#1 Rob38

Rob38

Believer of Hope

• Hosted
  • 3,567 posts
  • Projects:Helm's Deep Last Hope
  •  One who is not afraid of new challenges

Posted 28 December 2010 - 06:58 AM

This topic will include all the the changes made in the fourth version of The Elven Alliance: Community Edition. Everything, including suggestions, bugs, AI changes, campaign changes, and anything else in relation to concerns with the mod should be posted here. tongue.gif

New/Modified Art:

• Rohan Royal Guards now have a fire arrow tip object in their model (credit: Rob38)

• Aragorn now uses three different skins.  For the campaign, his skin changes based on where the player is at in the campaign.  For skirmish multiplayer, Aragorn starts off with his Fellowship outfit.  At level 7, he changes into his Helm’s Deep outfit.  On level 9, he changes into his black gate outfit (credit: EA and Rob38).

• Yeoman archers now have higher resolution textures (credit: EA and Rob38).

Computer AI:

• Significantly increased time it takes before hard AI will start purchasing unit upgrades.

• Revamped and enhanced AI’s structure building logic for increased difficulty.  All difficulties (easy, medium, and hard) have been adjusted.

• Hard AI now only receives a 500 credit boost at the beginning (used to be 2000 or more).

• Hard AI’s money production buildings have been adjusted for better balance and fairness.  While their money production capacity is enhanced, the enhancement has been reduced significantly.

• The AI now uses their hero’s experiencing boosting abilities.

• The Berserker should now be able to target a deployed mine.

• The Balrog does not remain idle as much anymore.

General Bugs and Fixes:

• Elven Base Defense Flets can now shoot arrows over the Elven Walls.

• Hama now gains a +25% armor and +25% attack bonus when near Theoden (he never received the bonus before).

• Amroth's Knights had no crush weapon!  As such, they did no damage when charging!  They now do 40 damage.

Campaign Changes:

• On the living world map, Rohan Royal Guards and Eorlingas are now included in the player’s army numbers.

• The opposing forces in skirmish (non-story) maps have been adjusted to better counterattack the player’s army.  This was achieved through a combination of increased forces and different assigned units.

• On the evil Isengard mission, 7 mirkwood scout hordes and 4 more ents have been added to the opposing forces.

• On the evil Fangorn mission, 4 more ents have been added around the ent moot.  Also, 3 elven flets, 1 lookout tower, 1 elven hero statue, and 1 elven well have been added to the elven base.  Finally, 11 mirkwood scout hordes, 3 elven spearmen hordes, and 6 Rivendell rider hordes have been added to the opposing forces.

• On the evil Amon Hen mission, 10 mirkwood scout hordes, 3 elven spearmen hordes, and 2 Amroth Knight hordes have been added to the opposing forces.

• On the evil Edoras mission, 2 rohirrim hordes, 2 rohirrim archer hordes,

• On the evil Helm’s Deep mission, a level 8 Haldir has been added to the map.

• On the hard difficulty of the evil Helm’s Deep mission, all starting units for Rohan (8 elven warrior hordes, 9 yeoman archer hordes, 3 peasant hordes, 3 rohirrim hordes) are now fully upgraded.

• On the evil Minas Tirith mission, the army of the dead has a spawn time of two minutes before fading out (used to be 25 seconds).

• On the good Fangorn mission, Ugluk starts the mission at level 5.

Reverted good Black Gate mission back to original TEA version as there were errors in the map in the TEA:CE version.

Incorrect Text Strings:

• Reworked entire text string document to remove duplicates and provide better detailed descriptions for the Elves. 

Elven Faction Balance Changes:

• Elven Mist spellbook power now provides +50% armor, +50% damage, and +20% speed bonus to nearby infantry and cavalry.

• Glorfindel’s passive leadership now only provides a +15% armor boost (by mistake, it was +115%).

• Celeborn’s passive leadership now only provides a +50% heal rate to nearby heroes (used to be 150%).

• Haldir’s Elven Swordsmen ability now only provides a 50% armor boost (used to be 100%).

• Arwen Loudwater Fury attack damage has been adjusted to match Elrond’s Power of the Bruinen attack damage.

Other Faction Balance Changes:

• Balrog life timer has increased from 40 seconds to 50 seconds.

• Ugluk’s passive leadership now provides a 20% speed bonus to Uruk-hai (used to be 10%).

• Both of Merry’s and Pippin’s armor upgrades now provide a uniform 10% armor boost to all damage types.

Maps:

• All new maps added to mod can now be played in multiplayer (a file location error only allowed maps to be played in single player skirmish).

• All maps now have five different camera views (general, commander, unit, ground, and aerial).

Other Changes:

• Fixed error that caused the mod to not run in patch 1.06

Edited by Rob38, 21 April 2014 - 12:15 AM.
Updating

signature_group1.gif

16821.png

#2 Yarrum

Yarrum

Kahuna

• Project Team
  • 461 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 06:13 AM

Something of a balance issue: I think that the hard AI gets way too much starting cash. It's not really fair when I start the game and can only afford two blacksmiths and Pippin while even the Elves are able to afford to fill out their build plots and recruit at the same time. What really makes me laugh is when I've just managed to fill out my starting camp with a barracks, a range and four smiths, when the Mordor AI launches a combined attack of trolls, catapults and all three Nazgul. This is all within the first five minutes by the way.

KotW%20Left%20Morgul%20Banner.jpg
KotW Beta Tester
frodo_sam.jpg

#3 Ganon

Ganon

What's this?

• Project Team
  • 967 posts
  • Projects:My Link Mod
  •  Code Scientist

Posted 29 December 2010 - 12:25 PM

:p Really?!

Damn, and I already get beat like a noob online.

Now I wont have a chance offline either. :xd:

Edited by Ganon2020, 29 December 2010 - 03:52 PM.

#4 Rob38

Rob38

Believer of Hope

• Hosted
  • 3,567 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 02:08 PM

Who said the hard AI needed to be fair? :p It's actually not just the starting cash that make a difference. There are other things too. :xd: Anyways, the hard AI is extremely difficult. There probably will be tweaks made... At the very least, I enjoy designing something that kicks everyone's ass from here to Mars and back. :p

signature_group1.gif

16821.png

#5 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  • Projects:It'sa secreeet
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Expert
  • Donated

Posted 29 December 2010 - 06:52 PM

Honestly, it should not be toned down. Hard is supposed to be well... Hard. We're spoiled by shitty AIs that we can pwn to no tomorrow, and so we expect to always be able to do the same. So what if you have to play on a lower difficulty? Learn to beat the Hard Armies. I bet there IS a way.

https://www.twitch.tv/vileartist - Yes shameless self-promotion

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Old modders never die, they just fade away" ~ Hostile

#6 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 29 December 2010 - 08:36 PM

I bet Fene could :p

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#7 Spartan184

Spartan184

:)

• Project Team
  • 1,592 posts
  • Projects:Random Modding Projects
  •  Coder, Map.ini Coder, Mapper, and Beta Tester

Posted 29 December 2010 - 10:05 PM

Well I just beat the 1v1, then I tried 1v2 and It took me 2 tries but I did it :p Now I'm gonna try 1v3 or 2v3 with Kwen.

Edited by Spartan184, 30 December 2010 - 01:06 AM.

safsignature.png

#8 teron777

teron777
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 08:50 PM

Greetings people!
Thanks for the release of version 1.2
I'll ask a few questions
can make amendments to the sleduyushey version?
1 Haldir will be added to a deep campaign Helm’s Deep missions evil ?
2 is a will integrate the power of Mordor in the struggle for Minastirit for example podkripleniya second campaign of evil forces?
3 can be a reinforcement to add Eomer Rohan and Theoden Minastirit campaign of evil?
:thumbsupsmiley:

#9 _Haldir_

_Haldir_

Mapper

• Project Team
  • 1,203 posts
  • Projects:The Dwarf Holds, The Elven Alliance: Community Edition
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 31 December 2010 - 02:16 AM

3 can be a reinforcement to add Eomer Rohan and Theoden Minastirit campaign of evil?

I thought they already were a part of the Rohan army in the evil campaign

Dimrill Dales map sometimes causes random crashes.

By the way i think this should be fixed, as i cleaned up a lot of the passability and taintability on all of the TDH maps. Dimrill Dale's was quite messy, which i think was causing a pathfinding error :thumbsupsmiley:

Posted Image Posted Image

#10 Ganon

Ganon

What's this?

• Project Team
  • 967 posts
  • Projects:My Link Mod
  •  Code Scientist

Posted 31 December 2010 - 12:55 PM

Theoden and Eomer are killed off before Minas Tirith in the evil campaign aren't they?

Edited by Ganon2020, 31 December 2010 - 12:55 PM.

#11 {IRS}Athos

{IRS}Athos

Non Sequitur

• Members
  • 4,008 posts
  • Projects:Ex-Advisor
  •  Resident Shakespearean.

Posted 31 December 2010 - 03:56 PM

Who says these things need to be logical? Aragorn, Legolas, and Gimli are killed three or four times over the course of the campaign before they show up at Minas Tirith with the Army of the Dead. :xcahik_: And that mission would be no fun if you didn't get to fight off green ghost warriors. :thumbsupsmiley:
BulletsfromaGunbanner_zps974f3ea8.png

Careful. This link is DANGEROUS. Do NOT click it. This one, however, is fine.

I had the meaning of life in my signature, but it exceeded the character limit.

#12 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 31 December 2010 - 08:24 PM

You mean let them disappear as they reach your base :thumbsupsmiley:

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#13 BPK

BPK
  • Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 11:19 PM

Haha, Medium is slightly harder than the old Hard at the beginning.
I think it's balanced right as it is.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Made nearly 4 years ago, only LOTR sig I made. 3:

...::: Boom. Beem. BOW. :::...

#14 Rob38

Rob38

Believer of Hope

• Hosted
  • 3,567 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 07:43 AM

1 Haldir will be added to a deep campaign Helm’s Deep missions evil ?
2 is a will integrate the power of Mordor in the struggle for Minastirit for example podkripleniya second campaign of evil forces?
:)

1. Ah, did not think to add Haldir into the mission. He will be added.
2. I don't quite understand what you are asking in question2.
3. I can do that too. :)

Dimrill Dales map sometimes causes random crashes.

By the way i think this should be fixed, as i cleaned up a lot of the passability and taintability on all of the TDH maps. Dimrill Dale's was quite messy, which i think was causing a pathfinding error ;)

Excellent. Thanks Haldir!

Who says these things need to be logical? Aragorn, Legolas, and Gimli are killed three or four times over the course of the campaign before they show up at Minas Tirith with the Army of the Dead. :p And that mission would be no fun if you didn't get to fight off green ghost warriors. ;)

I agree. Thoeden and Eomer should be in the evil campaign MT mission.

You mean let them disappear as they reach your base :p

Then I shall make their timer longer than for that mission. :p

Haha, Medium is slightly harder than the old Hard at the beginning.
I think it's balanced right as it is.

Glad someone noticed the medium AI changes. :p

signature_group1.gif

16821.png

#15 teron777

teron777
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 10:35 AM

2 join forces of Mordor for Minastirit campaign of evil
4 I propose the level 5 Isengard Ugluk good company Fangorn
5 You can increase the number of units of goblins in Moria Lothlorien vkompanii good?
thanks

#16 Taralom

Taralom

Self-proclaimed A**hole

• Project Team
  • 1,519 posts
  • Projects:Turned to Writing
  •  I R GOOGL'd

Posted 01 January 2011 - 10:41 AM

Glad someone noticed the medium AI changes. :p

where can I find the changes to easy-AI? :)
yesh, my offline gaming experiences never really got beyond that... A med AI would always have to fight another med AI at the other side of the map for me xD
If the above post offended you in any way,
please take note that, until further notice, I don't care, so get lost.

#17 _Haldir_

_Haldir_

Mapper

• Project Team
  • 1,203 posts
  • Projects:The Dwarf Holds, The Elven Alliance: Community Edition
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 01 January 2011 - 02:13 PM

Do you mean have all the evil armies available for reinforcements throughout the battle?

Ugluk is already part of the good Eaves of Fangorn Mission, standing next to Merry and Pippin. Though i think he was only level 1, so i suppose he could be given a higher rank.

Posted Image Posted Image

#18 NewErr

NewErr

Elf-friend

• Project Team
  • 2,177 posts
  • Projects:Wars of The Firstborn
  •  World Wide Artist

Posted 01 January 2011 - 05:12 PM

Make Medium harder also ? :)

#19 teron777

teron777
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 09:32 PM

Do you mean have all the evil armies available for reinforcements throughout the battle?

Ugluk is already part of the good Eaves of Fangorn Mission, standing next to Merry and Pippin. Though i think he was only level 1, so i suppose he could be given a higher rank.

Ugluk now in mission 1 level, I propose to make it level 5
In the battle for Minas Tirith, I propose to attach the second army of Mordor

#20 Yarrum

Yarrum

Kahuna

• Project Team
  • 461 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 02:29 AM

Yeah, Ugluk is level one in the Eaves of Fangorn mission and five seems like a good level so he can say his classic line.

Two text bugs:
Eomer's leadership doesn't state the level requirement. The proper one is rank four.
Boromir's horn power says rank two when the actual rank is five.

There might be an issue with the Rohan Horse Shields effect string. The current one says +70% armor versus arrows and pikes. I have no clue what the actual one is supposed to do, but I'm almost positive it's different from the Gondor and Elven Horse Shield upgrades.

KotW%20Left%20Morgul%20Banner.jpg
KotW Beta Tester
frodo_sam.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users