#1 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts
  • Projects:Remix Beta 1.0

Posted 24 June 2010 - 09:39 AM

******Edited for Beta 0.75*******

A reward for the patient... now with more bug-fixes.

Remix on ModDB The new version is up on ModDB.

And for those with interest, the ReadMe:

Remix Beta 0.75
INTRODUCTION:
This is a Bug-Fix release. Over the past week I’ve gotten more feedback than the whole year together. I appreciate the huge community response. For my part I’ve fixed a great many of the issues that creeped out during the 0.72 while making minimal changes to the game play.

VERSION NOTES 0.75
The following is a line item list of the changes in Beta 0.75:

The installer has been improved with the addition of a backup feature and uninstaller.

The Remix core .Big files now start with a “!” instead of “_” to resolve compatibility issues with certain releases of ZeroHour.

Small Drone units for Micro can no longer build drones of their own. This was exploitable in PvP.

Stealth Monument now has stealth, but has a longer reload, 90 seconds.

All Tier1 and Tier2 tech buildings have the same build times for all generals. Assault is the exception. He can hit T2 20 seconds sooner, but but reaches Tier3 30 seconds late. This is because he upgrades one structure instead of building a new one each time.

Cobra Tank, I deleted the camo netting entirely, so it shouldn't display when dead.

Cybr Reserve Strategy Center now uses correct command sets after toggling a strategy.

Cybr Mech Factory now has proper build time for a tech center.

Removed “SharedTimer” from Stealth Missile Silos. They now have independent timers with correct behavior.
Cybr Strategic Reserve command sets and buttons fixed

Fixed Game crash when changing Strategies while SpiderWeb is built.

Fixed Cybr Macro builder command sets when changing to/from drone command set.

Fixed Aslt Oil Refinery game crash.

AirF A10's now fly "Low and Slow" all the time and drop their payload faster. They will now always make 1 pass only, unless their target dies before they unload fully.

AirF A10's no longer have the "Guard Air" command.

Assault's MLRS trailer now has the same build requirements as the defense site.

Strategic Reserve centers no long grant the wide vision radius of a real Strat center with Search and Destroy.

AirF C27 Spartan now has correct description and tooltip

Demo and Aslt Biker lists now match their infantry choices correctly. Build times and costs of Bikers have also been corrected.

Chemical exports upgrade moved from "Powers Selector" to Black Market to fix band-select problem on dozers near the command center.
Assault GLA super Cannons now create GLA hole when destroyed

Demo GLA Bomber, Interceptor, and suicide plane tooltips and mouseovers fixed

Removed excess "subtlety upgrade" from Demo command truck. It is now at the palace only.

Demo Suicide plane behavior fixed. it now attacks and dies correctly.

Leonidas Mech no longer shoots while being built, no longer shakes, and the main cannon has been rebalanced with shorter range (still long, but not super) and less splash radius (still large, but not super)

All ground units (except walkers and infantry) can now move backwards

Laser General Artillery units now have less shroud clearing

AirF B4 icon fixed.

AirF LongBow guided missiles upgrade will no longer say "Air Field full"

Infantry General Dragon troop uses correct flame thrower

Infantry General Officers grant frenzy less often, but it lasts longer. This will reduce the impact on mini-gunners

All advanced dozers can build power plants.

Fixed labels for Su47 R&D buttons

added Mouseover text for SU47 black

SU47 Black now drops missiles faster and in a more narrow field of fire, they should hit more consistently now.

Heavy command tank *should* no longer have accelerated animations after combat.

Laser General super tank treads should no longer bounce.

AirF Designator base defense has corrected tooltip, name, and mouse over. The Air strike is determined by your escalation level.

Stealth GLA purchased powers prices cut in half.

Tank general ECM Uplink (and all other Subdual_Unresistable damage sources) should no longer play a damage FX on structures

Chimera tanks, health Raised and cost lowered.

All ground units now include "AirborneTargetingHieght" to prevent ground weapons from targeting them while parachuting or blasted into the air by a large shockwave.
GameData.ini has been edited to improve performance on systems lagging due to video problems with “DrawEntireTerrain”

VERSION NOTES 0.72
First off, some of you may wonder “Why Beta 0.72?” Beta 1.0 will have all 12 Generals at their prime and ready to play with every intended feature and full AI support. 72% is my estimate of how much of that work has been done. When you consider AI is a hefty chunk of what’s left that should make it clear this is very close to the final product in the game-play department.
There were far too many changes over far too long a time give a line-item list of changes. Instead rather I’m going to point out some highlights to check out and a few things to expect in future versions.
At this time there are 3 working AI factions. Air Force America, Tank China, and Demolitions GLA.
Tank General-
Tank’s AI is fairly well rounded. For new players the Passive AI should give an appropriate, if perhaps too simple, experience. Tank General’s Aggressive AI is extremely aggressive and considerably more challenging than the old Robot General Hard AI. Tank General’s Insane AI is properly insane. There is no semblance to “fair”. The Insane is only intended to play against with friends for a multi-player “Comp-Stomp”.
Demo General-
Demo’s AI is less polished than the others, but he still gives quite a good fight on the right setting. Demo’s Passive AI is truly passive. It builds no units and will not attack or defend itself. It can be a great test bed for trying a new army without fear, but serves little other purpose at this time. Demo’s Aggressive AI gives a steady an unrelenting onslaught. Its base building is less prolific than Tank’s but his steady stream of units will give any player a healthy challenge. Demo’s Insane AI is challenging to defend against, his attack is just as steady as the Aggressive’s, but he tech’s up considerably faster.
Air Force General -
Air Force is a beast. On Passive he has the potential to challenge most players. On Aggressive he is nearly unstoppable, plowing through Tank General Insane AI’s with ease. A single AirF Aggressive AI is only suitable for a Multi-player experience. AirF Insane AI is unstoppable. If you can beat him, save a replay, I want to see it, seriously.

Faction Progress has been good in other areas. AirF, SupW, Robo, Tank, Nuke, Infa, Flam, Demo, and Slth are all “done”. There will be little to no change in these generals in the coming versions with the exception of a very few planned units that will be added. Chem, , and Aslt will receive a little bit more, but nothing too dramatic; 2-4 new units each and possibly powers or upgrades. Laser General will be completely and totally overhauled in the next release.

INSTALLATION:
The self-extracting EXE will automatically point to your ZH installation folder. Click next to Install. The installer will take a backup of the ZH files overwritten during the install. If you have an older version of Remix Escalation installed it will be overwritten automatically.
To Uninstall the mod run the Uninstall.exe created in your ZH folder. It will restore the files backed up prior to the mod install and delete all mod files.

TROUBLESHOOTING:
Make sure no other mods or previous public releases of Remix are installed.
You can run the installer in a different folder and hand copy the needed files into place.
For futher assistance, check the forums for Q&As.
http://forums.revora...?showforum=1595

Thanks for reading :p
Pendaelose

Edited by Capt.Drake, 02 July 2010 - 05:35 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#2 ApOcOlYpS

ApOcOlYpS

title available

• Project Team
  • 523 posts
  • Projects:Remix Escalation

Posted 24 June 2010 - 12:59 PM

The only thing that really could make this better is if my friend didn't steal my Generals disc 2 days ago.

#3 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • Projects:Remix Escalation Top Quality Imaginer and Pro Tester. CnC Guild Gossip Whore
  •  Misanthropic Hulking Adonis

Posted 24 June 2010 - 01:15 PM

PM me or Cpt Drake or Pendaelose regarding this.
Posted Image
CnC Guild - As ancient as time itself.
Do you like anything CnC releated? Then the CnC guild likes you! Go make friends with it.

Latest Remix Escalation on ModDB
Remix Escalation on Revora - Track the latest news and changes.

#4 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 June 2010 - 01:48 PM

I have this new windows 7 pc but it doesn't launch remix... is it normal that it doesn't work with 7 or do I need to reinstall?

#5 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 01:57 PM

I have this new windows 7 pc but it doesn't launch remix... is it normal that it doesn't work with 7 or do I need to reinstall?

I tested it on Win7, it was fine. If ZH is installed correctly it should pickup the install location from your registry. If it doesn't want to install to the right location automatically you just need hand-point it at your ZH folder and run the install there then use your standard ZH shortcut.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#6 Capt.Drake

Capt.Drake

Rangers Lead the Way

• Project Team
  • 1,851 posts
  • Projects:A new map for Remix Mod
  •  Remix Escalation Alpha Tester ,Camo Artist and part-time Mapper

Posted 24 June 2010 - 01:57 PM

Well I got Win 7 too and it works
well it might take a bit or you use the original icon

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 June 2010 - 02:07 PM

Than I have to try a bit more :p I already found out it wasn't because of remix but because of generals itself

#8 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 03:05 PM

yeah, well, it would be fair to say if ZH doesn't work you'll have a hard time playing Remix. On Win7 64 I've seen some systems that can only run ZH in compatibility mode, and others that can only run it without it.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#9 Thats me!

Thats me!

Title availble

• Members
  • 653 posts
  • Projects:thinking...:p
  •  not Red :(

Posted 24 June 2010 - 03:14 PM

Yeah!
"waits for tests to end,so i can play zh back,which i havent played in like 7 months now"

thx pend!

#10 jay-ar

jay-ar
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 04:00 PM

GREAT!!!!! :p Earlier than expected. Finally! After years of waiting, it is now released. Thank you so much Pend. Will play it now and report if there are some bugs. Thanks also for the whole team. The best

#11 m3rc1l3ss

m3rc1l3ss
  • Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 05:37 PM

WOOT THIS IS AWESOME

Also thank you for putting the functioning AI on forces other than robot, even though much has been replaced I still have nightmares of the constant barrage of cluster tomahawks.

Edited by m3rc1l3ss, 24 June 2010 - 05:40 PM.

#12 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 06:22 PM

I'm not sure you'll be thankful for AirF general, but Tank and Demo are a good variety with completely different styles.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#13 Capt.Drake

Capt.Drake

Rangers Lead the Way

• Project Team
  • 1,851 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 09:03 PM

Well AF that's a thing^^
But most should be fine against Demo and Tank

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#14 phenom1989

phenom1989
  • Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 09:04 PM

dude the AI is damn fast and strong wow i can't even build that fast,, one word amazing

will be the other AI at final Release same strong, as these 3 AI's or got the aI's random abillity?
CPU: Phenom II X6 1090T @ 3,6GHz
Memory: 2 GB 607 Mhz
Graphics: Asus Radeon 5770 1 GB 4.8 Ghz memory clock
Mainboard: Gigabyte 880G
Monitor: HF237 23" Full HD
PSU: Hyperion 700w

#15 Capt.Drake

Capt.Drake

Rangers Lead the Way

• Project Team
  • 1,851 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 09:08 PM

well from what I say they will be just as strong. And how difficult the AI enemy is acctually depends a lot on what Gen you are playing

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#16 phenom1989

phenom1989
  • Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 09:34 PM

i played with Laser and the the demo was a bit easy
then i played with stealth the Demo gen was absolutely fast :p

thank you pand for the great release man

Edited by phenom1989, 24 June 2010 - 09:35 PM.

CPU: Phenom II X6 1090T @ 3,6GHz
Memory: 2 GB 607 Mhz
Graphics: Asus Radeon 5770 1 GB 4.8 Ghz memory clock
Mainboard: Gigabyte 880G
Monitor: HF237 23" Full HD
PSU: Hyperion 700w

#17 Vince

Vince
  • Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 02:01 PM

yeah, well, it would be fair to say if ZH doesn't work you'll have a hard time playing Remix. On Win7 64 I've seen some systems that can only run ZH in compatibility mode, and others that can only run it without it.

the anonymous dude was me.

Well I stopped playing zh for a while now but I noticed by accident remix 3 was 'revived' so I wanted to play again but I got a new pc in meanwhile and I didn't bother to try zh before I installed remix so...

Anyway I tried everything on my W7 (64 bits) and it still doesn't work so now you have a tree kinds: those who can only play with, only without and those who just can't play it on their pc :p

#18 Capt.Drake

Capt.Drake

Rangers Lead the Way

• Project Team
  • 1,851 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 03:06 PM

well I got Win7 64 bit and can run it just fine, well no shell map nor music^^ but okay
What's the exact problem?

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#19 MasterZH

MasterZH
  • Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 08:44 PM

Wow THX!!! Downloading!!!

#20 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 09:19 AM

A new link for DL at ModDB has been added to the list.
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users