Photo

How to play Zero hour or generals in Gentool?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 GLAterror

GLAterror
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 02:41 PM

Hello guys,

I'm having problems with playing generals and zero hour, those are the only games i want to play. It constantly says that Zero hour isn't installed. I read about installing Gentool and opening it in Gentool as far as i understand, but i don't know how. Can somebody please explain me how i play Generals or zero hour? I bought the Ultimate Collection in origin.

#2 GLAterror

GLAterror
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 03:03 PM

Tried downloading the launchers, i got an error for the Generals/Zero hour launcher. So that also doesn't work.

#3 ToxicShock

ToxicShock

Gamereplays.org Staff

• Division Leaders
  • 9,685 posts
  • Projects:Shatabrick C&C Player Database
  •  I have blue text?
  • Division:C&C:Online
  • Job:C&C:Online Leader

Posted 31 March 2015 - 03:22 PM

Install GenTool and start the game normally, without the C&C:Online launcher. That should fix your problem.

Gamereplays.org staff - Shatabrick admin.

#4 GLAterror

GLAterror
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 03:30 PM

First of all, thanks for your fast reply!

But when i install Gentool, i get a shortcut on my background. I installed it multiple times but i can't figure out where to open GenTool, because i dont get an icon. So where do i open Gentool after i've installed it  instead of opening the Gentool Setup again?

#5 Phil

Phil

Force Majeure

• Network Leaders
  • 7,976 posts
  • Projects:Revora, C&C:Online
  •  Thought Police
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Network Leader
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 31 March 2015 - 06:10 PM

You don't open GenTool, you simply drop the file in your installation folder and the play the game normally.

revorapresident.jpg
My Political Compass

Sieben Elefanten hatte Herr Dschin
Und da war dann noch der achte.
Sieben waren wild und der achte war zahm
Und der achte war's, der sie bewachte.

#6 GLAterror

GLAterror
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 07:43 PM

When i put the GenTool icon into the Command and conquer icon (downloaded from Origin) it says if i want to allow to let the program change something onto my computer. Whether i say Yes or No, nothing will hapen. Am i doing something wrong?

#7 Phil

Phil

Force Majeure

• Network Leaders
  • 7,976 posts
  • Projects:Revora, C&C:Online
  •  Thought Police
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Network Leader
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 31 March 2015 - 07:58 PM

Do you have a file called d3d8.dll in your ZH installation folder? If so, then it worked.

revorapresident.jpg
My Political Compass

Sieben Elefanten hatte Herr Dschin
Und da war dann noch der achte.
Sieben waren wild und der achte war zahm
Und der achte war's, der sie bewachte.

#8 GLAterror

GLAterror
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 08:58 PM

I guess we're coming closer to the problem. But when i want to open Command and Conquer with the d3d8.dll file still nothing happens. I tried putting the C&C icon in the zipped map where the d3d8-dll file also wat but still i get a notification about letting the producer change something on my pc.

PS: I am a total noob when it comes about computers etc.

#9 ToxicShock

ToxicShock

Gamereplays.org Staff

• Division Leaders
  • 9,685 posts
  •  I have blue text?

Posted 01 April 2015 - 07:52 AM

:)   You don't open d3d8.dll or Gentool.     If you have Gentool installed, you simply start your game normally (from the game shortcut and nothing else).   

#10 GLAterror

GLAterror
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 10:33 AM

`I installed Gentool over 10 times, i've openend the game using the shortcut also over 10 times but still nothing happens. The game won't start. As said before, i get a notification about if i want to allow this 'producer' to change things to my computer. Whether i press yes or no, nothing happens while normally when you say 'yes' the game should start. I don't understand why...

#11 ToxicShock

ToxicShock

Gamereplays.org Staff

• Division Leaders
  • 9,685 posts
  •  I have blue text?

Posted 01 April 2015 - 10:41 AM

Have you uninstalled the C&C:Online launcher?

#12 xezon

xezon

GenTool Developer

• Project Team
  • 762 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 06:52 PM

`I installed Gentool over 10 times, i've openend the game using the shortcut also over 10 times but still nothing happens. The game won't start. As said before, i get a notification about if i want to allow this 'producer' to change things to my computer. Whether i press yes or no, nothing happens while normally when you say 'yes' the game should start. I don't understand why...

Did you download the GenTool_v7.0.zip or GenTool_v7.0.exe ?

Gain access to CNC Online servers by using GenTool for Generals and Zero Hour.

http://www.gentool.net/

"GenTool provides enhanced game controls and optimizations to maximize your online gaming experience. Additionally it comes with three anti cheat solutions for Generals and Zero Hour. The program is easy to install and is fully functional with C&C Generals 1.8, C&C Generals Zero Hour 1.04, Generals Deluxe Edition, The First Decade and The Ultimate Collection."

#13 GLAterror

GLAterror
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 03:34 PM

A few days ago a found my Generals cd, i used to play generals using the cd, but after buying a new pc i couldn't play the game anymore because of the productcode. But now i can play generals.

I uninstalled the C&C launcher as far as i know(there is no shortcut on my desktop anymore)

I downloaded both Gentool .zip and .exe, still it doesn't work.

So now i can only play generals using my cd-rom

#14 xezon

xezon

GenTool Developer

• Project Team
  • 762 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 05:14 PM

Its hard to follow you. What is the problem exactly?

"GenTool provides enhanced game controls and optimizations to maximize your online gaming experience. Additionally it comes with three anti cheat solutions for Generals and Zero Hour. The program is easy to install and is fully functional with C&C Generals 1.8, C&C Generals Zero Hour 1.04, Generals Deluxe Edition, The First Decade and The Ultimate Collection."

#15 GLAterror

GLAterror
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 04:02 PM

I can play Generals now, using my CD. The CD doesn't include zero hour.

But i downloaded the ultimate collection from Origin (with Zero Hour), but i can't play it using Gentool. As said i've installed it the .exe and the .zip but both won't work.

Problem is: i can't play zero hour.

#16 xezon

xezon

GenTool Developer

• Project Team
  • 762 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 04:22 PM

Why can't you play? It is a very vague description.

#17 GLAterror

GLAterror
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 04:41 PM

That's the question.

I did everything what was advised here, but still it doesn't work.

In uninstalled the c en c launcher because i used gentool (the both the .exe and the .zip) but when i open the icon on my background nothing happens

#18 xezon

xezon

GenTool Developer

• Project Team
  • 762 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 05:59 PM

Maybe launcher hooking is still enabled?

#19 GLAterror

GLAterror
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 03:05 PM

Where can i fully disable it? Because that could be the problem: i only deleted the shortcut i think.

#20 xezon

xezon

GenTool Developer

• Project Team
  • 762 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 03:09 PM

Start the CNC Online Launcher and disable hooking from its menu.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users