#1 m@tt

m@tt

#######

• Project Team
  • 4,056 posts
  • Projects:The Dwarf Holds
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 17 February 2010 - 02:49 PM

The TDH team has tried to make the modification as balanced as possible, however it won't be perfect as it's the first public release.

So if you have any suggestions for us on how to make it more balanced, then post away!
Posted Image

#2 Baki

Baki

title available

• Project Team
  • 357 posts
  • Projects:TDH AI

Posted 18 February 2010 - 02:22 PM

First of all this mod is just awesome, and so far I really like how the Dwarves are balanced and not too OP as I first thought. :p

But there is one thing that is really unfar imo: the knockback of the Ithilien Rangeers and Boromir. Yesterday a battalion of Rangers screwed a Warg Rider battalion of mine, simply because the Wargs weren't able to attack because the Rangers switched to their melee mode. When they use their swords, they knock back everything, even trolls. A bunch of Rangers really shouldn't be able to simply knock back heavier stuff like wargs and trolls, the same with Boromir.
Please remove this in the next version. :good:

And a general tip for some kind of banner carriers:
the banners of stronger units like Warg Riders, Rhun Soldiers and Black Uruks have quite weak banner carriers (health!, attack and armor) compared with their own strength, but this was already the issue in the vanilla game I think. But still it would be great if you guys could fix this.

Edited by BakiNoM, 18 February 2010 - 02:37 PM.

Posted Image

#3 Spartan184

Spartan184

:)

• Project Team
  • 1,592 posts
  • Projects:Random Modding Projects
  •  Coder, Map.ini Coder, Mapper, and Beta Tester

Posted 18 February 2010 - 02:34 PM

For the Ranger, and Boromir knock back I don't think it should be removed cause it under powers Gondor in the beginning. Maybe remove it from rangers but please not from Boromir.

safsignature.png

#4 NewErr

NewErr

Elf-friend

• Project Team
  • 2,177 posts
  • Projects:Wars of The Firstborn
  •  World Wide Artist

Posted 18 February 2010 - 05:12 PM

I may suggest Dain the Deathless Gets Are-of -effect attacks ? compering to the Balrog Or Army of the Dead he is pretty week and I better gets some Guards then using him .

#5 Nertea

Nertea

...lo sa raptor!

• Hosted
  • 3,349 posts
  • Projects:Star Villains and Space heroes, The Dwarf Holds
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:BFME/Unity

Posted 18 February 2010 - 05:47 PM

The issues in those first posts are native to vanillia 1.03 - some of the stranger balance decisions they made.

Durin isn't supposed to fight for you - he's a support hero. His abilities are immensely powerful, being able to remove 75% of a large group of enemies' armor is nothing to laugh at. He can also upgrade your troops for free - a good 1200 in value (and his timer is long enough to use Royal Forges twice), and his leadership give massive bonuses (+50% damage, -25% recharge time for powers, 4x experience gained, +10% armor) accross the entire map. Baruk Khazad gives even more bonuses, though they're short range and temporary.

He's as much of a superweapon as the Balrog or AotD - he just needs some skill to use, unlike the other nukes.

sig.png
I really don't do requests and my Arnor Soldier is not fit for BFME. Don't ask me for either.

#6 tomac

tomac
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 05:57 PM

Give Erebor a land like Tainted Land or Elven Wood please. If a game is 1 hour, your enemy can spam like 10 or 15 TL's and EW's on the field. Just change it with that treasure powerpoint (forgot the name) which is not needed anyway, because dwarves economy is very good. Also recharge time of Horn of the Gate is too short. Make it the same as Warchant I would say.

#7 NewErr

NewErr

Elf-friend

• Project Team
  • 2,177 posts
  •  World Wide Artist

Posted 18 February 2010 - 06:02 PM

No , leave the Truesilver mine I say . They need $$ more then buffs , they are pretty powerful on their own.

And sorry about Durin ,but Dwarfs are naturally strong , witch upgrades are very very powerful and with Durin around they are ... well invincible .Now i get the plan. :p

Edited by Valaquenta10, 18 February 2010 - 06:14 PM.

#8 Baki

Baki

title available

• Project Team
  • 357 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 06:05 PM

Give Erebor a land like Tainted Land or Elven Wood please. If a game is 1 hour, your enemy can spam like 10 or 15 TL's and EW's on the field. Just change it with that treasure powerpoint (forgot the name) which is not needed anyway, because dwarves economy is very good. Also recharge time of Horn of the Gate is too short. Make it the same as Warchant I would say.

I think it's quite fine as it is.
And the recharge time for Horn of the Gate is appropriate, as it only lasts for 30 sceonds as far as I remember; unlike Warchant. :p
Posted Image

#9 tomac

tomac
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 06:21 PM

Oke but what about land? It's not fun when your enemy can spam that much land. It does counter Horn of the Gate and other ld, doesn't it?

BTW warchant also only lasts 30 secs I think

Edited by tomac, 18 February 2010 - 06:23 PM.

#10 Baki

Baki

title available

• Project Team
  • 357 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 06:58 PM

The Dwarves have really enough buffs, and I can't see a problem with the Elven Wood/Tainted Land powers.
To "spam" them all over the map you have to play really long, at least some hours, so..
Posted Image

#11 tomac

tomac
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 07:21 PM

Well I just wanna know if land cancels all leadership from the dwarves.

#12 Guest_sharpbubble_*

Guest_sharpbubble_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 February 2010 - 12:53 PM

the dwalf camp and outpost need to be changed imo.

the camp has a gate, no other faction has this option.

the outpost has something like 5 or 6 build spots with 3 spots to bulid tovers.

i think the isen ram is to powerful or the gondor walls are too weak.

i send 2 rank 2 peasents to fight 2 dwalf units without rank and get owned. only killed 3 dwalf units and lost all peasents.

you really need to do something about the infomation voice on the dwalf faction, sounds like someone had just pissed about in their bedroom.
why not get players to read the script wilest recording themselfs and choose one that sounds more like a dwalf.

imo the sound of gimli dying over and over again as it does when dwalf units die can be very off putting. maybe do the same at my surjestion above.

the camera is set to low in game as well. put it this way its nearer the action that the narmal setting.

#13 Baki

Baki

title available

• Project Team
  • 357 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 02:24 PM

the dwarf camp and outpost need to be changed imo.

Why?

the camp has a gate, no other faction has this option.

That's what makes Erebor unique. In return the Dwarven units are slower.

the outpost has something like 5 or 6 build spots with 3 spots to build towers.

No. It has 3 just like the other factions.

i think the isen ram is to powerful or the gondor walls are too weak.

Camp walls are supposed to be weak.

i send 2 rank 2 peasents to fight 2 dwalf units without rank and get owned. only killed 3 dwalf units and lost all peasents.

That's how it should be. A Peasant battalion costs 100. The Dwarves are much more expensive. And a bunch of peasants should not be able to kill some Dwarven Warriors.
Posted Image

#14 NewErr

NewErr

Elf-friend

• Project Team
  • 2,177 posts
  •  World Wide Artist

Posted 20 February 2010 - 02:03 PM

I think dwarves should be a bit less powerful IMO . Even with the high-costs , with 2 guard units can clear the whole map .

#15 _Haldir_

_Haldir_

Mapper

• Project Team
  • 1,203 posts
  • Projects:The Dwarf Holds, The Elven Alliance: Community Edition
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 21 February 2010 - 12:30 AM

Hmmm, i think the guard units are okay. Against the ai maybe, but any decent player would be able to use hit and run tactics to cause a lot of problems ;)

Guards are still vulnerable to rohirrim archers, cavalry trample, trolls/ents, eagles/nazgul, siege weapons, or a large enough (upgraded) archer army.

Posted Image Posted Image

#16 NewErr

NewErr

Elf-friend

• Project Team
  • 2,177 posts
  •  World Wide Artist

Posted 21 February 2010 - 09:10 PM

So to beat the dwarves I need to spawn a lot of archers or rohirrim archers. I'll keep that in mind .

Btw

Can you change the stats for the Rohan Elves? They are far expensive then Yomans but they suck 2 times then them . :sleep:

Edited by Valaquenta10, 21 February 2010 - 09:11 PM.

#17 MrBlack103

MrBlack103
  • Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 09:37 PM

...Wha? You saying elven warriors suck?

#18 Taralom

Taralom

Self-proclaimed A**hole

• Project Team
  • 1,519 posts
  • Projects:Turned to Writing
  •  I R GOOGL'd

Posted 21 February 2010 - 10:22 PM

I was wondering if the berzerkers damage area is removed on purpose?
It's the main reason I use them, you see. :sleep:
If the above post offended you in any way,
please take note that, until further notice, I don't care, so get lost.

#19 Nertea

Nertea

...lo sa raptor!

• Hosted
  • 3,349 posts
  • Projects:Star Villains and Space heroes, The Dwarf Holds
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:BFME/Unity

Posted 22 February 2010 - 12:40 AM

I don't recall removing it, and a glance at the weapon file shows it's still there.

We've worked out that the main issue with the Khazad Guard is the fact that they're cheap enough to get out quite early and that their Axe Throw is quite overpowered. Changes will be made to the cost of the Guardhouse and the reload time/damage of Axe Throw for the next release.

sig.png
I really don't do requests and my Arnor Soldier is not fit for BFME. Don't ask me for either.

#20 Taralom

Taralom

Self-proclaimed A**hole

• Project Team
  • 1,519 posts
  • Projects:Turned to Writing
  •  I R GOOGL'd

Posted 22 February 2010 - 03:58 PM

Strange... I had a small fight with the berzerker vs dwarves, and he hit only one at a time. :p

Btw, how does a single elven warrior do versus a single Azagh-Baruk? I've been trying to test it, but elves seem to win by sheer numbers.
If the above post offended you in any way,
please take note that, until further notice, I don't care, so get lost.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users