#281 Creator

Creator

The cat

• Hosted
  • 3,632 posts
  • Projects:Contra

Posted 16 March 2010 - 04:50 PM

CREATOR CAN YOU SEND ME some screenshots of the apocalypse devise

Screenshots are not ready yet. I need to rework big nuclear explosion effect first.
When screenshots are ready, I will make them available for all, not only for you.

creator i send you some maps for contra in your e mail (sorry for my bad english)

At first, you can send me them here on Revora using private messages. At second, my E-mail is written in Contra_readme.txt, which can be found in the archive with Contra.

Edited by Creator, 16 March 2010 - 04:50 PM.

#282 FAFNIROS

FAFNIROS

Democracy not Dictatorship

• Project Team
  • 378 posts
  • Projects:Contra: arabic replics recorder, wallpaper maker and Contra publisher
  •  1st Tunisian Knew & Published Contra Mod In Tunisia

Posted 18 March 2010 - 10:54 AM

Creator i sent you the maps

10422.png ContraIco.png  :cool2:

1001181_521150174620846_188153655_n.jpg

#283 Creator

Creator

The cat

• Hosted
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 11:57 AM

I recieved them. Thanks. Did you make all of them yourself?

Edited by Creator, 18 March 2010 - 11:58 AM.

#284 FAFNIROS

FAFNIROS

• Project Team
  • 378 posts
  • Projects:Contra: arabic replics recorder, wallpaper maker and Contra publisher
  •  1st Tunisian Knew & Published Contra Mod In Tunisia

Posted 18 March 2010 - 12:26 PM

I recieved them. Thanks. Did you make all of them yourself?

i made 5 but the other are my best maps
i'm now creating another map

10422.png ContraIco.png  :cool2:

1001181_521150174620846_188153655_n.jpg

#285 Soul

Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 3,781 posts
  • Projects:Sigma Invasion
  •  This person isn't important

Posted 18 March 2010 - 10:49 PM

Can we see any teasers of those maps :wub:?
Posted ImagePosted Image

Soul 2.4

Background process. Has something to do with some activity going on somewhere. Sorting junkmail, I think. No value or interest. Doesn't do much except hog resource.

#286 fieldwings

fieldwings
  • Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 02:40 AM

Very pleased with this new set of changes, nothing I dislike, many of the changes I've wanted for a while now but didn't really see them making much of an impact. But as they say, it's the little things... :wub:

- Infantry general: Gattling upgrade was moved to rank 1.

Just curious, to what building was the upgrade moved (previously was on Propaganda Center)?

- Infantry general: Artillery target designators can build infantry now.

So it doubles as a mobile Barracks? Or does it only train a limited set of infantry? Can it train 4 at once like a normal Barracks, as well? Will the AI use it like this?

- Infantry general: Fast troop transport has been added.

Just a simple transport? Or can infantry fire out of it? Is it armed?

That's all I want to know for that list. But I might mention something... occasionally the AI will research Satellite Hack I, and rarely II, but never III. Were they ever supposed to research/use SH III? For that matter, the AI never researches Turbodiesel Engines for USA gens or Light Armor for the Chinese gens. That does trigger an idea... could you also have Light Armor affect the Supply Trucks? Would probably help if you're collecting from a remote location that's too "hot" to expand but not "hot" enough to keep the trucks away. Oh, and any thoughts on having the AI use Red Arrows/Super Red Arrows, and the ECM shells for the Howitzers?

Thanks. :)

Edited by fieldwings, 19 March 2010 - 02:42 AM.

#287 Creator

Creator

The cat

• Hosted
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 08:18 AM

Just curious, to what building was the upgrade moved (previously was on Propaganda Center)?

It was moved to War Factory.

So it doubles as a mobile Barracks? Or does it only train a limited set of infantry? Can it train 4 at once like a normal Barracks, as well? Will the AI use it like this?

Yes, it is mobile Barracks now and can train unlimited number of troops. But artillery strike ability was not removed.

AI will not use it as barracks.

Yes, simple fast transport with 8 places for infantry. Comes empty. Infantry can not fire out. Assault Troop Crawler remained too.

That's all I want to know for that list. But I might mention something... occasionally the AI will research Satellite Hack I, and rarely II, but never III. Were they ever supposed to research/use SH III?

Actually, yes. AI is programmed to use SH3. But it never does it becaulse of absence of money. It gathers resources constantly. When it gets $500-$1000, it ALWAYS builds a tank, a soldier or something else. So, never gets enough money for SH3 and other expensive things. I know about this and I will fix it.

For that matter, the AI never researches Turbodiesel Engines for USA gens or Light Armor for the Chinese gens. That does trigger an idea... could you also have Light Armor affect the Supply Trucks? Would probably help if you're collecting from a remote location that's too "hot" to expand but not "hot" enough to keep the trucks away. Oh, and any thoughts on having the AI use Red Arrows/Super Red Arrows, and the ECM shells for the Howitzers?

AI fixes were not implemented yet, but planned.

Edited by Creator, 20 March 2010 - 03:17 PM.

#288 fieldwings

fieldwings
  • Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 08:17 PM

Very good to hear, thank you.

#289 taramas

taramas
  • Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 10:49 PM

Yes, simple fast transport with 8 places for infantry. Comes empty. Infantry can not fire out. Assault Troop Crawler remained too.

I'm not sure I like that idea !
But we'll see ^_^

#290 Casojin

Casojin

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 20 March 2010 - 07:47 AM

If you want to bring troops quickly into battle, this is a choice. Troop Crawler is too slow.
CASOJIN

Posted Image

#291 fieldwings

fieldwings
  • Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 08:54 AM

If you want to bring troops quickly into battle, this is a choice. Troop Crawler is too slow.

Right. For that reason it would seem fitting if the transport were buildable right from the Command Center (the way basic infantry are trainable from all GLA Command Trucks). I mean, if you get to the War Factory, you'll want the actual Troop Crawlers since the infantry can fire out of them.

Edited by fieldwings, 20 March 2010 - 08:55 AM.

#292 Guest_Mado star_*

Guest_Mado star_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 March 2010 - 10:35 AM

hi i have only one question when is that great patch gonna be available and thank u in advance u r the best

#293 Casojin

Casojin

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 22 March 2010 - 02:16 PM

hi i have only one question when is that great patch gonna be available and thank u in advance u r the best

When it is ready.
That question is something people try to avoid asking in mod community.
CASOJIN

Posted Image

#294 dcesarec

dcesarec

THE COON

• Project Team
  • 3,091 posts
  • Projects:Contra 008 Art (models, textures, wallpapers...)
  •  Color check! Is this text blue?

Posted 22 March 2010 - 02:47 PM

It was planned for the end of february this year, but new things are in progress (debugging, mission maps, new models and textures, new language for china faction), so probably its the best to wait untill they are finished than release one version, and 2 months after another version.
Posted Image

#295 gundamwen

gundamwen

Just try it.

• Project Team
  • 424 posts
  • Projects:Contra 008 Chinese voice (Done for now)

Posted 23 March 2010 - 07:53 PM

Man~~! The New posted Karkadann tank looks crazy, I wonder how is it when get to close combat. . :mellow:
Posted Image

#296 fieldwings

fieldwings
  • Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 04:22 AM

I can just see a human player leading a charge with like 3 Karkadanns in a row surrounded by Scorpions and Quad Cannons, constantly regenerating and shredding a base... man. I wonder if it could out-kill a Bertha/Yan Wang... if those are Stinger launchers like it looks like on the back of the turrets, I would think it could.

#297 dcesarec

dcesarec

THE COON

• Project Team
  • 3,091 posts
  • Projects:Contra 008 Art (models, textures, wallpapers...)
  •  Color check! Is this text blue?

Posted 24 March 2010 - 05:48 AM

I can just see a human player leading a charge with like 3 Karkadanns in a row surrounded by Scorpions and Quad Cannons, constantly regenerating and shredding a base... man. I wonder if it could out-kill a Bertha/Yan Wang... if those are Stinger launchers like it looks like on the back of the turrets, I would think it could.

There are no stinger launchers back on karkadann,he only has 2 turrets with 3 barells on each turret. He is artillery unit,and resurrecting is slower process,like recycling.
Posted Image

#298 gundamwen

gundamwen

Just try it.

• Project Team
  • 424 posts
  • Projects:Contra 008 Chinese voice (Done for now)

Posted 24 March 2010 - 06:01 AM

There are no stinger launchers back on karkadann,he only has 2 turrets with 3 barells on each turret. He is artillery unit,and resurrecting is slower process,like recycling.

So, it is a long range killer. That will be interesting. ^_^
Posted Image

#299 Guest_Mado star_*

Guest_Mado star_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 March 2010 - 11:05 AM

i c now whenever its gonna be available i will download it thanx guyz u r the best cause contra007 is realy cool

#300 SpardaSon21

SpardaSon21

title available

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 07:37 PM

I know this is a bit late, but why are you changing the unit voices for everyone, Creator? I love hearing unit lines from the Dawn of War games, even though your efforts to match similar units are somewhat poor.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users