Photo

Contra 008 won't start

Best Answer predator_bg, 14 March 2015 - 11:55 AM

So I downloaded Contra 008 from Moddb and extracting it to the Zero Hour directory, I open the launcher and hit play, but then the command window appears and I get an error message saying that Generals.exe cannot be found. What is the problem here? I don't get this issue with other mods.

It seems like you have The First Decade compilation. You will have to install Contra manually. Follow these steps:

1. Put all files from Contra008FINAL into your Zero Hour folder.
2. Rename !Contra008.ctr to !Contra008.big.
3. Rename !Contra008EN.ctr to !Contra008EN.big OR rename !Contra008RU.ctr to !Contra008RU.big if you want Russian language.
4. Rename !Contra008VOrig.ctr to !Contra008VOrig.big OR rename !Contra008VLoc.ctr to !Contra008VLoc.big if you want English unit voices.
5. Rename !Contra008MNew.ctr to !Contra008MNew.big OR rename !Contra008MStandard.ctr to !Contra008MStandard.big if you want vanilla soundtracks.
6. Rename Scripts folder to Scripts1 (which is located inside Data folder).
7. Start the game from generals.exe.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 James Gauntley

James Gauntley
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 08:23 PM

So I downloaded Contra 008 from Moddb and extracting it to the Zero Hour directory, I open the launcher and hit play, but then the command window appears and I get an error message saying that Generals.exe cannot be found. What is the problem here? I don't get this issue with other mods.

#2 predator_bg

predator_bg

The predator

• Hosted
  • 2,435 posts
  • Projects:Contra

Posted 14 March 2015 - 11:55 AM   Best Answer

It seems like you have The First Decade compilation. You will have to install Contra manually. Follow these steps:

3. Rename !Contra008EN.ctr to !Contra008EN.big OR rename !Contra008RU.ctr to !Contra008RU.big if you want Russian language.
4. Rename !Contra008VOrig.ctr to !Contra008VOrig.big OR rename !Contra008VLoc.ctr to !Contra008VLoc.big if you want English unit voices.
5. Rename !Contra008MNew.ctr to !Contra008MNew.big OR rename !Contra008MStandard.ctr to !Contra008MStandard.big if you want vanilla soundtracks.

#3 James Gauntley

James Gauntley
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 10:20 AM

This got it working, thanks for the help.

#4 cessena

cessena
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 02:44 AM

#5 cessena

cessena
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 02:45 AM

It just worked for me. I have the first decade. Thanks so very much. I have been playing contra for years now. Love love love them.

#6 SiL3nT-GaMeR

SiL3nT-GaMeR
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 01:39 PM

I become the crash

You encounted a serious error... I think you know what i mean. I use the manual installation because the Launcher doesn´t start up.

I created a complete new Zero Hour Folder ( C:\Program Files (x86)\EA Games\Command & Conquer Generäle Stunde Null Contra ) and a Data Folder ( C:\Users\User\Documents\Command & Conquer Generäle Stunde Null Contra Data ). Is this the mistake i made ?

Please help me thx

Sorry for Bad english i am from Germany

#7 predator_bg

predator_bg

The predator

• Hosted
  • 2,435 posts
  • Projects:Contra

Posted 29 July 2015 - 09:09 AM

I become the crash

You encounted a serious error... I think you know what i mean. I use the manual installation because the Launcher doesn´t start up.

I created a complete new Zero Hour Folder ( C:\Program Files (x86)\EA Games\Command & Conquer Generäle Stunde Null Contra ) and a Data Folder ( C:\Users\User\Documents\Command & Conquer Generäle Stunde Null Contra Data ). Is this the mistake i made ?

Please help me thx

Sorry for Bad english i am from Germany

The manual installation instructions are as follows:

You don't have to create any new folders.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users