Thats me!

Title availble

• Members
  • 653 posts
  • Projects:thinking...:p
  •  not Red :(

Posted 20 February 2010 - 10:02 PM

lets see,

All: Money generators were limited for everybody. You can now build no more than 6 Supply Drop Zones, no more than 6 Black Markets, no more than 4 Internet Centers and no more than 16 hackers. Supply Centers stayed unlimited.

another change to slow the game,i am worrying that it will be boring slow,espicyally late game

Laser general: Microwave Beam (general's power) does not damage vehicles and buildings any more. It acts like microwave tank now: disables buildings and kills infantry.

yeah,lets make a useless power,more useless(maybe the disabling thing will make it a little more usefull)

Stealth general: Demo traps deployment general's power was removed

- Stealth general: Kill Radars general's power reload time was increased by 25%. Also, it has become harmful for your own army because it can kill your own radars now.

bah,.....
why?

Laser general: Laser Strike (general's power) was weakened by 25%.

maybe only vs, buildings?because it requires a really long reload time.

- Tank general: Shaitan has got Force Field. It gives invulnerability, but kills Shitan slowly. Field can not be turned off. Force Field becomes available after purchasing general's ability.

how much will it last with this power?2 mins?or 3 sec?or....?

Tank general: Carpet Bomb general's power was replaced with Force Field. It unlocks ability for Shaitan

why remove carpet bombing?why not have them both?

creator, why dont you listen to the public, and just want to make a starcraft mod with units of this age in sage engine? just go make another mod if you want that

altough i agree with you,but i don't agree at the same time.
i don't wan cnc to be starcraft either,but this is creator mod,he can do what he wants with it,we shall not order hime,but ask him for changes.
hopefully he will listen to us,and don't dumb down the game.

also creator,don't you think those slowing changes will cause alot of imbalances(that is aside of boringdom)?

#202 Su8perkillr

Su8perkillr

Capslockers are attention whores.

• Members
  • 722 posts
  • Projects:Losing the game
  •  Why cant this be red :(

Posted 20 February 2010 - 11:49 PM

yeah. got to agree with this being his mod. but i mean, warcraft is fun, but only on massive LAN-parties. not just for the avarage game. you are now editing it for pros (less money and slower) while you add a noob AI (easy). the name of the mod speaks for what you are doing. its just contraing each other.
Posted Image
Posted Image

its like a big ball of tesla troopers firing on down below, but cant attack structures. ION STORM :D

#203 Creator

Creator

The cat

• Hosted
  • 3,632 posts
  • Projects:Contra

Posted 21 February 2010 - 04:31 PM

bah,.....
why?

Too powerful for rank 1.

- Tank general: Shaitan has got Force Field. It gives invulnerability, but kills Shitan slowly. Field can not be turned off. Force Field becomes available after purchasing general's ability.

1 minute.

why remove carpet bombing?why not have them both?

Really, I did not think about it. I've returned carpet bombing right now.

also creator,don't you think those slowing changes will cause alot of imbalances(that is aside of boringdom)?

It will be beta testing. Many things will be changed after it.

#204 Su8perkillr

Su8perkillr

• Members
  • 722 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 11:50 PM

ah! great! then i have no more things against you. sorry for me being so harsh. next time, can you say that it is béta? then i wont have to make fuss :sleep:
Posted Image
Posted Image

its like a big ball of tesla troopers firing on down below, but cant attack structures. ION STORM :D

#205 Casojin

Casojin

Democracy not Dictatorship

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 22 February 2010 - 03:35 AM

Creator, what do you think about my idea for fixing F16 upgraded engine problem. Is it possible?

I have an idea for F16XL after the engine upgrade. It could use Aurora logic. It flies at target with normal speed and launches missiles. Once the missiles are launched, the jet switches to upgraded engine to run away from harm. This way, the jet wouldn't overshoot its target when trying to attack.

CASOJIN

Posted Image

#206 fieldwings

fieldwings
  • Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 08:17 AM

I have an idea for F16XL after the engine upgrade. It could use Aurora logic. It flies at target with normal speed and launches missiles. Once the missiles are launched, the jet switches to upgraded engine to run away from harm. This way, the jet wouldn't overshoot its target when trying to attack.

I like this idea.

- Laser general: Microwave Beam (general's power) does not damage vehicles and buildings any more. It acts like microwave tank now: disables buildings and kills infantry.
- Laser general: Laser Strike (general's power) was weakened by 25%.

Uh, why? The laser strike was fine the way it was... but I do admit, I'll have to test that altered microwave satellite beam, I think it's more true to the name that way.

- Tank general: Carpet Bomb general's power was replaced with Force Field. It unlocks ability for Shaitan.

Good. LORD. That's... horrifying. Is the AI going to use that?

Oh, one last thing... when can we expect a new set of screenshots on the main page?

#207 Su8perkillr

Su8perkillr

• Members
  • 722 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 10:52 AM

About the microwave. It should still kill infantry. The microwave units can do the same. Also, it should disable tanks, or else it would be pretty useless.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#208 gundamwen

gundamwen

Just try it.

• Project Team
  • 424 posts
  • Projects:Contra 008 Chinese voice (Done for now)

Posted 22 February 2010 - 05:51 PM

1 minute.

1 minute?? You mean the tank only last 1 minute with the field on?? or the field will last 1 minute on the tank, then it will be off by itself. ???????????????????????????? :p
Posted Image

#209 Su8perkillr

Su8perkillr

• Members
  • 722 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 06:39 PM

He means, when the shield is enabled, its there for a minute. But I have a Q: Can it attack during this time? Or decreases the shield like the shields around scrin in CNC3?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#210 gundamwen

gundamwen

Just try it.

• Project Team
  • 424 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 09:22 PM

He means, when the shield is enabled, its there for a minute. But I have a Q: Can it attack during this time? Or decreases the shield like the shields around scrin in CNC3?

So it is the shield that last 1 minute, after that, Can it be turned on again later??? I think it should be able to attack during the shield-on, otherwise, there is no point for it. :p
Posted Image

#211 Casojin

Casojin

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 23 February 2010 - 01:52 AM

I guess the shield would be on for 1 minute. During that time, the Shaiton gradually damages itself (and it should be able to fire or the shield would be useless). Shield in Contra is kinda weapon-like (based on Point-Defense-Laser logic) unlike the system coded C&C3 shield. So, I doubt that such thing could be implemented.
CASOJIN

Posted Image

#212 gundamwen

gundamwen

Just try it.

• Project Team
  • 424 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 03:48 AM

Better just last for 1 minute than last forever. and how about the money generators ?? i think that one no testing needed, because everyone wants more money than less money no matter when. :p
Posted Image

#213 Su8perkillr

Su8perkillr

• Members
  • 722 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 10:25 AM

But if its invinsible, you only have to make a group of 10 shaitans, invade the enemy, and nothing will be left.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#214 gundamwen

gundamwen

Just try it.

• Project Team
  • 424 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 05:52 PM

But if its invinsible, you only have to make a group of 10 shaitans, invade the enemy, and nothing will be left.

If you can choose when to turn on the shield, yes, but if once the shield is picked from the power list, every Shaitan comes out from factory with the shield on already, then it is pointless. (I believe it shouldn't be this way)

After all, one minute is not very long time, but of course if it is in the first case, one minute is enough.
Posted Image

#215 Casojin

Casojin

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 24 February 2010 - 01:37 AM

One Shaiton with 1 minute shield can be very effective fighting large number of tanks.
CASOJIN

Posted Image

#216 gundamwen

gundamwen

Just try it.

• Project Team
  • 424 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 04:09 AM

One Shaiton with 1 minute shield can be very effective fighting large number of tanks.

Yeah, that thing is a real monster. Shaitan...... How creator come out with this name?? what does it mean??or he just made it up. I am a Chinese,
need any Chinese translator ??? :p
Posted Image

#217 dcesarec

dcesarec

THE COON

• Project Team
  • 3,091 posts
  • Projects:Contra 008 Art (models, textures, wallpapers...)
  •  Color check! Is this text blue?

Posted 24 February 2010 - 06:04 AM

It would be good if shaitan would be destroyed after 1min,and if shield would consume additional power. So,shield would not be used so often,in very critical situations.
Posted Image

#218 Creator

Creator

The cat

• Hosted
  • 3,632 posts
  • Projects:Contra

Posted 24 February 2010 - 08:15 AM

Creator, what do you think about my idea for fixing F16 upgraded engine problem. Is it possible?

I tested it. It makes things vice versa. F-16 does the following:
- flies towards target
- fires missiles
- switches to another locomotor
- accelerates
- flies into enemy AA attack range
- gets hit
- turns around
- gets hit once more
- dies

Good. LORD. That's... horrifying. Is the AI going to use that?

Oh, one last thing... when can we expect a new set of screenshots on the main page?

New scrrenshots are coming. You will se them today or tomorrow.

As for Shaitan, AI will not use it. It is very difficult for AI to determine the situatuon suitable for this ability. Invulnerability is risky enough because you can lost Shaitan and don't bring significant damage.

1 minute?? You mean the tank only last 1 minute with the field on?? or the field will last 1 minute on the tank, then it will be off by itself. ???????????????????????????? :p

If the field is on then tank lives for 1 minute and dies then. But it can not recieve any other damage from outside the field. It can be useful for situations when you need to break very heavy defense line or survive an airstrike of 50+ Comanches.

Shield in Contra is kinda weapon-like (based on Point-Defense-Laser logic) unlike the system coded C&C3 shield. So, I doubt that such thing could be implemented.

Shaitan shield is based on armor switch. Thus, it can not be damaged by anything including nuclear missiles.

and how about the money generators ?? i think that one no testing needed, because everyone wants more money than less money no matter when. :crazed:

Good economy can consist of the following:
- maximum number of money generators
- 2 supply depots
- 2 oil derricks

This economy gives $186 per second. It means that you can build 4 Emperors per 50 seconds or to get money for Nuclear Storm in 1 minute 8 seconds. How do you estimate this money gaining speed? Is it enough?

if once the shield is picked from the power list, every Shaitan comes out from factory with the shield on already, then it is pointless. (I believe it shouldn't be this way)

Shaitan does not come from the factory with the shield on. You need to turn it on manualy.

Yeah, that thing is a real monster. Shaitan...... How creator come out with this name?? what does it mean??or he just made it up. I am a Chinese,
need any Chinese translator ??? :p

Shaitan is evil spirit in islam (the analog of Satan). Also, Shaitan is evil creature in Indian, Kazakh, Turkmenian and other folks. The word "satan" appeared first. "Satan" was ancient jewish for "enemy". But it changed the meaning later and was turned from usual word into name of evil god. "Shaitan" is arabic copy of this jewish "satan", but with distorted pronunciation.

Edited by Creator, 24 February 2010 - 08:46 AM.

#219 Su8perkillr

Su8perkillr

• Members
  • 722 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 11:42 AM

Good, now i get the use of the Shaitan shield. But what Dcecarec stated, it would be handy to make it consume other things, or else you could go on a rush with 3 of those things. Also, is the unit destroyed at once after the shield (100 HP to 0 HP in 1 second) or is it damaged over time (60 HP - 1 HP/s)? Because if its the last one, you would just have to add some propagande tank and it would survive.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#220 Casojin

Casojin

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 24 February 2010 - 02:35 PM

Good economy can consist of the following:
- maximum number of money generators
- 2 supply depots
- 2 oil derricks

This economy gives $186 per second. It means that you can build 4 Emperors per 50 seconds or to get money for Nuclear Storm in 1 minute 8 seconds. How do you estimate this money gaining speed? Is it enough?

With this mechanism, the game would become too slow in my opinion. As you stated earlier, beta needs to be tested.
CASOJIN

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users