Photo

[Zero Hour] No one loading but me

Best Answer Chubzdoomer, 01 April 2015 - 01:50 AM

After many hours of troubleshooting, I finally figured it out!

Since I own the Ultimate Collection on Origin, I had to apply the "Windows XP SP3" and "Run as Administrator" compatibility settings to generals_origin.exe rather than just generals.exe.

This should probably made clear to everyone who owns the Ultimate Collection, because every post I'd seen before had only mentioned generals.exe.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Chubzdoomer

Chubzdoomer
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 08:12 PM

My friend and I have been tearing our hair out trying to play Zero Hour online.  

We both have the same issue in which once we launch the game, we only see ourselves loading.  (I see my loading bar fill but not his, and vice versa.)

We've already done the following things:

• Forwarded the ports (16000 as well as those on this page)
  • Entered port 16000 in the Options menu
  • Installed the fixed launchers
  • Verified the correct compatibility settings for Generals.exe (Windows XP SP3/Run as Administrator)
  • Unhooked Zero Hour from CNC Online
  • Verified that our versions of Gentool match (7.0)
  • Restarted our computers

I feel as though we've exhausted almost every option, and we're at a complete loss as to what to do now.  It shouldn't be this difficult just to play Zero Hour online!

If anyone could point us in the right direction, we would greatly appreciate it.  Thanks in advance!

Edited by Chubzdoomer, 30 March 2015 - 08:17 PM.

#2 xezon

xezon

GenTool Developer

• Project Team
  • 762 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 07:26 PM

Are you able to connect to other players than your friend?

Gain access to CNC Online servers by using GenTool for Generals and Zero Hour.

http://www.gentool.net/

"GenTool provides enhanced game controls and optimizations to maximize your online gaming experience. Additionally it comes with three anti cheat solutions for Generals and Zero Hour. The program is easy to install and is fully functional with C&C Generals 1.8, C&C Generals Zero Hour 1.04, Generals Deluxe Edition, The First Decade and The Ultimate Collection."

#3 Chubzdoomer

Chubzdoomer
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 10:48 PM

Are you able to connect to other players than your friend?

I just tried connecting to a stranger and had the same problem.

#4 Chubzdoomer

Chubzdoomer
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 01:50 AM   Best Answer

After many hours of troubleshooting, I finally figured it out!

Since I own the Ultimate Collection on Origin, I had to apply the "Windows XP SP3" and "Run as Administrator" compatibility settings to generals_origin.exe rather than just generals.exe.

This should probably made clear to everyone who owns the Ultimate Collection, because every post I'd seen before had only mentioned generals.exe.

Edited by Chubzdoomer, 01 April 2015 - 01:55 AM.

#5 xezon

xezon

GenTool Developer

• Project Team
  • 762 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 06:53 PM

What is generals_origin.exe? Is this from Bibbers launchers?

Edited by xezon, 03 April 2015 - 06:54 PM.

Gain access to CNC Online servers by using GenTool for Generals and Zero Hour.

http://www.gentool.net/

"GenTool provides enhanced game controls and optimizations to maximize your online gaming experience. Additionally it comes with three anti cheat solutions for Generals and Zero Hour. The program is easy to install and is fully functional with C&C Generals 1.8, C&C Generals Zero Hour 1.04, Generals Deluxe Edition, The First Decade and The Ultimate Collection."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users