predator_bg

The predator

• Hosted
  • 2,435 posts
  • Projects:Contra

Posted 22 September 2015 - 08:54 PM

Originally posted on ModDB by dcesarec on Sep 20th, 2015

Hi people!!!

We are still making gameplay changes every day in order to balance the game. Fixing bugs, and inserting new stuff.

This time most changes got Infantry general. Introducing "Patria Family" vehicles, which will replace existing troop crawlers, Feng Yong artillery and ECM tank.

First one is machine gun troop crawler

Render1.1.jpg

Available at rank 1, armed with machinegun, which is effective vs. infantry and air units. Replaces gatling troop crawler. Has 4 sitplaces for your soldiers.

Anti tank troop crawler

Render2.1.jpg

Armed with light anti tank turret, available at rank 1. Has 3 sitplaces (4th goes for turret operator)

Artillery troop crawler

Render3.jpg

Replaces old artillery. Available at rank 1. Has 3 sitplaces.

Propaganda troop crawler.

Render4.jpg

Available at rank 3. Heals forces and gives firepower bonus. As the previous propaganda TC, has 8 sitplaces.

ECM troop crawler

Render5.jpg

Replaces old ECM tank. Deviates missiles, turns off vehicles. Has 4 sitplaces and available at rank 3. Great addition to your forces.

Grenade troop crawler

Render6.jpg

Best troop crawler version. Available at rank 3. Armed with grenade launcher, effective vs. all ground targets. Has 4 sitplaces.

All troop crawlers can be upgraded at rank 3 with special "Advanced Engineering" upgrade. This upgrade gives all troop crawlers additional health, and allows them to move over water. But due to all the weight, they lose their speed. So you will have to decide if you want the upgrade or not, depending on situation.

Some other small visual changes are with flame general. Immolator tank got new "Dragon Tail" turret. This turret shoots Lava shells, which are effective vs. everything. But mostly used vs. tanks.

Render1.3.jpg

And last one goes to Cybernetic general. Commando unit got a new model.

Render1.2.jpg

Predator is working with AI lately, and also he is improving and adding new stuff to challenge maps. Many animals were inserted in maps, and maps are looking better with each change.

At the end, I need to say thanks to TheHunter649 , he is giving me some advices with new things I encounter (about coding), and sharing codes with me.

So, 'till the next update ;)

Edited by predator_bg, 22 September 2015 - 09:01 PM.

#2 SRB_Vukasin_SRB

SRB_Vukasin_SRB
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 01:20 AM

I really have to tell you that when I play with super weapon general in challenge on easy against TNT general, that I loose everytime. It is too hard for me. Maybe you could make the AI more weak on easy and middle difficulty. I think many people would appreciate that.

#3 predator_bg

predator_bg

The predator

• Hosted
  • 2,435 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 08:06 PM

I really have to tell you that when I play with super weapon general in challenge on easy against TNT general, that I loose everytime. It is too hard for me. Maybe you could make the AI more weak on easy and middle difficulty. I think many people would appreciate that.

It will be done.

#4 RogGjbX

RogGjbX
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 09:56 AM

Will some of the existing AI improvements in the Advanced AI mod for Zero Hour be merged into Contra? E.g., AI hunting dozers and Chinook drops?

Reference: http://www.moddb.com...improved-by-aei

#5 predator_bg

predator_bg

The predator

• Hosted
  • 2,435 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 09:44 PM

Will some of the existing AI improvements in the Advanced AI mod for Zero Hour be merged into Contra? E.g., AI hunting dozers and Chinook drops?

Reference: http://www.moddb.com...improved-by-aei

Not planned.

#6 gzhegow

gzhegow
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 05:27 PM

I'm Zmey Gorynych from redsys.

A few years ago i did making Contra as my favor mod.

Now i see contra.cncguild.net, and :flame: ... oh, now i'm fine.

Hello, i think, you need a better concept art designer.

Last troop crawler models is so bored.... Original TC requires redesign of wheels to roadkill jeep only and did be nice. Now its axe-created models.

==

Very nice model cyborg commando. A good one.

==

Mega dragon, do you serious? Immolator with two oil tanks on the turret did be better than this one from point of conceptarting.

==

Sorry, but WHAT IS IT?

http://media.moddb.c...ofile/shark.jpg

Alien invasion? 8 bit game style?

==

Who did create idea of Overlord HQ?

Who create this concept?

http://media.moddb.c...ile/ovrldhq.jpg

Where is the overlord here? Where is maybe guns, or some junk of overlord? Where is shells maybe? Tracks? Its overlord hq, or "it is china (maybe) building, what doing something ...something."

==

Omg, remodelled scorp. Antimine shield looks... nice, but not impressive.

==

Urals vice versa looks nice, as i see.

==

SW gen tower defence it's really fail. In fact we have a underground power node or something... strange. With 4 human slots, of course. Why we need infantry slots at 3 levels superweapon gen, i dont know.

==

Grendel looks nice. Really. Very dangerous.

==

Strategy center TD/Railgun strange too. No resources to designer... No designer, that want'd to work at this.

==

Like that marauder. Looks very defensive and dangerous, and just nice!

==

Another concepts nice.

==

A last one - remodel that Cepheus. If you remove that "gun" and add two rocket launchers from both side - it will looks better. If you want you can make it as a four-barreled tanks cannons, but design is rocket launches (as a Karakourt by Chemical Gen)

You can realise a cybernetic general superunit not as a flying fortress,

http://media.moddb.c...9/auto/19gf.jpg

It can be 2 units in one. (use rider behavior). Basically tank have rider and looks bigger. If you click "exit", half of tank coming out from unit, and you receive 2 superunits with half power (as variant - one is engineer, shield and building destroyer, another - AA, AT, AP unit). Sorry i still like Fafnir for this.

** fun stuff

==

If you add tank as on predator_bg avatar, you'll gain more awards.  :thumbsupxd:

#7 B.kano

B.kano
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 12:00 AM

Hey guys, outstanding work and keep pushing forward on updating this awesome mod for Generals ZH.
But i prefer to look back to the USA Air force's war factory, sadly it doesn't have a super unit, i know it is the awesome wyvern but i like to see a vehicle in the war factory that could be reached at rank 5.
Thank you.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users