Photo

How I can apply Seekers, Gun Walkers and Harvesters with forcefield generators?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 purplescrin

purplescrin
  • Banned
  • 97 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 10:05 PM

In C&C3 Kane's Wrath, all Scrin factions except Traveller 59 has a separate upgrade ability called Attenuated Forcefields to have Seekers and Gun Walkers equipped with forcefield generators. In Reaper 19, all harvesters were already shielded with forcefield generators. The thing is in C&C3 besides to PACs, Devastators and Tripods, I want the upgrade "Forcefield Generators" to apply to also Seekers, Gun Walkers and Harvesters but how can I apply them from that? Has anyone attempted this before?

I have done that once to Stormriders but it didn't work and the program crashed. ;)

#2 CommieDog

CommieDog
  • Project Team
  • 81 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 05:15 AM

You should be able to add shielding by copying the relevant code from one of the units that already has shielding. Specifically:
  • The Draw module responsible for the shield graphics.
    <scriptedModelDraw
    				id="ModuleTag_DrawForcefield"
    				OkToChangeModelColor="true">
    				<ModelConditionState
    					ParseCondStateType="PARSE_DEFAULT"></ModelConditionState>
    				<ModelConditionState
    					ParseCondStateType="PARSE_NORMAL"
    					ConditionsYes="USER_1">
    					<Model
    						Name="FXShldTripod" />
    				</ModelConditionState>
    			</ScriptedModelDraw>
  • These modules that go in the <Behaviors> tag:
    <StatusBitsUpgrade
    				id="ModuleTag_StatusBitUpgrade"
    				StatusToSet="SHIELDBODY_ENABLED">
    				<TriggeredBy>Upgrade_AlienReactorForcefieldGenerator</TriggeredBy>
    			</StatusBitsUpgrade>
    			<ShieldBodyUpdate
    				id="ModuleTag_ShieldBodyUpdate" />
  • A ShieldBody module to replace the ActiveBody module. Here is an example (obviously, you would want to change the MaxHealth value):
    <ShieldBody
    				id="ModuleTag_Body"
    				MaxHealth="7500"
    				ShieldAmount="2500"
    				ShieldArmor="ForcefieldFilterDamageArmor"
    				ShieldRechargeIdleTime="120s"
    				ShieldEnabledFX="FX_AlienShieldEnabled" 
    				ShieldTakeDamageFX="FX_AlienShieldHit"
    				ShieldDepleteFX="FX_AlienShieldDeplete"
    				ShieldActiveModelCondition="USER_1" />
  • A new ArmorSet with Conditions="SHIELDBODY_ENABLED" set. You'll need to make a new ArmorTemplate copied from the unit's regular ArmorTemplate but with all the damage values halved if you want the same effect as for the currently shielded units.
  • Finally, you may want to add <DisplayUpgrade>Upgrade_AlienReactorForcefieldGenerator</DisplayUpgrade> if you want the sidebar to show the status of the Forcefield Generators upgrade when a modded unit is selected.

CommieDog™: The Original Proletarian Pet
Learn from your parents' mistakes: use birth control.

#3 Phil

Phil

Force Majeure

• Network Leaders
  • 7,976 posts
  • Projects:Revora, C&C:Online
  •  Thought Police
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Network Leader
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 15 May 2008 - 12:40 PM

Note though that most likely it won't look perfect unless you adjust the shield model for certain units. As the Tripod shield is in a vertical position, while the Devastator and PAC shields are probably too big for small units like the seekers.
I remember though that Chriz has once done exactly that by creating a new shield model. IMO It looked very good, so you might want to ask him if you can have it :)

revorapresident.jpg
My Political Compass

Sieben Elefanten hatte Herr Dschin
Und da war dann noch der achte.
Sieben waren wild und der achte war zahm
Und der achte war's, der sie bewachte.

#4 purplescrin

purplescrin
  • Banned
  • 97 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 10:04 PM

Sure I'll ask Chriz, if only if he sees this topic thread. Are you sure he has the special models of forcefield generators for the Seekers, Gun Walkers and Harvesters?

#5 purplescrin

purplescrin
  • Banned
  • 97 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 08:44 PM

Chriz was here today but I thought he had read this topic thread. I doubt if he has those special models....

Edited by purplescrin, 18 May 2008 - 08:44 PM.

#6 Stygs

Stygs
  • Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 10:33 PM

o.O

In case you didnt know: The force field models are just some modifed spheres, if you can find the shader settings it will take about 1 minute to make a new forcefield model....

Posted Image

I made them long ago bevor KW was released, but the only one left is the seeker shield, I scrapped the others....

I have done that once to Stormriders but it didn't work and the program crashed. So I may be thinking the sizes of the forcefield generator to a small unit needs to be re-editted but there's no xml file that can do this.

The size of the shield itself are juft grafical - If your game crashed, than its because you suck at xml coding, not because the shields are to small ;)

If you done everthing CommieDog said the shields should work perfect. :)

#7 Sedistix

Sedistix
  • Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 03:19 AM

The seeker one looks alright and plausible, it is essentially a hovercraft. As for the walkers, something about them doesn't seem right.

#8 purplescrin

purplescrin
  • Banned
  • 97 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 04:40 PM

In case you didnt know: The force field models are just some modifed spheres, if you can find the shader settings it will take about 1 minute to make a new forcefield model....

How and where can I modify those spheres to make a new forcefield model? I don't even know where the shader settings are. The w3x program that EA provided in the MOD SDK might help modify some models. Somehow it worked out for me for the seeker and the gun walker, but the problem was the harvester in which the harvester is on top of the forcefield generator shield rather than inside it!

Edited by purplescrin, 27 May 2008 - 04:30 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users