#1 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 29 June 2015 - 11:21 PM

Now that my most advanced model yet, Dain, is finally ready for rigging, the question is how to rig him.

He will be utlizing two weapons, and thus two sets of anims. One features the warhammer of the movie and the other his blood red axe of the lore...

He will have the option to upgrade in game, using "Coronation of Dáin", which will give him the cape, the helmet and a new weapon. 

- Dain SKL support axe and cape.

- Gloin SKL support hammer, but no cape.

As such, we're kinda forced to the scenario of the image below. I would prefer if the hammer was a part of the upgrade though as it looks more badass. But the Gloin SKL does not support cape anims which would make the cape rather stiff looking in comparison to an animated cape. And seeing that the hammer should be able to use the "earth shaker" power bound to the Gloin anims - we'd lose that special ability/attack if we rig the hammer to the vanilla Dain SKL. Dilemma...

Your thoughts?

Dain_Weapons.jpg
Dain_Weapons2.jpg

Edited by Nazgûl, 29 June 2015 - 11:22 PM.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#2 Maximan

Maximan

Some Dude

• Hosted
  • 572 posts
  • Projects:BFME: Classic Edition

Posted 29 June 2015 - 11:53 PM

I can make some animations for his hammer version, if you don't find a fitting skl, but it will have to be later, I am finishing off my mod, and then I gotta do other animations too :p

I can make it around the same time I do your GK

#3 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

LEGO Knight of Minas Ithil

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  • Projects:Mapping this Middle-earth
  •  Mapper
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 30 June 2015 - 08:00 AM

I'm a coding scrub. =p However, if there were two models, and one model is replaced by the other when Dain upgrades, I'm sure this would still work... oh wait, hahaha, you want the hammer earth shaker ability available when he goes coronation. =p Maximus you're a saint. =D

Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no one is too poor to buy. - C.S. Lewis

There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning. - Louis L'Amour

What will matter then will be people. If relationships will matter most then, shouldn't they matter most now? - Max Lucado

#4 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 30 June 2015 - 07:47 PM

I don't know how either of those skeletons work, but I would assume that the one with axe would only require a altered\new set of attacking anims, maybe a couple more, so if Maxim wants to do them, you'll be quite fine.

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#5 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 30 June 2015 - 08:38 PM

The problem is the cape, and that I wanted the cape to move. But then again, when watching the scenes, the cape doesn't really move that much It's really thick and heavy, so I guess that it might be even better if the cape is just rigged to the bones of the body. Val did an AWESOME job with Fimbul's cape, just like that. Alas, we could use the Gloin SKL with cape, and that's the SKL that has the hammer anims =) Might be as simple as that after all. Don't wanna swamp Max with too much work as I'm really hoping for some anim help in other areas first.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users