• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Madin

Madin

title available

• Hosted
  • 686 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 06:12 PM

I have a 'SpecialPowerDispatchSpecialPower' that controls a number of 'ActivateModuleSpecialPower' and 'GrantUpgradeAreaOfEffectSpecialPower' powers.

At the moment it is using a special power button that is in the units command buttons, that brings up the cursor (there is only a single allowed target).

What I would like is to not have to use the button, but for the special power cursor to come up when the mouse is placed over the single valid target.

The reason that I want to do this, is because I have some units whose command buttons are full (ie all four taken), so I would like for this power to activate in a manner similar to, for example, the Beam cannon and the way the charge defence cursor just comes up if you hover the mouse over a valid target (in that case an Obelisk).

Does anyone have any idea how (or if) that can be done. I know that there are a number of instances of this happening, but I imagine that a number of them (for example the C4 charge) are hard coded.

Thanks for any help or advice.

PS: This is for coding epic upgrades, so the special power will be across a large number of units.

PPS: The code is based off the Denato public Narv code.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users