Photo

"Could not connect to Command and Conquer 3 Online" - log in issue

Best Answer ToxicShock, 04 September 2015 - 10:03 AM

I see you losing connection in the log before the log in is complete, probably because you are not making one of the important connections. It may be because your connection to that port is being blocked or it may be because your internet connection is not strong enough.

First thing to do is to check that the IP address in Options->Settings->Network is an address on the network you use to connect to the internet (probably 192.168 or 10. something). If there is more than one address, select the other one.

I know you say that you don't have any Tungle / Hamachi installed, but you may have another adaptor present apart from the one you normally use to connect to the internet (these games are not good at detecting that). You can check that by opening a command prompt (run "cmd") and typing IPCONFIG That should give you a list of network and virtual network adaptors on your computer.

Failing that, please could you make sure that there is a firewall exception for TW for outgoing connections (there most likely already is, as it is make some connections correctly). Then could you check your router and make sure that there is nothing affecting or redirecting TCP port 6667 (which is the connection that is not being made). Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Mamasha1337

Mamasha1337
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 01:03 PM

I did everything like in this guide - , but still getting this error.
Screenshot attached.
I'm using steam version. Windows 8.
I have no Tunngle, Hamachi or anything like that.

Attached Thumbnails

• 2015-09-01_00001.jpg

Edited by Mamasha1337, 01 September 2015 - 01:30 PM.

#2 Mamasha1337

Mamasha1337
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 11:00 AM

Still waiting for an answer. Please help!

#3 ToxicShock

ToxicShock

Gamereplays.org Staff

• Division Leaders
  • 9,685 posts
  • Projects:Shatabrick C&C Player Database
  •  I have blue text?
  • Division:C&C:Online
  • Job:C&C:Online Leader

Posted 03 September 2015 - 12:49 PM

That looks like a communication problem, rather than a problem with patching, although you ought to have provided your error log regardless. See; How to Report Issues.

Please could you attempt another log in, then post in here immediately afterwards, to help us find the attempt in the server log.

Gamereplays.org staff - Shatabrick admin.

#4 Mamasha1337

Mamasha1337
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 01:17 PM

I just made an attempt. 

Attached Files

#5 ToxicShock

ToxicShock

Gamereplays.org Staff

• Division Leaders
  • 9,685 posts
  •  I have blue text?

Posted 03 September 2015 - 03:17 PM

Thank you. I won't be able to look at that until tomorrow GMT morning though. I will get back to you then.

#6 ToxicShock

ToxicShock

Gamereplays.org Staff

• Division Leaders
  • 9,685 posts
  •  I have blue text?

Posted 04 September 2015 - 10:03 AM   Best Answer

I see you losing connection in the log before the log in is complete, probably because you are not making one of the important connections. It may be because your connection to that port is being blocked or it may be because your internet connection is not strong enough.

First thing to do is to check that the IP address in Options->Settings->Network is an address on the network you use to connect to the internet (probably 192.168 or 10. something). If there is more than one address, select the other one.

I know you say that you don't have any Tungle / Hamachi installed, but you may have another adaptor present apart from the one you normally use to connect to the internet (these games are not good at detecting that). You can check that by opening a command prompt (run "cmd") and typing IPCONFIG That should give you a list of network and virtual network adaptors on your computer.

Failing that, please could you make sure that there is a firewall exception for TW for outgoing connections (there most likely already is, as it is make some connections correctly). Then could you check your router and make sure that there is nothing affecting or redirecting TCP port 6667 (which is the connection that is not being made).

#7 Mamasha1337

Mamasha1337
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 02:39 PM

Thank you so much. It works fine now!

#8 Phil

Phil

Force Majeure

• Network Leaders
  • 7,976 posts
  • Projects:Revora, C&C:Online
  •  Thought Police
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Network Leader
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 04 September 2015 - 07:59 PM

May I ask which one of the solutions made it work?

revorapresident.jpg
My Political Compass

Sieben Elefanten hatte Herr Dschin
Und da war dann noch der achte.
Sieben waren wild und der achte war zahm
Und der achte war's, der sie bewachte.

#9 Mamasha1337

Mamasha1337
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 10:51 AM

I changed IP from 10.0.64.244 to 172.18.156.247 in game settings, turned off firewall, restarted PC and now it works.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users