, Galadhrim with swords don't recieve trample. They RIP THROUGH ALL FU CAV lest they stop.
I'm creeping, not gone.

#189 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 22 January 2009 - 02:13 AM

Nah, upgraded cav still beats them in a melee fight. At least I think they do.....

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#190 Rob38

Rob38

Believer of Hope

• Hosted
  • 3,567 posts
  • Projects:Helm's Deep Last Hope
  •  One who is not afraid of new challenges

Posted 22 January 2009 - 03:16 AM

If people want a balanced version of TEA, than I'll gladly start the project up. :p I believe there are also some new skins for Gondor that were made by Cel but were never put in. I'll have to talk to adummy about that.

signature_group1.gif

16821.png

#191 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 22 January 2009 - 03:19 AM

About the gondor skins: I asked adummy if we could release them already, and he said no. But you might have better luck..... :p

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#192 CIL

CIL

Ex-troll

• Members
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 03:38 AM

Unless Cel gave them and all his rights to them to adummy, they're still Cel's. If you can MSN him or something, you may be able to get his approval.
I'm creeping, not gone.

#193 mike_

mike_

Student of Homer.

• Global Moderators
  • 4,323 posts
  • Projects:The Peloponnesian Wars Mod.
  •  There are no heroes, no villains - only decisions.
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator

Posted 22 January 2009 - 04:04 AM

I don't think Cel's reachable by any means (at this time) :p

#194 CIL

CIL

Ex-troll

• Members
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 04:23 AM

As far as I know, someone did. But whoever was the essential vice leader of the mod would be granted stewardship of what is left of the mod, not adummy. And if there was no vice leader, which, if I recall correctly, there isn't, they should go to one who would never be able to do wrong with them, the greatest user of the Elves and someone everyone likes: Elvenlord. And he would give them to Rob. That is, unless Cel left instructions to give them to adummy... or he's the only one that has them. But that's just my opinion, despite the fact I think a decent amount of people would agree.
I'm creeping, not gone.

#195 Fenemarche

Fenemarche
  • Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 01:04 PM

If people want a balanced version of TEA, than I'll gladly start the project up. :p I believe there are also some new skins for Gondor that were made by Cel but were never put in. I'll have to talk to adummy about that.

Excellent :p

Fene, in case you haven't noticed, Galadhrim with swords don't recieve trample. They RIP THROUGH ALL FU CAV lest they stop.

First of all, they don't give anything like the crush revenge most pike units do when trampled in formation, and secondly they have a tiny unit size anyway. Does the "S" button work on your keyboard? If so there should be no problem, just press it and watch your horse decimate them in melee....

Edited by Fenemarche, 22 January 2009 - 01:05 PM.

#196 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 22 January 2009 - 02:29 PM

Unless Cel gave them and all his rights to them to adummy, they're still Cel's. If you can MSN him or something, you may be able to get his approval.

Well, adummy was given control of the TEA forums when Cel disappeared, and later full adminship. So someone thinks adummy should have control :p

I don't think Cel's reachable by any means (at this time) :p

I haven't reached him...... :unsure:

As far as I know, someone did. But whoever was the essential vice leader of the mod would be granted stewardship of what is left of the mod, not adummy. And if there was no vice leader, which, if I recall correctly, there isn't, they should go to one who would never be able to do wrong with them, the greatest user of the Elves and someone everyone likes: Elvenlord. And he would give them to Rob. That is, unless Cel left instructions to give them to adummy... or he's the only one that has them. But that's just my opinion, despite the fact I think a decent amount of people would agree.

Someone did, yeah. Who, and what when on, I can't really say, I don't know, but it was some stuff for RA from what I heard.....
Holy crap dude, me? While that would be awesome, I'm sure as hell not doing anything until I get a nod from the mods :crazed:
........Rhyming FTW!

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#197 {IRS}Athos

{IRS}Athos

Non Sequitur

• Members
  • 4,008 posts
  • Projects:Ex-Advisor
  •  Resident Shakespearean.

Posted 22 January 2009 - 04:48 PM

*pants* heh... heh... Well, Jonas and I just finished an epic skirmish: Me as Mordor, him as Rohan. I quickly built up a huge army of orcs and Gothmog to lead them, while he ended up expanding over most of the map. I got Nazgul soon after, and used them to wreak havoc on his forces, killing Gamling, Eomer, and Theoden several times. However, his archers brought both down, as my Mumakil rampaged through his settlements. As soon as he had secured his territory (though at the cost of many Rohirrim lives) he launched an all-out attack with every hero on my base, destroying it (although I killed most of his heroes and depleted his army with the revived Nazgul). I staked out the castle and was about to rebuild it when his cavalry returned, wiping out my forces. He then tracked down my last outpost and won.

Here is the replay: Attached File  Jonas_vs_Ithilien.rar   27.21KB   43 downloads

Unfortunately I was unable to get the end screenshot, but I do remember that I built around 1400 troops, while he built around 1000 less. :p
BulletsfromaGunbanner_zps974f3ea8.png

Careful. This link is DANGEROUS. Do NOT click it. This one, however, is fine.

I had the meaning of life in my signature, but it exceeded the character limit.

#198 Hearach

Hearach

title available

• Project Team
  • 350 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 08:33 PM

Just to make you drool, the Gondor skins do look mighty fine :p

Edited by HunterGXO, 22 January 2009 - 08:33 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#199 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 22 January 2009 - 09:12 PM

Oh yes. Especially the Tower Guards and Rangers.....Wonder if I would get in trouble if I posted a pic of them :p

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#200 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 22 January 2009 - 09:20 PM

Post them, damn you.

No fuel left for the pilgrims