#1 GothmogtheOrc

GothmogtheOrc

Ruler of the Morgul Vale

• Hosted
  • 2,263 posts
  • Projects:Kings of the West Mod
  •  T3A Chamber Member - Retired

Posted 01 July 2009 - 07:24 PM

Hi all, we are in need of a few more testers to try out the Kings of the West mod. We are looking for people who have:

-plenty of time to play the mod (ie willing to play 1-2 games online against other testers and 2-4 games against the AI per week... give or take)
-who have a clean version of bfme patched up to 1.03
-who are able and willing to play online against other testers
-who already know the absolute basics of installing mods by hand (ie put it in My Battle for Middle Earth Files folder and create a shortcut to it)
-who are willing to install the program Hamachi so as to be able to play against other testers online
-who love the mod and want to see it released sooner :p

No other modding skills are required. We just need you to play the mod a LOT (against other testers and against the AI) and let us know the results and if you find any problems, bugs, or unbalanced units.

Experienced testers and/or modders will be given preference but anyone who matches the above criteria will be considered :unsure:

We are looking for 3-6 testers.

EDIT: When you tell me that you are interested in testing for the mod please also include something that will tell me what I can expect from you if I pick you to be a tester. So maybe mention if you have any experience with modding or testing before or if you'll be able to spend the requested amount of time testing the mod or something else you feel might be relevant or helpful to me. This is especially true for newer forum members who I don't know and who haven't posted much yet. This way I can get a feel for what you'll be able to bring to the team and can make an informed decision about who to pick.

Thanks!
-GothmogtheOrc

Edited by GothmogtheOrc, 02 July 2009 - 12:08 AM.

Nine%20rings.jpg
Click on my Sig to go to my BFME Modding site where you can download my mods.
KotW%20Morgul%20In-game.jpg
Kings of the West Mod Leader
*Retired. PM me if you need to get a hold of me as I'll get an email notification and should reply within a day or so*

#2 Florisz

Florisz

The Young Reindeer

• Project Team
  • 2,322 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 07:46 PM

Huh? We are? Lol :p Well, C, this is your chance :unsure:
Posted Image

#3 bauglir1111

bauglir1111
  • Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 08:04 PM

I can do this gotmoghtheorc :p I can play with ai but maybe ı cant play with hamachi.Because of the fact that going to university,ı can play only when ı have time.But really ı want to play it :unsure:

#4 Vezir

Vezir
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 11:06 PM

I would like to join the test team

Edited by Vezir, 01 July 2009 - 11:14 PM.

#5 GothmogtheOrc

GothmogtheOrc

Ruler of the Morgul Vale

• Hosted
  • 2,263 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 12:07 AM

I should have mentioned this in the original post, sorry for forgetting.

When you tell me that you are interested in testing for the mod please also include something that will tell me what I can expect from you if I pick you to be a tester. So maybe mention if you have any experience with modding or testing before or if you'll be able to spend the requested amount of time testing the mod or something else you feel might be relevant or helpful to me. This is especially true for newer forum members who I don't know and who haven't posted much yet. This way I can get a feel for what you'll be able to bring to the team and can make an informed decision about who to pick.

Thanks,
-GothmogtheOrc

Nine%20rings.jpg
*Retired. PM me if you need to get a hold of me as I'll get an email notification and should reply within a day or so*

#6 Ring o' Fate

Ring o' Fate

The Ghost.

• Project Team
  • 1,627 posts
  • Projects:Trying to find meaning...
  •  The guy that is just a ghost.

Posted 02 July 2009 - 01:01 AM

This is the problem with asking for beta testers during New People breeding season. ( :p ) Alot of people we don't even know on Revora ask to be something that actually requires work, and ends up abandoning ship.
A changed man is only the same man with a different outlook of life.

#7 dojob

dojob

AoW+DoW ftw

• Project Team
  • 1,304 posts
  • Projects:Beta testing for WoA, RJ, and KotW
  •  Cav Rusher + Beta Tester

Posted 02 July 2009 - 01:57 AM

I've tested BoG, WoA, and RJ for a very long time, so I've got some experience if u want it :p
Some helpful info on RotWK replays
Game Replays Forums; I am Panda Bear™
Awesome sig by TravTech :D PANDA POWER!!!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

And please add Bear-mans

#8 bauglir1111

bauglir1111
  • Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 10:42 AM

I have tested by myself wote bog woa rjrotwk elvenstar elvenallience etc etc and when ı found bug,I fixed it.Thus,ı have experience a lot :p

#9 Bereneth Túrien

Bereneth Túrien

Ni degilbor

• Members
  • 414 posts
  • Projects:Working on my own mod.
  •  Former advisor.

Posted 02 July 2009 - 01:31 PM

I would be interested in testing this mod, however I don't have the time to play many online games since I leave in a few weeks. (I'll be gone from the 18th until the 6th.) I can play as many games against the AI as necessary, but would probably be very limited on how many online multiplayer games I could play because of my schedule. I could probably manage one a week if necessary.

I have not tested any mods before, but everyone has to start somewhere, right? :p (I have played a few mods and can keep an eye out for any bugs if/when they come up.)
I do know how to install mods by hand, and I do some modding myself, but I am somewhat inexperienced when it comes to modding. I'm not the best when it comes to determining balanced units, but I could probably get a general idea of OP units and such.

Overall, I think I meet the above criteria with the exception of the online part, and have enough modding skills to test this mod as necessary. I can understand if I'm not accepted into the testing team (for reasons stated above), but I thought I'd post here and apply anyway.

Thanks,
Arborlon Elf

I used to be {AE}Manveru, if that rings a bell.

#10 dojob

dojob

AoW+DoW ftw

• Project Team
  • 1,304 posts
  • Projects:Beta testing for WoA, RJ, and KotW
  •  Cav Rusher + Beta Tester

Posted 02 July 2009 - 04:30 PM

I have tested by myself wote bog woa rjrotwk elvenstar elvenallience etc etc and when ı found bug,I fixed it.Thus,ı have experience a lot :p

If ur a tester, then why do u have a member badge? :)
Some helpful info on RotWK replays
Game Replays Forums; I am Panda Bear™
Awesome sig by TravTech :D PANDA POWER!!!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

And please add Bear-mans

#11 bauglir1111

bauglir1111
  • Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 09:25 PM

If ur a tester, then why do u have a member badge? :)

I said that i test them by myself.I am not a tester of any mod.Only i test those mod by myself :p

Edited by bauglir1111, 02 July 2009 - 09:26 PM.

#12 Yarrum

Yarrum

Kahuna

• Project Team
  • 461 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 09:28 PM

I was bound to show up sooner or later... :p

I can test. I've tested the beta for a new American release of a Korean MMO (I've tested two different releases of it), I have Hamachi installed, am eager to play online, and I'll have plenty of time to play (Starting on Sunday). I also know how to install a mod, and I've got a pretty decent knowledge of how to identify sources of problems and an intermediate knowledge of coding. So...how 'bout it?

Edited by yarrum, 02 July 2009 - 09:30 PM.

KotW%20Left%20Morgul%20Banner.jpg
KotW Beta Tester
frodo_sam.jpg

#13 Dragonforce

Dragonforce
  • Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 06:43 AM

I'm interested about betatest but I have 2 problems. One is called Firewall, which doesn't allow me to play in online. But I can try to make it allow online playing.
The other problem is that I'm going to Hungary July 8th. I'm there 2 weeks but then I have lots of time to test the mod.
EDIT: I fixed that firewall problem so only thing is that Hungary trip
I have played many other mods and I can easily beat AI hard army (exactly 2 in Cair Andros :p).

Edited by Dragonforce, 05 July 2009 - 02:02 PM.

Posted Image Dragonforce
Posted Image

#14 Githiran

Githiran

Master strategist, if the troop numbers are right...

• Project Team
  • 367 posts
  • Projects:RC Mod, Lone Wolf Beta Tester.
  •  Useless for anything but ideas...

Posted 05 July 2009 - 12:33 PM

If this is still open, I would love to test for Kings of the West. I have had a short testing experience with Lone Wolf, and one of my test documents can be found under their recruitment section if you would like to see how i set things out. I am one for AI testing, and would like to test online, the only thing I am not keen on is Hamachi.

I have plenty of free time, since my coursework is thinning out right about now, and i feel that i can search for the more specific bugs that can help you polish any nooks and crannies you may have missed. As for installing the mod, i've done plenty to be able to know how :D .

Finally, i do love the mod, it looks such an improvement to the original and can't wait for it to be out!

Thanks in advance,
Githiran.
---------
edit: here is a sample of my first piece of work;

i try to set it out as clear as possible, while rooting some of the subtle bugs, and try to pinpoint any small things to make finding stuff easier.

Attached Files

Edited by Githiran, 05 July 2009 - 12:49 PM.

A master strategist, such as Zhuge Liang, will be remembered not for his intellect, but for his common sense.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#15 Elessar Ancalímon

Elessar Ancalímon
  • Project Team
  • 185 posts
  •  The Patriotic Dutchmen

Posted 05 July 2009 - 01:08 PM

Hi,

I also would like to be a beta tester.
I have enough time to do it, Now in the vacation, We aren't going away cause of the animals :D
I can play online and i know how hamachi works :D

-Elessar Ancalimon
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
We must rule the world

#16 Florisz

Florisz

The Young Reindeer

• Project Team
  • 2,322 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 01:41 PM

*ChoosehimhesDutch!!* :D
Posted Image

#17 Elessar Ancalímon

Elessar Ancalímon
  • Project Team
  • 185 posts
  •  The Patriotic Dutchmen

Posted 05 July 2009 - 03:06 PM

lol :D yes, i am dutch, just like you, but i don't think they will chose people because of their nationality...
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
We must rule the world

#18 Florisz

Florisz

The Young Reindeer

• Project Team
  • 2,322 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 04:42 PM

No, that wouldn't be good :D But still, if I can get someone within my time zone, it could come in handy, don't you think?
Posted Image

#19 Githiran

Githiran

Master strategist, if the troop numbers are right...

• Project Team
  • 367 posts
  • Projects:RC Mod, Lone Wolf Beta Tester.
  •  Useless for anything but ideas...

Posted 05 July 2009 - 06:05 PM

Aah! Florisz, don't sway the decisions :D Everyone should get a fair chance :D
A master strategist, such as Zhuge Liang, will be remembered not for his intellect, but for his common sense.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#20 GothmogtheOrc

GothmogtheOrc

Ruler of the Morgul Vale

• Hosted
  • 2,263 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 06:35 PM

Ok, I think we've now got enough testers for this round. You can still apply for a few days, I'll leave this open till say Wednesday or so just in case we decide we want a few more but I doubt we will.

Thanks to everyone for applying, it really is great to know so many people are interested :D

-GothmogtheOrc

Nine%20rings.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users