4 replies to this topic

#1 Valheru

Valheru

Ashen Shugar

• Project Team
  • 765 posts
  • Projects:patching & see

Posted 19 April 2015 - 05:10 PM

Hey guys has anyone experienced this rather annoying issue where vertices just wont select? Happens in both edit mesh vertices and in wwskin mode. You end up having to zoom the entire way in to make it select. Clicking it a million times makes no difference. I tried various settings like making the vertice visuals huge etc, no difference. Running Max 7 with service pack 1.

Also has anyone managed to get 'save selection' and ignore backfacing to work whilst in wwskin mode? And soft selection? I tried a heap of work arounds today with no avail, it would sure make rigging a whole lot less painful

Cheers

SEE_Team_Rigger.jpg

#2 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 19 April 2015 - 05:55 PM

I haven't found solutions to any of these, unfortunately. Kwen may have.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#3 Valheru

Valheru

Ashen Shugar

• Project Team
  • 765 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 06:27 PM

Bummer. I just noticed that when I find a vertice that wont become highlighted, if I deselect whats currently red, and click on the vertice that wouldnt highlight before, it now becomes red/highlighted. How does that even make sense-I wonder if it would make any difference changing multi-select from control + click to something else. I cant find the config for this in selection keys tho. Does anyone else have this weird problem?

SEE_Team_Rigger.jpg

#4 Valheru

Valheru

Ashen Shugar

• Project Team
  • 765 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 08:03 AM

I fiddled with pretty much every setting today, and did find something useful :thumbsupxd:

Under the display tab, there are two settings called backface cull and see-through. Since ignore backface, save selection, and smooth selection arent possible in wwskin mode, this is the 2nd best thing. Make sure backface cull is off. See through darkens vertices on the opposing side of the model so that you can differentiate quickly. As per pic light blue =current side, dark blue = opposite

Also if you cycle through selection cursors with control+f the last one is really good

I never bothered to search for something like this til now, hope it helps someone else too :w00t: :w00t:

gk.jpg

gk2.jpg

Edit- I just got a hold of Max 8 and Service Pack 3, much more stable, anyone needs chuck me a msg :trev:

gk3.jpg

Edited by Valheru, 20 April 2015 - 11:01 AM.

SEE_Team_Rigger.jpg

#5 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 20 April 2015 - 02:33 PM

Awesome! I'm happy you are struggling to overcome the obstacles, and that you seem to solve the problems at hand  :thumbsupxd: Rock on!

And btw, make sure the spire/club is facing forwards and not to the side like in the previous rig, so when he smashes with it, the front is hitting the target  :themenace:

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users