Photo

Unmodded BFME1 stops working after the installation of Elven Alliance and SaF

Best Answer Kwen, 11 October 2015 - 04:23 PM

The reason why is because the last faction you played with a mod installed no longer exists in the normal un-modded game so it crashes. Two ways to fix it, one either run the modded version and play a faction that does exist in the un-modded game (Rohan, Isengard, Gondor or Mordor) then close down the game and launch the un-modded one. Or you can just delete your skirmish data files from your My Battle for Middle-earth Files folder (the place mods are installed).

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Before

Before
  • Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 11 October 2015 - 04:13 PM

When I launch the game normally and select Skirmish, I now recieve this error: http://i.imgur.com/RtF3fqN.png

Anyone seen something of the like before?

Edited by Before, 11 October 2015 - 04:13 PM.

#2 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  • Projects:It'sa secreeet
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Expert
  • Donated

Posted 11 October 2015 - 04:23 PM   Best Answer

The reason why is because the last faction you played with a mod installed no longer exists in the normal un-modded game so it crashes. Two ways to fix it, one either run the modded version and play a faction that does exist in the un-modded game (Rohan, Isengard, Gondor or Mordor) then close down the game and launch the un-modded one. Or you can just delete your skirmish data files from your My Battle for Middle-earth Files folder (the place mods are installed).

https://www.twitch.tv/vileartist - Yes shameless self-promotion

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Old modders never die, they just fade away" ~ Hostile

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users