• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Meyerm

Meyerm

Commisar

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 02:23 AM

RA2 was originally supposed to, like the first Red Alert, act as a prequel to the tiberium series. Renegade 2 was supposed to bridge the gap, but it got cancelled. Some mods I have seen still go along with the RA2 storyline being a prequel to tib dawn, and I have to ask, whether for mods or the cancelled westwood concepts, how would this happen? What happens that makes prism technology, weather control, mirage tanks, etc. disappear? What makes GDI and Nod go retro and use updated versions of old vehicles and equipment? Enough people seem to like the RA2-tib dawn link idea, but no one seems to have explanations to make it believable.

Edited by Meyerm, 23 April 2015 - 02:24 AM.

#2 Plokite_Wolf

Plokite_Wolf

File hoarder

• Members
  • 2,294 posts
  •  Parce mihi, Domine, quia Dalmata sum.

Posted 23 April 2015 - 10:31 AM

I gave my two cents to the matter some time ago, mostly speculation :p http://www.cncnz.com...ion-impossible/

Administrator of CNCNZ.com and EVA Database, the C&C Wiki

You are also welcome to make use of my archives of official files:

C&C File Archive | BFME File Archive | Dune File Archive

#3 Meyerm

Meyerm

Commisar

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 05:20 AM

I was thinking something similar, but it just seems like too radical of a change. It would be like if the modern U.S. military went retro and started using modernized sherman tanks, apcs, and m1 helmets. Modern technology, but visually looks just like ww2.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users