Worldbuilder error. Not loading anymore. [SOLVED]

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Titan Cronus

Titan Cronus

Do unto Others...

• Members
  • 693 posts
  • Projects:The Battle of the Pelennor Fields Mod.

Posted 01 August 2015 - 08:56 PM

Hey guys.

My worldbuild just started giving me errors and won't load anymore. The only thing I can think of that might have anything to do with it is I had just downloaded Finalbig and used it to open, edit and save a file in the RotWK main folder. It wasn't a game file though, it was one I added to add my new factions to the WB (it was the playertemplate.ini put into a .big file).

Anyone have any ideas what could possibly be wrong?

Thanks a million guys.

Edited by Titan Cronus, 01 August 2015 - 10:39 PM.

Battle of the Pelennor Fields

Made by 1 guy, has 13 Factions, 75+ Heroes, 150+ different units and 200+ Special abilities.

http://www.moddb.com...pelennor-fields

#2 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  • Projects:It'sa secreeet
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Expert
  • Donated

Posted 01 August 2015 - 09:34 PM

Worldbuilder will crash sometimes (actually often) when there are errors in code that won't cause the game to crash. So if you want to use mod edits in Worldbuilder for custom maps/bases it's a good idea to make a "dummy mod" with only the absolute most basic additions. To guarantee compatibility.

https://www.twitch.tv/vileartist - Yes shameless self-promotion

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Old modders never die, they just fade away" ~ Hostile

#3 Titan Cronus

Titan Cronus

Do unto Others...

• Members
  • 693 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 09:57 PM

Thanks for the reply man.

Yep, when I'm making base file and what not, I have a copy of my mod with only the most basic information on each building and I just put that into the data file in the RotWK folder and that works a treat. But what I do to get all my factions into normal maps is put a big file (with the playertemplates.ini in it) into the RotWK folder and name it something like __A_Newfeaction so that it get s read first. I doesn't mess with anything. Then all I do is open a map, go to edit players and click add skirmish players and its adds all me new faction to the map so the AI will work on that map.

All I was doing today though was editing that file. I think that maybe when I downloaded finanbig, and then opened the first big file, it did something to all the big files on my com. I don't know but I can't think of anything else. All I know is that the icon that the big files were using all changed when I opened the first big file with finalbig.

Made by 1 guy, has 13 Factions, 75+ Heroes, 150+ different units and 200+ Special abilities.

#4 Titan Cronus

Titan Cronus

Do unto Others...

• Members
  • 693 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 10:39 PM

I have it sorted guys. There is an option at the top of the window, "compatibility files" (the tooltip says "show the compatibility files for this directory") and when I clicked, it showed me a shed load of DUMP files and a big file (the old copy of my __a_newfactions file). The big file was the problem and after deleting it, everything worked again.

Sorry for the waste of time guys. This is a new com and on my last one, I would have been able to see all the DUMP files and the other .big file without haveine to click on the compatibility yoke. They would show up all the time. I need to figure out how to get rid of that s**t and make it so they are always visible. Anyhoo, sorry again for wasting time.

#5 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  • Projects:It'sa secreeet
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Expert
  • Donated

Posted 01 August 2015 - 10:51 PM

It's not a problem. It's always good to post such things even if you solve it yourself. Maybe someone else will have the same problem, and you've posted the solution. So thank you for that!

https://www.twitch.tv/vileartist - Yes shameless self-promotion

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Old modders never die, they just fade away" ~ Hostile

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users