#521 Creator

Creator

The cat

• Hosted
  • 3,632 posts
  • Projects:Contra

Posted 18 July 2010 - 07:03 PM

Fixed errors:

- All experience was checked. Some bugs were were found: players gained too much XP for some units and too small XP for anothers. Everything was fixed.
- Stealth general: GLA Factory did not have camouflage upgrade cameo. Fixed.
- Demo general: Destroyed Dolphin threw terrorist body into air. The body did not fall down sometimes. Fixed.
- Laser: Sentry Drones started to fire at air units after Carbon Lasers upgrade. They should not do it. Fixed.
- SW general: It was impossible to put mines and drones into build queue for defense structures. Partialy fixed. If you build drone first then you can put mines into queue.
- China: When you select multiple Overlords or Helixes, all upgrade buttons disappear if one of them was upgraded. It was very inconvenient. Fixed.
- GLA: Demo and Toxin gneneral defenses could not be disabled by microwave tanks. Fixed.
- When you put mouse cursor over Helix upgrade, the game says "Install sometning... on a tank". Fixed.
- SW general ICBM missile silo had graphics glitch. The missile exploded with MOAB effect, but destroyed silo exploded with nuke effect. Fixed.

Changes:

- All: Build speed is not reduced when you have low power. This feature was enabled since the very first Generals and brought a number of bugs into the game:
*** GLA has no power. And hence, everything is built with less speed (yes, it is true, it was tested and prooved).
*** When GLA captures an enemy building, all build speed is reduced even more.
*** When GLA builds structures using fake buildings they are built faster because building speed penalty does not effect upgrades.
All these bugs were fixed with one change.

- Experience was calculated properly for China and GLA boss generals units.
- Generals challenge loading screen was replaced with screenshot from Contra.
- All snipers in game have 25% less attack range and less movement speed.
- All: Planes have beautiful engine trail now.
- AF general: Combat Chinook has 15% less attack range. Number of sit places were lowered from 8 to 6.
- AF general: New helicopter - Pave Low. (you saw it already).
- Cyber general: Leech money stealing ability requires Supply Drop Zone. Build Supply Drop Zone to access this ability. No upgrades are needed.
- Cyber general: Pegasus brings 50% more damage now.
- Cyber general: Roboraptor cost was reduced to $1200.
- Cyber general: Pegasus has new 3D model (you saw the render already).
- SW general: Mines were moved at rank 1.
- Laser general: Palladin firepower and cost were increased.
- Laser general: New effect for Omega and Annihilator (you saw the screenshot already).
- China: ECM shells disable vehicles instantly now. Vehicles stay disabled for 3 seconds.
- China: Red Arrows were strengthed by 20% versus air targets.
- Tank general: Sniper Cannon shell flies slower and can miss fast moving units.
- Tank general: Helix has 6 sit places now. It is enough to transport 2 tanks. But Battle bunker upgrade was removed.
- Tank general: New unit: Bixi cargo helicopter. It can transport overlord class tanks.
- Tank general: All gattlings were replaced with Gauss cannons. Gauss addon instead of Gattling addon, Gauss tank instead of Gattling tank and new Gauss shells upgrade instead of Chainguns upgrade.
- Tank general: Autoloader upgrade effects Sniper Cannon now.
- Infantry general: Minigunners have 15% less attack range versus air units. (There is nothing bad with it because Red Arrow and Gattling Troop Crawler were strengthed versus air.)
- Infantry general: Gattling Troop Crawler has AA armor now. It is resistant to aircraft fire. And so, Gattling Troop Crawler will not be destroyed with one F18 any more.
- Infantry general: Listening Outpost is built empty and costs less.
- Infantry general: Aircraft armor upgrade was returned.
- Infantry general: I made new 3D model for fast troop transport, which was added earlier to Infantry general. Fast transport was turned into jet APC. Render and screenshots will be uploaded a bit later.
- Flame general: Flamethrower trooper missile explodes with no delay after Thermobaric mixtures upgrade. It allows to kill moving soldiers effectively.
- Flame general: Immolator flamethrower was replaced with autogenous welding, which is effective vs all targets.
- GLA: Microwave tanks don't disable stinger sites any more. (They kill stinger troopers and it is enough).
- GLA: You can build many fake Black Markets and fake Super Weapons in any game mode. Black Markets limit was set to 6 and super weapons limit is 1 in tournament mode. When you reach the limits, upgrade button becomes greyed out. So, you can continue to build fake structures, but will not be able to upgrade them if limits are reached.
- GLA: Batte Bus is stealth now, but it moves 15% slower and its armor was lowered by 15% too.
- Toxin general: Chemical Bunker was turned from super demo trap into small defiler. It can contaminate surrounding terrain with toxins, acids and yellow clouds by button.
- Assault general: Sneak attack general's ability is purchased from the very beginning and available at rank 1.
- Assault general: Karkadann can fire at air units with its cannons now.
- Assault general: New building: Hedgehog wall. Worker builds a square of 12 artificial obstacles. One square costs $600. Obstacles block path for enemy units and have enough armor to delay enemy army significantly.
- Assault general: New graphics for vehicle resurrection ability.

Canceled changes:

- Nuke and Tank generals supply trucks were returned. Tank one has supply truck with machinegun.

Edited by Creator, 19 July 2010 - 06:32 AM.

#522 Su8perkillr

Su8perkillr

Capslockers are attention whores.

• Members
  • 722 posts
  • Projects:Losing the game
  •  Why cant this be red :(

Posted 18 July 2010 - 11:54 PM

Show the aircraft trails :mellow:

-karkadann > How can a big battletank attack air with his shells? It seems like arty vs air to me...
Posted Image
Posted Image

its like a big ball of tesla troopers firing on down below, but cant attack structures. ION STORM :D

#523 Casojin

Casojin

Democracy not Dictatorship

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 19 July 2010 - 07:49 AM

These changes seem nice.

Hmm....the sniper supposes to shoot from afar, doesn't he?

-karkadann > How can a big battletank attack air with his shells? It seems like arty vs air to me...

Shaiton (whatever new name it has) can shoot with big cannon too.
CASOJIN

Posted Image

#524 lil tasman

lil tasman

CnC Mapper

• Hosted
  • 903 posts
  • Projects:Contra 008, Fallout Wars
  •  Contra 008 Wallpapers, Advertising and Maps. Fallout Wars AI Coding, Advertising, and Maps.

Posted 19 July 2010 - 12:27 PM

- GLA: Batte Bus is stealth now, but it moves 15% slower and its armor was lowered by 15% too.

Awesome, a stealthy, movable bunker!!

- China: Red Arrows were strengthed by 20% versus air targets.

Good, now I don't need a horde to take down 2 airplanes :p
Amat Victoria Curam
Victory Loves Preparation

Posted Image

#525 Guest_Nafre_*

Guest_Nafre_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 July 2010 - 12:55 PM

Anyone knows the predicted time for contra 008 release? I always wanted to try contra in challenge since it brings a huge ammount of changes, finished the challenge series with 3 different generals because i love it soo much hehe. Cheers and good job, read all the changes and i like them, still unsure about the supply building costs as i only read the update post not all of the posts :S will read them in a bit hehe.
Thanks a bunch and keep up the great work, btw love the new names for chinese units, are they chinese translation of the english names or are they different?

#526 lil tasman

lil tasman

CnC Mapper

• Hosted
  • 903 posts
  •  Contra 008 Wallpapers, Advertising and Maps. Fallout Wars AI Coding, Advertising, and Maps.

Posted 19 July 2010 - 01:03 PM

Not for a long while, much much much more work still has to be done on the campaign and generals challenge, along with the fact that Creator still has to finish the actual mod. We do NOT know an exact date, but if you ask Creator, he will just say "when it is done", so do not bother.

It will not be released for a while.
Amat Victoria Curam

Posted Image

#527 Creator

Creator

The cat

• Hosted
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 06:30 AM

It fires missiles from its cannons. It looks good enough and original at the same time.

#528 Su8perkillr

Su8perkillr

• Members
  • 722 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 12:27 PM

It fires missiles from its cannons. It looks good enough and original at the same time.

Sounds... Wicked, odd and original at the same time. Support +1 :p
Posted Image
Posted Image

its like a big ball of tesla troopers firing on down below, but cant attack structures. ION STORM :D

#529 Arcadian Daze

Arcadian Daze

CAPSLOCK!

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 04:29 PM

- China: ECM shells disable vehicles instantly now. Vehicles stay disabled for 3 seconds.

wont this be VERY annoying if using super units?
a ECM tank could disable a super unit alone in 007 but it took so long every super unit could kill them before being disabled.
now you can theoretically kill a super unit with a ECM tank and a mille trooper.

CAPSLOCK IS THE CRUISECONTROLL FOR COOL

DUDE I'M OGING TO BE 20 THATS THE OLDEST I HAVE EVER BEEN!!!

#530 Su8perkillr

Su8perkillr

• Members
  • 722 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 06:09 PM

I think that super units have a special treatment on this :p
Posted Image
Posted Image

#531 lil tasman

lil tasman

CnC Mapper

• Hosted
  • 903 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 06:26 PM

Just like you cannot snipe a Shaitan with a Jarmen Kell
Amat Victoria Curam

Posted Image

#532 Su8perkillr

Su8perkillr

• Members
  • 722 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 10:53 PM

Just like you cannot snipe a Shaitan with a Jarmen Kell

Kind of, but I think it will be more like if ECM normally took 10 seconds to disable, now it will be 5 or something. Or just as long. We will have to ask Creator to be sure.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#533 Creator

Creator

The cat

• Hosted
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 06:52 AM

a ECM tank could disable a super unit alone in 007 but it took so long every super unit could kill them before being disabled.
now you can theoretically kill a super unit with a ECM tank and a mille trooper.

Super units are not effected by ECM since Contra 006 (or 005).

#534 Arcadian Daze

Arcadian Daze

CAPSLOCK!

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 11:13 AM

Super units are not effected by ECM since Contra 006 (or 005).

i just cheked that out and...
my iron fist got disabled. i have 007(not sure if you can see it though)

Attached Files

#535 Creator

Creator

The cat

• Hosted
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 09:31 AM

I need to check this out. There are 2 types of vehicle disablers based on different code. There is ECM effect and EMP effect. I seems that I confused something.

#536 Arcadian Daze

Arcadian Daze

CAPSLOCK!

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 02:28 PM

maybe its able to disable them but that it will take longer/more

otherwise there would be no tactical way to destroy superunits

#537 Thats me!

Thats me!

Title availble

• Members
  • 653 posts
  • Projects:thinking...:p
  •  not Red :(

Posted 22 July 2010 - 09:15 PM

good changes,

Build speed is not reduced when you have low power. This feature was enabled since the very first Generals and brought a number of bugs into the game:

i think that defences and powerplants should still have reduced build times(gla doesn't have pps)

All snipers in game have 25% less attack range and less movement speed

won't this make it a little up,and i agree with casojin,they are supposed too shoot from afar.

Tank general: All gattlings were replaced with Gauss cannons. Gauss addon instead of Gattling addon, Gauss tank instead of Gattling tank and new Gauss shells upgrade instead of Chainguns upgrade

a gauss tank,hmmm,won't it be a little op?,because gauss is much more effective vs. tanks then normal gattling.

Flame general: Immolator flamethrower was replaced with autogenous welding, which is effective vs all targets

,Yeah,i always wanted a change like that

great so far,
keep up the good work.

Edited by Thats me!, 22 July 2010 - 09:17 PM.

#538 fieldwings

fieldwings
  • Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 01:35 AM

Uh, why? I understand slowing them down, but the whole point of snipers is to hit infantry from extreme ranges.

- Flame general: Immolator flamethrower was replaced with autogenous welding, which is effective vs all targets.

Can you explain how that actually works? I'm not quite sure if I can get my head around it without seeing it or having a better explanation.

- Assault general: Sneak attack general's ability is purchased from the very beginning and available at rank 1.

That's a HYPER-dangerous change, matches will be over a lot faster between humans this way.

Edited by fieldwings, 23 July 2010 - 01:50 AM.

#539 lil tasman

lil tasman

CnC Mapper

• Hosted
  • 903 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 01:37 AM

That's a HYPER-dangerous change, especially for the Demo general. Matches will be over a lot faster between humans this way.

True, now you may have a sneak attack at the back of your base just off the start.
Amat Victoria Curam

Posted Image

#540 gundamwen

gundamwen

Just try it.

• Project Team
  • 424 posts
  • Projects:Contra 008 Chinese voice (Done for now)

Posted 23 July 2010 - 05:54 PM

Nice Changes, Creator, The " Shandian" (Lightning) transport and "Bixi"Heavy transport look very interesting, Where did you get " Bixi" from. what does it mean?

Only one change i dislike: i love the way Sniper Cannon fire before, it show that it is truly great anti-vehicle weapon. now it is not as accurate as before, at least you should make it move faster. ( It moves kind of slow). I know that you have made A-100 move faster, but i don't know if you did the same thing to Sniper Cannon. ;)
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users