762 replies to this topic

#41 Casojin

Casojin

Democracy not Dictatorship

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 23 November 2009 - 07:46 AM

My point is that these two superweapons cannot be built that easily. If the opposing player harasses SWG supplyline and attacks properly, then SWG wouldn't have money to spend on superweapons.

The example is seen in the match that both dcesarec and zorro kept attacking me. Even when I have money to build superweapons, I can't allocate my resources to defend it because my supplyline and units are quite limited.

Fighting against SWG requires some rushing skill and playing SWG requires the same skill as well. In 1v1 playing SWG doesn't mean building only superweapon to defeat your enemy. Offensive structure placing is a better way to spend your money in short term. If the SWG is playing defensively, the resource would be rather limited (due to amount of resource spending on def and enemy attacks) or SWG base would be exposed. In the end, it's up to the skill of players.

Hmm....but in a match with more than 2 player, this would be something to consider. However, rushing from multiple factions would also bring death to SWG easily, which brings back to player skill once again.

My summary is that fighting against SWG must be done actively. If you're playing passive, then you're dead.
CASOJIN

Posted Image

#42 Creator

Creator

The cat

• Hosted
  • 3,632 posts
  • Projects:Contra

Posted 23 November 2009 - 08:20 AM

Everything good,but:
"sw gen.:t-storm and p-cannon have no limit in t-mode"
*sees sw spam incoming*
ehm,why this change?

Because gameplay for SW general is not interesting now. You build 1 Tomahawk Storm and use it once per 4 minutes.

"storm trooper nerfed"
you really have them,don't you?in every version they get a nerf,i think its pretty fine now,they have 7 min reload time,so they must be somehow powerfull for their reload time.

One level 3 Drop Pods strike was equal to victory. They has very high chance to level entire base with minimal losses.

"inf gen:battle fortress nerfed"
why?they are pretty useless without extra 3000 spent on infantry anyway.

If you spend extra 3000 for infantry - it becomes overpowered.

-cyber chinook with 4 or 8 drones, will he be able to transport units like regular one?

Yes, of course.

-"USA: Bunker busters kill infantry properly now." -hope china infantry command center and power plants will not be affected

They will.

Question, what is about infantry early upgrades like you said, all infantry units will have same power at the beginning untill they get unique upgrades also available in the beginning, i didnt saw anything about this. So, for cyber infantry ofcourse, if drones are available at rank 3, which upgrades will affect them in this early stage!??

Exosceletons, as earlier.

More questions about chinooks with drones.If you built them with 4 drones,which drones exactly will he spawn,and what if they are destroyed,they respawn or?Or you deceide which ones and you can mix them?Please explain this to me,i cant figure,so many questions :s

You don't understand. You build a drone for conventinal unit and put that unit into Chinook. Drone will fly around Chinook.

Creator...here are my question?
1) How much is the stormtrooper weakened?
2) Will the China Dozer Armor work the same way as Dozer engine upgrade?
3) Can Flak Gun invisible shell still be blocked by SWG Shield?
4) Have you found what cause an error with Cyber Automated Production and Fafnir yet?
5) Will there be fake Command Truck and Supply Stash for Stealth Gen as well?

1) Health was droped from 500 to 450 (by 10%), damage - from 15 to 12 (by 20%).
2) No.
3) Yes.
4) No yet, but it is planned.
5) Good idea. I'll mke them.

Oh well,so super weapon spam is gonna be dominant in008,because t-storm is cheap and require only 1 power requirement.
He can just expand and then turtle the expansion,and then good luck defeating him in rank1 while he can build unlimited sw1 at rank 1,where he can bombard you every 20 sec.

thats your point casojin,right?

make turtling with sw gen even more powerfull.

I'll upload new replay in some time where Ilya destroyed 3 enemies in a row. One of them was SWG and they played without Tounament mode. SWG spammed Tomahawk Storms and Ilya was under constant tomahawk bombardment. But he survived and won.

Edited by Creator, 23 November 2009 - 08:25 AM.

#43 dcesarec

dcesarec

THE COON

• Project Team
  • 3,091 posts
  • Projects:Contra 008 Art (models, textures, wallpapers...)
  •  Color check! Is this text blue?

Posted 23 November 2009 - 08:44 AM

I understand now creator about chinooks.
So,cyber infantry will have equal firepower at start,and all other infantry will be upgraded with firepower,still at rank 1,and they will get better legs for faster running away?
Creator,if stormtroopers are weaker now,please dont make data upload prerequisite for cyber commando,cause untill rank 5 you will have only stormtroopers (if you deceided to buy commando).All this compared with artillery barrage,neutron and high explosive bombs,also with carpet bobms is weaker.Even now i think they are not so strong,with carefull weapon choice against them,you can destroy them before they destroy your building.
Posted Image

#44 Arcadian Daze

Arcadian Daze

CAPSLOCK!

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 03:45 PM

I'll upload new replay in some time where Ilya destroyed 3 enemies in a row. One of them was SWG and they played without Tounament mode. SWG spammed Tomahawk Storms and Ilya was under constant tomahawk bombardment. But he survived and won.

yes
but i'm not ilya
so i have trouble with just 2/3 tomahawk storms

CAPSLOCK IS THE CRUISECONTROLL FOR COOL

DUDE I'M OGING TO BE 20 THATS THE OLDEST I HAVE EVER BEEN!!!

#45 Thats me!

Thats me!

Title availble

• Members
  • 653 posts
  • Projects:thinking...:p
  •  not Red :(

Posted 23 November 2009 - 05:17 PM

Because gameplay for SW general is not interesting now

so spamming super weapons will make it more intersting?
maybe reducing reload time will be better(like making t-storm reload in 2:30 min,3:30 for p-cannon)

One level 3 Drop Pods strike was equal to victory. They has very high chance to level entire base with minimal losses

well,as i have seen,they destroy max.2-3 structures at a time,how can they take out a full base?maybe a expansion base(supply+another building)but whole base?

If you spend extra 3000 for infantry - it becomes overpowered

actually,battlefortress filled with infantry lose vs. another super unit in 1vs.1 fight(i know they aren't meant to be used alone,but i mean they aren't cost effective).

#46 Casojin

Casojin

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 24 November 2009 - 02:08 AM

yes
but i'm not ilya
so i have trouble with just 2/3 tomahawk storms

What you need is training not the game nerfing for you.

Because gameplay for SW general is not interesting now

maybe reducing reload time will be better(like making t-storm reload in 2:30 min,3:30 for p-cannon)

One level 3 Drop Pods strike was equal to victory. They has very high chance to level entire base with minimal losses

well,as i have seen,they destroy max.2-3 structures at a time,how can they take out a full base?maybe a expansion base(supply+another building)but whole base?

If you spend extra 3000 for infantry - it becomes overpowered

actually,battlefortress filled with infantry lose vs. another super unit in 1vs.1 fight(i know they aren't meant to be used alone,but i mean they aren't cost effective).

Do you ever try playing SWG? Even though I'm capable of playing SWG quite well, I don't like playing this faction at all. It felt like my hands being tied (limited by defensive structures to defend and attack) and I'll have to be the one who is attacked instead of attacking. Unlimited tomahawk storm with 4 min reload time would really make the game more interesting by giving SWG player a chance to attack (so that the opposing faction would not just keep pumping and attacking in large numbers while SWG can only defend and unable to counter-attack).

Drop-pod strike is not equal to instant victory. However, it's very hard to defend and it paves the way to victory. I have witnessed it first hand. What is required for a successful attack with drop-pods is thinking ahead and pre-planning.

Battlefortress is actually a fortress. I think there is a replay showing that in strategy topic (me vs Zorro vs Roy). Fully-loaded fortress can win a duel against every superunit except Bertha or Iron Fist (which are artillery with tough armor that outrange Battlefortress). It's up to the type of infantry you loaded. ATGM and upgraded Tank Hunters are a good combination for fighting off tank-superunits. Red Arrows can take down Wyvern easily (and you would survive a strike from a Wyvern in any case). Against artillery-type superunits, you should use something else.
CASOJIN

Posted Image

#47 Creator

Creator

The cat

• Hosted
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 07:39 AM

For those, who play as SWG - yes, because SWG does not have another attack means. There is strategy of building defense around enemy, but it does not fit for many situations and can not be used all the time. In addition, it will add more stress to the game because it will be impossible to sit on your base and wait. If you don't destroy spammer in time - you die.

They are usually used exactly at the time when enemy attacks you. You get rank 3 during defense operation, purchase Drop Pods and use them immediately on enemy base. He has no rank 3 units and rank 3 defenses yet and his base does not have garrison because he sent all units to attack. He has no chance to survive in such case. Yet another trick is to ally with another Cyber general and use 2 Drop Pods and 2 Commander Drops simultaneously. It is usually made during attack. Both of you attack the same enemy base and use Stormtroopers at the same time. It grants 100% victory.

If you fill it with minigunners - yes. ATGM operators with careful control can solve the problem.

#48 Arcadian Daze

Arcadian Daze

CAPSLOCK!

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 04:17 PM

What you need is training not the game nerfing for you.

i ment that there are more unexperienced played out there
like me or even worse
maybe limit them to 4 or 5 that gives you enough attack possibilities
or for those noobs like me
progam hard and very hard to build less tomahawk storms(like hard 1/2 and insane 2/3)

#49 Casojin

Casojin

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 25 November 2009 - 02:38 AM

I think there is going to be easy level in 008. You guys might train with them first to know stuff and then keep training until you're getting better. Even Zorro (a friend of mine who is now playing regularly with me and dcesarec) is getting better. He used to be defeated by insane AI every time but now he can defeat insane SWG with Laser in 1v1 map.

As I said earlier, you need a training.
CASOJIN

Posted Image

#50 Creator

Creator

The cat

• Hosted
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 07:13 AM

Yes, there will be easy AI in 008. It will build 1 Tomahawk Storm only.

#51 Thats me!

Thats me!

Title availble

• Members
  • 653 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 07:45 AM

then what about making the sw limit for sw gen is based on rank,like this:
rank1:only one t-storm
rank2:2 t0storms
rank3:unlimited t-storms,1 p-cannon
rank4:3 p-cannons
rank4:unlimited p-cannons

because fighting unlimited sw in begin will be a pain,in rank 3 is gonna be easier because then their is aircraft and heavy artillery.

or maybe reduce t-storm damage vs. building by 50%,because they take out 50% of warfac right now,but i think it will be unfair if they are unlimited and they are rank1

#52 Arcadian Daze

Arcadian Daze

CAPSLOCK!

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 04:09 PM

or what about having them require more power
becouse 1 ir a little especially since she has one of the best power plants ingame
if oyu make them 5/8 power required it will stop pepole from spammign them

#53 Thats me!

Thats me!

Title availble

• Members
  • 653 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 08:07 PM

yeah,increasing power requirement may help too.

creator,didn't you say back before 006 release that you would like to play a team without units,when someone asked you who will play with a general that don't have units,you even planned that dozer will be able to capture buildings?

the unlimited sw change sounds like you have never said the above before.

Edited by Thats me!, 25 November 2009 - 08:08 PM.

#54 Casojin

Casojin

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 26 November 2009 - 01:46 AM

or what about having them require more power
becouse 1 ir a little especially since she has one of the best power plants ingame
if oyu make them 5/8 power required it will stop pepole from spammign them

I suggest you try to play SWG against Nuke Gen or Laser Gen with only $10k starting money in 1v1 map and tournament mode. You'll understand why this improvement is necessary.
CASOJIN

Posted Image

#55 Steven285

Steven285
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 06:11 PM

Will Challenge mode return in version 008? I really hope it is. :shiftee2:

#56 Casojin

Casojin

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 02 December 2009 - 06:41 AM

Yes. There will be Challenge mode and campaign in 008. We're working on it.
CASOJIN

Posted Image

#57 Pals7

Pals7
  • Project Team
  • 50 posts
  • Projects:Project Raptor
  •  Amateur Mapper / Novice Modeler

Posted 08 December 2009 - 05:45 PM

Yes. There will be Challenge mode and campaign in 008. We're working on it.

Well I certainly hope it is going to be awesome LOL :popcorn: (Even though I know it is going to be :) )
If you are looking for a specific map I've made, and cannot find it in the forum, feel free to PM me and ask for it.
Or, if you want me to try to make you a specific map. Feel free to PM me with the details on how you want it to look/work and I will do my best to make the map you're looking for.

#58 FAFNIROS

FAFNIROS

• Project Team
  • 378 posts
  • Projects:Contra: arabic replics recorder, wallpaper maker and Contra publisher
  •  1st Tunisian Knew & Published Contra Mod In Tunisia

Posted 12 December 2009 - 12:25 PM

Will Challenge mode return in version 008?

10422.png ContraIco.png  :cool2:

1001181_521150174620846_188153655_n.jpg

#59 dcesarec

dcesarec

THE COON

• Project Team
  • 3,091 posts
  • Projects:Contra 008 Art (models, textures, wallpapers...)
  •  Color check! Is this text blue?

Posted 12 December 2009 - 01:11 PM

Look...just one reply above you...and now when you see it, what normal human has to say to you on this question? How to remain cool and not to piss off?
Posted Image

#60 Su8perkillr

Su8perkillr

Capslockers are attention whores.

• Members
  • 722 posts
  • Projects:Losing the game
  •  Why cant this be red :(

Posted 12 December 2009 - 02:01 PM

i like how you publish creator, you publish like ever 4-10 months. im also following crazy mod, but its quiet there, and he is working on it for like 5 years now, and only a beta is released :/
Posted Image
Posted Image

its like a big ball of tesla troopers firing on down below, but cant attack structures. ION STORM :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users