• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 tc1

tc1
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 02:27 AM

Hello,

I'm new to this forum but not to modding RotWK. I've already managed to make lots of modifications that work just fine (like making new faction - in skirmish mode for now, new CaH class, modding special powers, wotr mode and so on). Still, there are some issues I can't solve. I'd appreciate any help.

1. I'm trying to make Gandalf and CaH special power - Sunflare (just like the spellbook but with smaller radius). I've already converted successfully RainOfFire into CaH power some time ago but I can't get Sunflare to work. The only thing that's left to do is to apply the light FX visual effect. The problem is I can't find the code in fxlist.ini or any reference to fx triggered. I'm probably forgetting something but don't know what (it's been over a year since I last modded RotWK).

2. In wotr mode - how can I disable some (or all) units from being recruited on a battle map and being taken over to strategic map, like Noldor warriors by default?

3. In my Alliance faction (combined men, elves and dwarves) there is a small problem with some fortress maps, like Isengard or Minas Tirith (fortresses with rebuild option - I think theese are "monumentfortressrebuild"). The problem is that the fortress has a dwarven porter instead of arnor porter (I used Arnor faction for Alliance). I think it could be caused by the fact my faction uses not one but three basic faction upgrades and this determines the exact commandset for  "monumentfortressrebuild". Is there a way to get around this, like making a new faction upgrade combining other three?

4. For my Alliance faction I made a stables building based on wooden Rohan stables model. The problem is the stables get upgraded automatically to a higher level after a unit is recruited. How can I disable this?

If you need any code fragments to be able to help me, just say and I'll paste them.

#2 FatManInABox

FatManInABox
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 04:32 AM

The FX for Sunflare are in FXPARTICLESYSTEM.ini and there are several of them

FXParticleSystem SunFlare

FXParticleSystem SunFlareGlow

FXParticleSystem SunFlareProxy

FXParticleSystem SunFlareProxySlave

#3 Ridder Geel

Ridder Geel

Master Yelloh

• T3A Staff
  • 10,852 posts
  • Projects:RC Mod + SEE + RTS Engine
  •  The Dangerous T3A Team Chamber Member
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 05 March 2015 - 08:32 AM

1- I'd say take a look at what FatManInABox said.

2- Not entirely sure this is possible, my advice is to look through the livingworld.ini stuff, and inis related to it.

3- You need to find the corresponding fortress object for each of those maps. They will have commandsetupgrade behaviors (or something like that) You can add your own to it, maybe you might want to rethink adding all those faction upgrades, this tends to screw around with the upgrade system EA made.

4- GiveNoXP = true needs to be set in the ProductionUpdate behavior of the stables.

Ridder Geel

#4 tc1

tc1
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 09:38 PM

Thanks a lot guys.

Problem with Rohan stables solved. I also created a new fx in fxlist.ini with FXParticleSystem SunFlare and SunFlareGlow. It works as intended but it still bugs me where the reference to fx for SunFlare spellbook power is.

As for the other two issues, I'll get to them when I have time and let you know if I find a sollution.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users