The Hardest C&C Mission Ever?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Eternity 6

Eternity 6
  • Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 02:32 AM

Sorry couldn't help my self . So which mission out of all cnc games do you find the hardest other then every single MO mission :p .

Personally I wouldn't realy know I mostly play on easy .  However I have completed all of the 3D/SAGE engine games on the hardest difficulty , and personally I think the second last mission of the soviets in RA 2 was pretty tough however I think the difficulty is messed up as it is just as hard on hard as on easy and normal .

#2 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 04:32 AM

I know I always had problems on the last Soviet mission of YR, so I always modded the rules.ini to make some unit or building cheaper, so I have that advantage.

And also the one mission in RA2 with the Soviets, where you have to take down Yuri. Actually, I think that was the hardest, now that I think about it.

And yeah, I usually play on Normal and Easy too. Usually I play on Normal until I can't figure out how to win the mission on that difficulty. I played the RA2 campaigns quite a few times, but I never really seem to get that better, which is in contrast with StarCraft 2 (at least, Single Player wise). I wonder why is that. (Besides the SC2 campaign being mostly quite easy.)

#3 CLAlstar

CLAlstar

The one and only master of Scorpion Cell

• Members
  • 1,095 posts
  •  Worst MO Player

Posted 30 September 2015 - 08:08 AM

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) You want hardest mission in the w0rld?
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) I'll show you hardest mission inthe w0rld.

#4 Black Temple Gaurdian

Black Temple Gaurdian

dead and back again

• Members
  • 479 posts
  •  Fallen Dragon

Posted 30 September 2015 - 01:03 PM

When I first got into modding I made simple changes, like giving Rocketeers EiffelBolt.
Which I then forgot about.
And tried to play the Soviet campaign.
Keeping that Beacon secure sure was hard.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

according to our determinedly dopey Prime Minister Mr Brown, Obama also has a beach in Normandy named after him. If that can't win you an election, what can?

#5 PurpleGaga27

PurpleGaga27

Retired C&C Modder

• Members
  • 2,197 posts
  •  Media Division Top Contributer

Posted 30 September 2015 - 05:47 PM

As what Speeder mentioned in an earlier status post, the hardest mission in MO3 is a Yuri mission called Singularity.

#6 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 11:02 PM

Well, the OP kinda mentioned that the question is hardest mission in any C&C game but MO, as every MO mission is currently the hardest.

#7 Atomic_Noodles

Atomic_Noodles

Colony Hivemind

• Project Team
  • 854 posts
  • Projects:Red Alert - Colony Wars
  •  Colony Wars Hive Mind

Posted 02 October 2015 - 01:29 AM

The Hardest Mission for me would probably be that Liquid Tiberium Bomb Mission in CnC 3 (Where mostly because I'd rather not use the Liquid Tiberium Bomb

~ Getting cringe reactions when you see a RAINBOW means you have issues. ~

"This World is an Illussion,Exile" -High Templar Dominus

#8 Eternity 6

Eternity 6
  • Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 03:35 PM

The Hardest Mission for me would probably be that Liquid Tiberium Bomb Mission in CnC 3 (Where mostly because I'd rather not use the Liquid Tiberium Bomb

Noway I finished that on my second try not using the bomb on brutal personally I found the mission where you first get the catalyst missile to be much harder if you don't use the missile .

Also the last scrin mission is quite hard on brutal the only problem is that they give you too much resources if it wasn't for that it would be near impossible .

Edited by Eternity 6, 02 October 2015 - 03:37 PM.

#9 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 06:23 PM

I actually completed that final GDI mission in C&C3 with using the Tiberium Bomb. You get an alternate ending then, where you are told that you basically murdered half the planet and you are awful and dismissed permanently. Was interesting that they actually did a separate ending like that. Using the bomb also makes the mission incredibly easy, so basically you are punished for "cheating". I did complete it legit the first though.

Edited by Solais, 03 October 2015 - 05:17 AM.

#10 CLAlstar

CLAlstar

• Members
  • 1,095 posts
  •  Worst MO Player

Posted 02 October 2015 - 06:33 PM

Moral defeat, it is. I liked that concept, shows that easiest way is not always right one.

#11 lovalmidas

lovalmidas

Yunru Kanegawa. Go figure. Go mental.

• Project Team
  • 1,192 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega Almost Perfect Yunru's Revenge Version 3.0
  •  Why am I not in the Centurion?

Posted 03 October 2015 - 11:02 AM

Lol Alstar, showing my Aegis Impervious as a candidate. :p

(Not that I reject it. Aegis Impervious was designed to defeat its creator and his omniscient knowledge of the mission. Each time I made a version and won it on Easy, I made it harder for myself. The version I have and posted in 2012? Never beat it. Three years. More than 50 tries. Not even once.) :p

For the missions in the official franchise, I consider CnC3 Nod mission 8 (Slovenia) to be pretty hard (on Hard), if you do not cleverly sneak the Shadow Teams to destroy the GDI's refineries before you move the convoy to your base-to-be.

30m70ag.png

Mental Omega on the web:
fbbutton.png ytbutton.png mdbutton.png dsbutton.png
IRC: #menthosogma (Rizon)

#12 Plasma_Wolf

Plasma_Wolf
  • Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 03 October 2015 - 12:51 PM

A couple of Tiberian Dawn Covert Missions come to mind.

The GDI mission where you have start with 3 soldiers, have to find more units while exploring the map, and then make your way to a hospital and evacuate three Dr. Mobius units. One has to survive. It's good that just one has to survive because there is a timer for Nod Nukes and you can then leave a Mobius behind and hope the nuke targets that.

Another nice GDI gem is where you get an MCV delivered but it has to cross from north to south before you can safely deploy it. That area has several tanks and rocket solders in it. All Nod tanks: light, flame, stealth. When you finally have the MCV deployed, they come along with Air strikes (Nod stole a GDI MCV which is the reason for the mission) and SSM launches.

Go ahead and try to do that mission without building walls, which the original game didn't see as a target so you could literally box your enemy in, build an army 100 times as strong (I actually did that once: 50 Mammoth tanks because I wasn't sure how strong the Obelisk was against them), and steamroll the enemy.

Finally, Nod Death Squad, which is remade in MO3 (E06: Landlocked)

Edited by Plasma_Wolf, 03 October 2015 - 12:56 PM.

#13 lovalmidas

lovalmidas

• Project Team
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 03 October 2015 - 01:44 PM

The Nod nuke targets the Hospital (in Tiberium Dawn the AI nuke only targets structures). You don't have to leave any Mobius behind. :p

Though yeah. Once I lost because I was moving three Mobius together ahead and a Stealth Tank squished them at once. :'(

30m70ag.png

Mental Omega on the web:

#14 Plasma_Wolf

Plasma_Wolf
  • Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 03 October 2015 - 06:32 PM

I took them out of the hospital, but then I took so long that they fired another nuke. Took out half my forces I think...

Then I quit for the day. Eventually I tried again 10 years later and I barely managed to win.

#15 Seth

Seth
  • Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 03:16 AM

The last chinese mission in vanilla Generals. On hardest difficulty.

Untill you manage to get your base up they already have freaking scud storm(hint hint build your War Factory far away since they target that, usually), then you have to deal with the constant harassament from Rocket Buggies and Scud Launchers, don't even want to mention Jarmen Kell that comes in to snipe your Nuke Cannons crew which is kinda the only thing that can defend your base.

Bunkers are useful usually, unless again Karmen Jell comes to snipe your dozers and leave them defendless against scuds and buggies.

The mission itself it's not hardcore, but it's really stressful, untill you manage to take out that damned Scud Storm you will already get hit at least 4 times, then you realise you are out of resources because you need to rebuild your stuff.

I usually point-whore to get the EMP Bomb and use it on defenses(for whatever reason the Tunnel thingies can detect stealthed stuff) and find a good path with Black Lotus to capture their stuff(cheaty but it's really annoying to do it with normal attacks).

Another mission(that was supposed to be hard but thanks to glitches it's easy as pie) would be the last one in TS: Firestorm with the freaking Core Defender, try to take on it without using firestorm wall exploit, any air units or destroying a bridge.

The most stressful missions IMO are the dinosaur ones in C&C1, fucking raptors own everything.

Edited by Seth, 07 October 2015 - 03:19 AM.

#16 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,998 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 07 October 2015 - 09:47 AM

Oh please, I don't know why we're having this discussion. There is no harder C&C mission than Singularity, I bet barely 1% of players managed to complete it. :p

mainbanner.jpg
bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_right.png
115776.png

#17 lovalmidas

lovalmidas

• Project Team
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 11:22 AM

No I disagree. That mission is much much easier than Aegis Impervious, a 2.5 hour rampage. :D

At least Aegis Impervious had save games. If save games is the reason by you think Aegis Impervious is easier... fair enough. :p

30m70ag.png

Mental Omega on the web:

#18 Martinoz

Martinoz

Just MK

• C&C Guild Staff
  • 1,621 posts
  • Projects:YR Argentina Webmaster
  •  Since April 2011
  • Division:C&C Guild
  • Job:YR Argentina

Posted 07 October 2015 - 12:15 PM

The last chinese mission in vanilla Generals. On hardest difficulty.

Untill you manage to get your base up they already have freaking scud storm(hint hint build your War Factory far away since they target that, usually), then you have to deal with the constant harassament from Rocket Buggies and Scud Launchers, don't even want to mention Jarmen Kell that comes in to snipe your Nuke Cannons crew which is kinda the only thing that can defend your base.

Bunkers are useful usually, unless again Karmen Jell comes to snipe your dozers and leave them defendless against scuds and buggies.

The mission itself it's not hardcore, but it's really stressful, untill you manage to take out that damned Scud Storm you will already get hit at least 4 times, then you realise you are out of resources because you need to rebuild your stuff.

I usually point-whore to get the EMP Bomb and use it on defenses(for whatever reason the Tunnel thingies can detect stealthed stuff) and find a good path with Black Lotus to capture their stuff(cheaty but it's really annoying to do it with normal attacks).

Another mission(that was supposed to be hard but thanks to glitches it's easy as pie) would be the last one in TS: Firestorm with the freaking Core Defender, try to take on it without using firestorm wall exploit, any air units or destroying a bridge.

The most stressful missions IMO are the dinosaur ones in C&C1, fucking raptors own everything.

You can Overlord rush the GLA base. Just use 3-4 of them and GLA is simply defenseless.

7fqd2Qz.png

#19 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 01:24 PM

Oh please, I don't know why we're having this discussion. There is no harder C&C mission than Singularity, I bet barely 1% of players managed to complete it. :p

Well, the OP's clarified question was "which mission out of all cnc games do you find the hardest other then every single MO mission". So, besides MO, since MO already got the most impossible campaign ever.

#20 CLAlstar

CLAlstar

• Members
  • 1,095 posts
  •  Worst MO Player

Posted 07 October 2015 - 01:36 PM

Not that impossible since some of people are capable of passing it :p

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users