#421 Su8perkillr

Su8perkillr

Capslockers are attention whores.

• Members
  • 722 posts
  • Projects:Losing the game
  •  Why cant this be red :(

Posted 30 April 2010 - 12:41 PM

Wait... So just rank 1, but with a steady eco?
Posted Image
Posted Image

its like a big ball of tesla troopers firing on down below, but cant attack structures. ION STORM :D

#422 Casojin

Casojin

Democracy not Dictatorship

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 30 April 2010 - 04:57 PM

Black Market requirement would slow down the Howitzer building. So, player can't rush with it so early (it's quite powerful if placed properly, I learned that the hard way in Contra 005).
CASOJIN

Posted Image

#423 Su8perkillr

Su8perkillr

• Members
  • 722 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 07:56 PM

I ment it in defensife way.
Posted Image
Posted Image

its like a big ball of tesla troopers firing on down below, but cant attack structures. ION STORM :D

#424 Arcadian Daze

Arcadian Daze

CAPSLOCK!

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 11:44 AM

Black Market requirement would slow down the Howitzer building. So, player can't rush with it so early (it's quite powerful if placed properly, I learned that the hard way in Contra 005).

but black markets can be built in rank one
you can just barracks>war factory> black market and then you can make howizers already.
i think it would take longer to reach rank 2
(i havent played contra in a long time so excuse me if i'm wrong)

CAPSLOCK IS THE CRUISECONTROLL FOR COOL

DUDE I'M OGING TO BE 20 THATS THE OLDEST I HAVE EVER BEEN!!!

#425 Casojin

Casojin

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 01 May 2010 - 02:26 PM

Combine all that build time, it won't be a rush anymore (coz I'll have units ready to kill the worker trying to rush).
CASOJIN

Posted Image

#426 Arcadian Daze

Arcadian Daze

CAPSLOCK!

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 11:26 AM

but getting rank 2/3 also requires some time in wich it also wouldnt be a rush anymore.
and furthermore
it kinda breaks the balance i think
every general has to wait for artillery based defences until rank 3(exept super weapon) and now also toxin and demo have straight away artillery

#427 dcesarec

dcesarec

THE COON

• Project Team
  • 3,091 posts
  • Projects:Contra 008 Art (models, textures, wallpapers...)
  •  Color check! Is this text blue?

Posted 02 May 2010 - 11:31 AM

but getting rank 2/3 also requires some time in wich it also wouldnt be a rush anymore.
and furthermore
every general has to wait for artillery based defences until rank 3(exept super weapon) and now also toxin and demo have straight away artillery

I can tell you, in hard contesting match with 10k starting money, you wont rush opponent with artillery defense upgrade which requires Black Market. Thats a 80% sure thing.
Posted Image

#428 Creator

Creator

The cat

• Hosted
  • 3,632 posts
  • Projects:Contra

Posted 02 May 2010 - 11:52 AM

Casojin has sent me some arabic replics from BF2. If you know Arabic, translate them please.
http://forums.revora...t...sg&id=25728

Edited by Creator, 02 May 2010 - 11:53 AM.

#429 Thats me!

Thats me!

Title availble

• Members
  • 653 posts
  • Projects:thinking...:p
  •  not Red :(

Posted 02 May 2010 - 02:51 PM

Creator,if i click the link,a error shows up,and that is that i don't have premission to use this featura

#430 FAFNIROS

FAFNIROS

• Project Team
  • 378 posts
  • Projects:Contra: arabic replics recorder, wallpaper maker and Contra publisher
  •  1st Tunisian Knew & Published Contra Mod In Tunisia

Posted 02 May 2010 - 05:41 PM

Casojin has sent me some arabic replics from BF2. If you know Arabic, translate them please.
http://forums.revora...t...sg&id=25728

ok

10422.png ContraIco.png  :cool2:

1001181_521150174620846_188153655_n.jpg

#431 Creator

Creator

The cat

• Hosted
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 07:28 AM

Fixed download link:
http://contra.cncgui.../GLA_replic.rar

#432 FAFNIROS

FAFNIROS

• Project Team
  • 378 posts
  • Projects:Contra: arabic replics recorder, wallpaper maker and Contra publisher
  •  1st Tunisian Knew & Published Contra Mod In Tunisia

Posted 03 May 2010 - 08:41 AM

Fixed download link:
http://contra.cncgui.../GLA_replic.rar

look the best think is to put thoose replics in S60 Flack gun [they have the same sound)

10422.png ContraIco.png  :cool2:

1001181_521150174620846_188153655_n.jpg

#433 Arcadian Daze

Arcadian Daze

CAPSLOCK!

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 09:44 AM

and furthermore

I can tell you, in hard contesting match with 10k starting money, you wont rush opponent with artillery defense upgrade which requires Black Market. Thats a 80% sure thing.

that wasnt my point.
if you and your oponment are rank 2 and by that time you already have a steady eco.
tox and demo could already make powerfull arty defense.
and those artyllery defenses are a pain to destroy with rank 2 tanks.
especially when you're a slow playing guy(like me and other not-very-experienced players) your oponment can have them at rank one already

#434 dcesarec

dcesarec

THE COON

• Project Team
  • 3,091 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 12:56 PM

and furthermore

that wasnt my point.
if you and your oponment are rank 2 and by that time you already have a steady eco.
especially when you're a slow playing guy(like me and other not-very-experienced players) your oponment can have them at rank one already

Sorry man, but i think when 008 comes out, you will see that nothing special is about having artillery defense at rank1 (for gla). Those artillery defenses are not like USA that haves at rank 3, or china...This is ordinary artillery like some artillery units, and thus, they are stationary. Its nothing hardcore.
Posted Image

#435 Su8perkillr

Su8perkillr

• Members
  • 722 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 01:47 PM

and furthermore

that wasnt my point.

Sorry man, but i think when 008 comes out, you will see that nothing special is about having artillery defense at rank1 (for gla). Those artillery defenses are not like USA that haves at rank 3, or china...This is ordinary artillery like some artillery units, and thus, they are stationary. Its nothing hardcore.

Also, if I defend, I will use arty buggies and wont build these untill late game, so you wont even have to care about this as buggies are rank 1 and trained with veteranicy (if I take that upgrade.).
Posted Image
Posted Image

#436 dcesarec

dcesarec

THE COON

• Project Team
  • 3,091 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 01:53 PM

Exactly!
Posted Image

#437 Arcadian Daze

Arcadian Daze

CAPSLOCK!

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 10:28 PM

well if i remember correctly
those artilley bases where always quite a pain in 007 and 006 for me
they where stealth, had high fire power, and quite some health
if its firepower will be toned down(wich i think will be done if i am right) and something will be done with the stealth function. i'll agree with it

#438 Casojin

Casojin

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 04 May 2010 - 02:06 AM

The GLA artillery defense is nerfed after 005. 4-5 shots from tank round can blow it to pieces. You just need to move close to the artillery platform so that it can't fire at you. Dragon tank can also quickly level it to the ground without much problem. You just need to know what to use against it.
CASOJIN

Posted Image

#439 Creator

Creator

The cat

• Hosted
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 08:48 AM

well if i remember correctly
those artilley bases where always quite a pain in 007 and 006 for me
they where stealth, had high fire power, and quite some health
if its firepower will be toned down(wich i think will be done if i am right) and something will be done with the stealth function. i'll agree with it

You confused versions. You need to write "in 006 and 005" because they were weakened in 007 and rank 2 requirement was set.

I removed rank 2 requirement now. But I was told about bigger problem with GLA defenses. All defense sites (except Stinger Sites) are a more powerful than other defense structures of all other generals. So, I'm planning to recalculate their characteristics. The most probably, I will reduce both cost and armor by 10-20%. They will become less costy and less powerful, but overall ballance will be kept.

#440 Su8perkillr

Su8perkillr

• Members
  • 722 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 12:56 PM

So if I get it right, you are decreasing everything? If so, that is really unnecesary, even better, it is bad. Lower numbers result into harder dmg devision. For example: You can devide 1 by 4 and it becomes 0.25. So you can use 1 also, and make dmg 0.25. But when you use a integer like 1000, you can devide it by 4 into 250. That has much more space to play with. You could give tanks 333 dmg to this particular unit, or 300, or 200. When you use 1, that is also posible, but it will look odd.
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users