13 replies to this topic

#1 PurpleGaga27

PurpleGaga27

Retired C&C Modder

• Members
  • 2,196 posts
  •  Media Division Top Contributer

Posted 20 July 2015 - 03:50 PM

I remember the original EA account, then EA decided to have Origin as a service with Origin accounts. Now EA wants to change it back in the upcoming weeks. Check your emails.

Source: http://www.polygon.c...ount-ea-account

Too bad some Origin games past and recent aren't created by EA themselves.

Edited by zocom7, 20 July 2015 - 03:51 PM.

#2 Banshee

Banshee

One Vision, One Purpose!

• Network Admins
  • 9,045 posts
  • Projects:PPM, PPM: Final Dawn, OS SHP Builder, OS Palette Editor, OS W3D Viewer, VXLSE III, etc...
  •  Retired Network Leader
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Maintenance Admin

Posted 20 July 2015 - 06:08 PM

Honestly: what is the damn difference? I don't see any real change for any user with that move from EA.
Project Perfect Mod

Command & Conquer Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, Tools, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Posted Image

#3 ~AngelOfDeath~

~AngelOfDeath~

GameReplays Staff

• Project Team
  • 1,892 posts
  •  Mangozjeb i Otakurwa xD

Posted 03 August 2015 - 08:49 PM

Probably it doesn't change anything. 

#4 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  • Projects:Writing Words With Letters
  •  I Help
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Community Admin

Posted 04 August 2015 - 08:15 PM

Guhh... Origin... 

#5 duke_Qa

duke_Qa

I've had this avatar since... 2003?

• Network Staff
  • 3,837 posts
  • Job:Artist

Posted 04 August 2015 - 09:38 PM

I've heard that Revora accounts will become Origin accounts now. Might be a downgrade.

Beyond that, how is this news? I think its bigger news that Google is splitting up the accounts from google+ again :p

"I give you private information on corporations for free and I'm a villain. Mark Zuckerberg gives your private information to corporations for money and he's 'Man of the Year.'" - Assange

#6 Banshee

Banshee

One Vision, One Purpose!

• Network Admins
  • 9,045 posts
  • Projects:PPM, PPM: Final Dawn, OS SHP Builder, OS Palette Editor, OS W3D Viewer, VXLSE III, etc...
  •  Retired Network Leader
  • Job:Maintenance Admin

Posted 04 August 2015 - 10:41 PM

You mean Origin Network? :lol: That's a hell of a downgrade.
Project Perfect Mod

Command & Conquer Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, Tools, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Posted Image

#7 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  • Projects:It'sa secreeet
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Expert
  • Donated

Posted 05 August 2015 - 12:06 AM

Surprisingly enough, Origin actually started to become pretty decent. they had very good return policies and after some uproar they did quite well with their download servers allowing for good bandwidth downloads. Not that I'm endorsing more DRM methods, the only one i accept willingly is Steam, but Origin as of late has turned out to be considerably better than some of their competitors *coughuplaycough*.

https://www.twitch.tv/vileartist - Yes shameless self-promotion

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Old modders never die, they just fade away" ~ Hostile

#8 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 05 August 2015 - 09:44 AM

Hey, as long as Ubisoft actually lets you buy and use their games outside of their platform, then they will always be miles ahead of EA for me.  I'll admit EA has improved in the past few years, and I have lifted my boycott because of it... but I'm still not downloading Origin.  I have no desire to use it.  It might help if there was some sort of advantage to Steam, but there is literally none.  It might help if their exclusive titles were actually good.

#9 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Donated

Posted 05 August 2015 - 03:40 PM

I'm not condoning EA's business practices or the quality of their titles. I am only saying that Origin as software and service is considerably improved in recent years and if it weren't for trying to compete directly with steam and be exclusive to EA titles, it would be good.

One thing I did not like about it though, is the store part of the client is religion locked based on IP so when I was in Korea it forced me to do everything in Korean even though I had the settings set for English by default.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#10 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 05 August 2015 - 08:06 PM

Oh, yuck.  How do they get away with that?  That would be a nightmare in South Africa, where people speak about 60 different languages.

#11 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Donated

Posted 05 August 2015 - 08:58 PM

Oops my phone auto corrected that to religion, I meant region. Glad you understood though. :p

#12 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 05 August 2015 - 09:26 PM

I would have said something, but I'm not some grammar pushing punk scumbag like Mathijs.  Oops... this is off-topic.  Uhh... Origin sucks.  There we go.

#13 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Job:Leader

Posted 05 August 2015 - 09:28 PM

Congratulations, you're back on my list.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#14 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 05 August 2015 - 09:36 PM

Oh, please.  I've been on that list since Christmas 2010.  You just had a bag of snacks covering it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users